Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight 119 DFW-OGG feb 24

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2021, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Flight 119 DFW-OGG feb 24

Well it’s my 51st birthday and this flight couldn’t be botched more.

On arrival to DFW from Bwi flight was on time. Even saw the the plane at the gate. We had a three hour layover. Midway through we got a delay notification of one hour. I jumped on flightaware and saw a replacement coming from Tulsa.

the delay extended 4 times for a total of four hours due to ETOPS checks. . With the gate staffand the posted information never matching.

finally left the gate and were put in take off sequence until pilot announced we were missing legal documents. Back to the gate. And the crew has timed out. So I have no idea what’s next. We are also on a clock for our Covid tests.

unreal.
Guate87 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 5:05 pm

Programs: Aadvantage Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
We are also on a clock for our Covid tests.

unreal.
Covid tests will be fine - they count from the scheduled departure, so delays won't have an impact
JB OmahAA likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by flsusi
Covid tests will be fine - they count from the scheduled departure, so delays won't have an impact
Agreed unless they ultimately cancel. That’s my worry now.
MSPeconomist and Guate87 like this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Remember that if you end up flying on a different day, which puts you within 72 hours, you can re-take the covid tests using the CareNow option offered to AA Hawaii-bound passengers in the walkway between Terminal D and Terminal B. It's expensive but very efficient, and the staff are awesome.
jAAck, JB OmahAA and Mr. Vker like this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ESpen36
Remember that if you end up flying on a different day, which puts you within 72 hours, you can re-take the covid tests using the CareNow option offered to AA Hawaii-bound passengers in the walkway between Terminal D and Terminal B. It's expensive but very efficient, and the staff are awesome.
that’s what we will do. I have trip insurance and will submit and see what happens.
ESpen36 and JB OmahAA like this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

current situation.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Just another typicAAl dAAy at DFW. You expected AA to run its operation any differently on your birthday?
Old Feb 24, 2021, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Herb687
Just another typicAAl dAAy at DFW. You expected AA to run its operation any differently on your birthday?
hahaha. No. Just icing on my birthday cake.
JB OmahAA likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
hahaha. No. Just icing on my birthday cake.
I like the extra twist of an airplane that was ferried in from maintenance in TUL taking a maintenance delay. But sadly that's not unusual with AA. I've taken delays on flights that were tow-ons from the Service Center.
JB OmahAA likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
There are two daily DFW-OGG flights currently, and this significantly delayed one is the earlier of the two departures.

There are also two flights back from OGG, and the earlier one is now scheduled to take off 4 hours later than that later one. Interesting that they didn’t get use the later scheduled departure out of DFW (that actually arrived OGG earlier to fly the earlier flight back).

I guess they’d rather have one severely delayed flight (see pic below) vs. two slightly delayed flights (and only one flight with misconnects).

Old Feb 24, 2021, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Yikes. Was rebooking onto the later (and also delayed, albeit only by an hour) AA7 not an option for the OP?
Old Feb 24, 2021, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dkc192
Yikes. Was rebooking onto the later (and also delayed, albeit only by an hour) AA7 not an option for the OP?
It was. But at that time the were departing nearly the same time. Ours continued to get delayed beyond the departure of the other flight.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
It was. But at that time the were departing nearly the same time. Ours continued to get delayed beyond the departure of the other flight.
I know this won't help your situation now, but I think an on-time or slightly delayed flight is generally a better bet than a flight experiencing continuous, rolling delays. In your case I would've jumped onto AA7 the minute AA119 rolled to about the same ETD as AA7. Hope you make it out to OGG tonight and enjoy the rest of your birthday trip.
donotblink likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dkc192
I know this won't help your situation now, but I think an on-time or slightly delayed flight is generally a better bet than a flight experiencing continuous, rolling delays. In your case I would've jumped onto AA7 the minute AA119 rolled to about the same ETD as AA7. Hope you make it out to OGG tonight and enjoy the rest of your birthday trip.
I was in the admirals club when our first delay announced. The app offered the other flight however an agent said that was going to be delayed too. It seemed that both were going to be about 90 minutes late. When we were delayed the second time our options were much more limited.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

And the final straw. The plane the sent as a replacement was the original plane and is still out of service. They actually moved the plane to the new gate. They realized it and canceled the flight. I have never seen this incompetence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.