June Domestic Schedule Updates?

Old Mar 1, 21, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

June Domestic Schedule Updates?

When should the updates/cuts to the June domestic schedule be done?

I need to book my 10 year old - unaccompanied minor - LAS->CLT->AVL but want to wait until the schedule adjustments have been done first since I have to call to book it. I donít want to have to sit in the multiple times.
Old Mar 2, 21, 5:36 am

More than likely either the 17th or 24th of April (they do them on Saturday nights/Sunday mornings).
Old Mar 2, 21, 6:00 am

Does that follow that May will be finalized in 2-3 weeks?
Old Mar 2, 21, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by cmtlatitudes View Post
Does that follow that May will be finalized in 2-3 weeks?
They seem to be doing them every 4 weeks right now and April was finalized 2 weeks ago - so if they continue that pattern, yes, it'll be the 14th. (and now that I've said that it'll be the 21st)
Old Mar 2, 21, 8:33 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Silver/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Similar question... How solid is the international schedule for April? I'm booked on a PHL-DUB flight and am frankly surprised it has not already been cancelled.
Old Mar 2, 21, 11:01 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Glob-Lite, MLife Gold, Caesar's Diamond+, Delta and Southwest basic this year...
Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
Similar question... How solid is the international schedule for April? I'm booked on a PHL-DUB flight and am frankly surprised it has not already been cancelled.
Replying to this in hopes someone will quote me... because I too am curious to the answer. I had an end of March flight booked to Buenos Aires (that I probably won't be allowed to take since COVID vaccines aren't coming quickly enough) - and just a day or two ago they rescheduled me to fly LAX-MIA-EZE instead of through DFW. There seems to be NO DFW-EZE anymore, for the end of March anyways. The layover is stupid long too and with the schedule change being 5 hours, I think maybe I can get a refund ($800 RT lie-flat seats, no thank you!) or if really lucky, get AA to push out my entire trip as far into the summer as possible for a second chance at going?
Old Mar 2, 21, 11:16 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Silver/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali View Post
Replying to this in hopes someone will quote me... because I too am curious to the answer. I had an end of March flight booked to Buenos Aires (that I probably won't be allowed to take since COVID vaccines aren't coming quickly enough) - and just a day or two ago they rescheduled me to fly LAX-MIA-EZE instead of through DFW. There seems to be NO DFW-EZE anymore, for the end of March anyways. The layover is stupid long too and with the schedule change being 5 hours, I think maybe I can get a refund ($800 RT lie-flat seats, no thank you!) or if really lucky, get AA to push out my entire trip as far into the summer as possible for a second chance at going?
Thanks. Sounds like April international flights are still at risk. Your situation definitely qualifies for a full refund. IME they will shift your trip up to 7 days later with no change in fare. Beyond that, you pay prevailing rates and use your existing ticket as a credit toward that.
Old Mar 2, 21, 11:24 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Gold, PC Bolbol, All Silver, HH Silver, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
The April international schedule has been previously modified and the majority of the flights were already trimmed. I assume that AA is planning to operate that route but further changes are highly likely. All ex-PHL routes to Europe are already cancelled for April except for London and Dublin.

With LHR and DUB being BA/EI hubs, there would also be transfer passengers on the European side so these routes also don't rely on O<->D traffic.
Old Mar 2, 21, 8:35 pm

DFW-EZE is 3x weekly through end of March (Tue/Thu/Sat) and currently daily starting Apr 1. Looks like they reduced frequencies (rather than dropping flight) in March. I'd be suspect about those daily flights currently showing in April for this route.

Last edited by xliioper; Mar 3, 21 at 7:55 am
Old Mar 3, 21, 12:18 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Glob-Lite, MLife Gold, Caesar's Diamond+, Delta and Southwest basic this year...
Thanks. Sounds like April international flights are still at risk. Your situation definitely qualifies for a full refund. IME they will shift your trip up to 7 days later with no change in fare. Beyond that, you pay prevailing rates and use your existing ticket as a credit toward that.
Thanks, though I don't really want a refund on an $800 RT lie flat to EZE lol!!! 7 days past March 26 at least gets me into April, so the odds are maybe 5 percent higher.
Ever had experience moving out by 7 days and then having THAT schedule highly modified after confirming? I'd rather ride this out and down the late train as long as possible than be refunded, as you can imagine.
Old Mar 3, 21, 8:01 am

Thanks, though I don't really want a refund on an $800 RT lie flat to EZE lol!!! 7 days past March 26 at least gets me into April, so the odds are maybe 5 percent higher.
Ever had experience moving out by 7 days and then having THAT schedule highly modified after confirming? I'd rather ride this out and down the late train as long as possible than be refunded, as you can imagine.
Again, they are operating the flight in late March, it's just not daily (it's 3x weekly). It was just the luck of the draw that it's not operating on the day you had booked. Going from 3x weekly to daily in April is a fairly big jump, but they are not actually going from 0 to daily.
Old Mar 3, 21, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA EP
Doubtful 7 days is going to make a difference.
Old Mar 3, 21, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier View Post
Doubtful 7 days is going to make a difference.
I mean, maybe... but the difference between the end of a month and the start of a month COULD be huge. At some point somebody is going to say, ok, all vaccinated persons can come effective April 1, or April 15, or maybe it's July 15th right before the Olympics when countries begin to open up.
Old Mar 3, 21, 6:01 pm

Unrelated to int'l travel, I have noticed that my home airport is slated to go back to mainline service on May 6. Are the typical "subject to change" schedules beginning on the first of each month, or a few days in?
Old Mar 3, 21, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by aviatorict View Post
Unrelated to int'l travel, I have noticed that my home airport is slated to go back to mainline service on May 6. Are the typical "subject to change" schedules beginning on the first of each month, or a few days in?
Just offhand, I believe the most current updated schedule goes through 5/2. 5/6 hasn't been updated yet.

Edit: it's 5/5

Last edited by Drwaz99; Mar 4, 21 at 3:16 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: