Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Is First Class starting to return to JFK-LAX?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2021, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist

EF shows AA adding a third daily JFK-LAX and back nonstop as of March 5th. The midday timed AA3 and AA4 are showing as three class 32B. Interestingly, timing means they aren't using the same plane both ways.
brewdog11 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 9:21 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
Given F on A321T is exactly the same as J on 772 and FFD not opening... Not sure how they can get away with selling F with any meaningful upcharge.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 9:45 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by shd9
Given F on A321T is exactly the same as J on 772 and FFD not opening... Not sure how they can get away with selling F with any meaningful upcharge.
Non-rev demand.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 9:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by shd9
and yet:

SFO777 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 10:21 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
That’s actually a pretty good price for J! At least compared to what it used to be!
Old Feb 6, 2021, 10:38 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by SFO777
EF shows AA adding a third daily JFK-LAX and back nonstop as of March 5th. The midday timed AA3 and AA4 are showing as three class 32B. Interestingly, timing means they aren't using the same plane both ways.
Perhaps AA is using the same plane for the 3rd daily LAX and 2nd daily SFO...good to see capacity added back. Will be interesting to see will whether Flagship First has a future on the route longer term.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 11:06 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
First class is so expensive because there is no discounted (A) availability.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
First class is so expensive because there is no discounted (A) availability.
And the only difference onboard will be the amenity kit ... everything else will be identical to Flagship Business
Old Feb 6, 2021, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by donotblink
That’s actually a pretty good price for J! At least compared to what it used to be!
Given the same price, I’d book J on the 772.
fly747first and Pittie Pup like this.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by fly747first
And the only difference onboard will be the amenity kit ... everything else will be identical to Flagship Business
...and the absence of a seatmate. But yeah, you can get that in J on the 772. So F on the 321 really only makes sense if you're buying J and using a SWU or BXP1...
SFO777 and madmanshoney like this.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
...and the absence of a seatmate. But yeah, you can get that in J on the 772. So F on the 321 really only makes sense if you're buying J and using a SWU or BXP1...
I honestly find the Super Diamond J seats on 772s more comfortable than those of A321T F
ijgordon and jacca83 like this.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 11:36 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Or if you have an F-class policy with your employer, something which a reasonable amount of actors out of LAX and bankers/ lawyers out of JFK do. I mean, "make sense" is obviously relative here...
Old Feb 8, 2021, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Or if you have an F-class policy with your employer, something which a reasonable amount of actors out of LAX and bankers/ lawyers out of JFK do. I mean, "make sense" is obviously relative here...
I mean, that sounds very nice, but that also sounds like something that the actors may have negotiated away, and which many lawyer-employees have certainly negotiated away. Whoopsie.

Last edited by platbrownguy; Feb 8, 2021 at 3:17 pm
Old Feb 8, 2021, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I mean, that sounds very nice, but that also sounds like something that the actors may have negotiated away, and which my lawyer-employees have certainly negotiated away. Whoopsie.
MIA LAX still has a 77W with F and most of the time, it is filled with nonrevs who clearly don't even know how to recline the seats lol
Old Feb 9, 2021, 11:52 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM / AA PP, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by fly747first
MIA LAX still has a 77W with F and most of the time, it is filled with nonrevs who clearly don't even know how to recline the seats lol
It took them forever, but AA finally decided they want to sell those F seats. Used to be like $500 in discounted J and something crazy like $1800 in F. Seems they finally are selling at a small premium of about $200. I still wouldn't pay that but at least they might get a few bites at that level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.