Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Very nice experience at DFW yesterday- item left on plane

Old Mar 3, 2021, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat

Exited my flight at DFW, and rushed to my HOU flight. My phone was ringing off the hook. Arrived C terminal, departing B terminal. I do the walk rather than the tram.

Walking through B, my phone rings, TX phone number. I hang up on my current call, and answer. It is a AA supervisor. Seems I left a cell phone on my flight (phone has no name on it- nothing). AA supervisor tried to call me to see if it was my phone, but it was my work phone, not my personal phone which is registered with AA.

AA found the phone in the seatback, researched who was sitting in 4d, looked me up, and found me in a matter of minutes, and delivered the phone to my B gate. Very impressed by AA supervisor and all involved to care enough to identify the owner of the lost phone ans get it to me in minutes. Really not a easy task, but AA cared. Thank you AA- I am grateful. And to report a lost phone at work is a very unfun action......
Old Mar 3, 2021, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP
That's an amazing story. Sadly I've never successfully retrieved anything I left on a plane.
Uzzar and 747jetter like this.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 3:47 pm

Very good. Only thing you hear about these days are delays and cancellations from dfw to Hawaii and they don't have a spare widebody....
discoverCSG likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
That's great!

Not anywhere near as dramatic, but I left my laptop on LAS-PHL about a month ago... I had no hope that I'd ever see it again (it was new and I hadn't put a label w/ my name on it yet)... but I filled out the lost and found form, they confirmed they had it the next day, and it arrived 2 days later. AA gets some things right
GunsOfNavarone, Gringa and aztimm like this.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Nice story and great service from the DFW AA team.

A few years ago when we lived in DEN, Mrs. SFO777 left her iPad on a DFW-DEN AA flight and she didn't remember until 3 days later. Activating her Find my iPhone feature, we discovered that it was in Concourse A at DEN. Calls to AA baggage service and the DEN Admirals Club produced no luck despite the Find my iPhone evidence. But 30 minutes later, we saw it on the move, leaving the terminal and winding up in a DEN employees parking lot. I activated the annoying and highly audible "alarm function". Within 5 minutes, it was on its way back to the terminal and the AA Baggage Service office...where AA called me to tell me that "we found your wife's iPad" LOL. I drove out to DIA and picked it up 90 minutes later.
MathMusic, roadtriper, 1P and 5 others like this.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 5:55 pm

I also had a good experience with AA lost and found at DFW recently. I was flying standby and was on a plane that was getting delayed so I switched to another flight while I could still get off (Flight A was already fully boarded). In the rush, left my iPad in the seatback pocket. Flight A ended up changing equipment. I sent a Twitter DM to AA and, to my surprise, they actually were able to send someone down to retrieve it before the plane was towed to a hangar. Pretty impressive. First time I've actually recovered a lost item in 4 or 5 attempts over the years.
SFO777, wrp96 and Gringa like this.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 6:26 pm

Programs: Free agent AAdvantage LT GLD
I left my e-book reader and didn't realize it for a few hours after landing at MIA. Filled in the form online and several days later it showed up. Nice experience.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 4:49 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
a few years ago i was flying SFO-LAX-LHR but overnighting in LAX. it wasnt until i got to my hotel that night that i realized my laptop was not in my bag...and obviously must be in the seatback pocket. the horror!

it was the late saturday night flight which meant i wasnt able to get anyone on the phone that night and the next morning it took many calls for them to find someone who could get into the secured lost and found (which was closed for the weekend) and long story short they had my laptop waiting for me when i got to the flagship lounge that afternoon. i was so happy i could have kissed that woman!

so its great to hear they were so quick to get you your other phone back!
Old Mar 8, 2021, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by GunsOfNavarone
Exited my flight at DFW, and rushed to my HOU flight. My phone was ringing off the hook. Arrived C terminal, departing B terminal. I do the walk rather than the tram.

Walking through B, my phone rings, TX phone number. I hang up on my current call, and answer. It is a AA supervisor. Seems I left a cell phone on my flight (phone has no name on it- nothing). AA supervisor tried to call me to see if it was my phone, but it was my work phone, not my personal phone which is registered with AA.

AA found the phone in the seatback, researched who was sitting in 4d, looked me up, and found me in a matter of minutes, and delivered the phone to my B gate. Very impressed by AA supervisor and all involved to care enough to identify the owner of the lost phone ans get it to me in minutes. Really not a easy task, but AA cared. Thank you AA- I am grateful. And to report a lost phone at work is a very unfun action......

Nice to hear good things. I hope you dropped a note to HQ or a message on Twitter praising the employees who went the extra mile.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Gringa
Nice to hear good things. I hope you dropped a note to HQ or a message on Twitter praising the employees who went the extra mile.
Yes I did, to the EXP customer relations office.
madmanshoney, Gringa and wrp96 like this.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 10:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
I had a great experience at DFW a couple of months ago as well. I realized when I got to my boarding gate that I had left my winter coat hanging in the closet on my previous flight in another terminal. The gate agent there called several times - including calling a neighboring gate when the correct gate wasn't answering their phone. She told me to wait at the podium until the last minute before boarding. An AA manager showed up with my coat. I was so thankful!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.