Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA and the Verifly app (issues, experiences)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA and the Verifly app (issues, experiences)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2021, 6:35 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by enviroian
I’m just going through the manage check list for the VeriFLY app. It has 4 choices of allowable covid test:

RT-PCR
ANTIGEN
LAMP
NAA

what is the Walgreens ID NOW?
PCR. At least that's what I've been using when submitting test results using Abbott ID NOW. Note this is different than the Abbott BinaxNOW test, which is an antigen test.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Catbert10
PCR. At least that's what I've been using when submitting test results using Abbott ID NOW. Note this is different than the Abbott BinaxNOW test, which is an antigen test.
thanks. You actually answered two questions without knowing it as I’m using a BinaxNOW to get home with (I’m thinking of bringing 2 tests in case I F up something).
Old Jun 22, 2021, 12:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, AA EXP, UA Gold
Flying FCO-DFW tomorrow. Uploaded pharmacy Antigen-RT test that appears to meet all their requirements for 2 pax. Rejected with no reason given but option to re-submit. At this point, made a reservation / planning to be at FCO early enough to take another RT if they won't accept, but going to let the humans review. My mom flew FCO-DFW using pharmacy Antigen-RT last week with no issues.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 8:21 am

We used Verifly for PVR to DFW flight on 6/11/21.
We received our test results late in the day (almost midnight) on 6/9/21 and I uploaded those.
I believe on 6/10/21, companions status was listed as cleared/processed or whatever.
On 6/11/21, 3 hours prior to departure, mine still listed as pending, but it did give us the Pass, for some weird reason. So I can only assume I was approved, but they hadn't transmitted to AA yet? Or a fluke in the app?
Anyway, we had no problems checking in at AA in PVR in the Verifly lane.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 9:23 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Traveling internationally tomorrow and so far Verifly has been very easy. My negative test was validated in <5 minutes and my husband's in about 2 hours. Interested to see if it will allow for online check in on the AA app this afternoon since we have all the docs already.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
Has anyone been able to use this to setup a flight July 1 or later? We fly to Greece through the UK on July 1, and every day the list of available dates shrinks, but never gets past June 30. We plan on getting our tests three days out and given the stories of delays in verifying test results, I'd like to be able to setup my trip sooner rather than later.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have green check marks for two of three steps on the check list. Looks like I can't do the final step on the check list until T-24 which is 8:30 tonight CST.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the app worked today for me. Three green lol
Old Jun 24, 2021, 2:51 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
This app would not let me take a profile photo. I never got a clickable "take photo" button. Maybe it's good that I didn't get farther into the app before having trouble.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Waste of time at JFK. Still had to produce all documents at check in. Never asked for the app. Hopefully it will be useful on the way back in ATH.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 1:06 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
This worked great for ATH-JFK. At ATH, there is a dedicated line for Verifly. The agent handling check-in at this dedicated counter position reviewed my green check and that was sufficient for her. It all worked the way it was designed for the return (unlike the outbound, where the test results weren't approved until I was already in the air!).
justforfun likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 4:21 pm

Verified on VeriFLY but still "incomplete" in AA app

Can someone tell how long does it take to be updated / sync?
Old Jun 25, 2021, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA PL
Last Tuesday I had a flight cancelled from CLT to AUA. They were able to rebook me a few hours later, however, VeriFly would not allow me to update the flight info so I had to start over. I was already mad that they would not let me completed it until 24 hours before my CLT to AUA flight even though my PHX to CLT flight was the night before, I couldn't check-in to that flight until VeriFly was completed. They did not review it again until the next day after I had already arrived at my destination. I had to check-in at the airport and go through the process of verifying my documents at the check-in counter. Coming back from AUA I was able to complete the process but then the AA app wouldn't let me check-in because it said the names did not match. It was quite annoying and pretty clear the app is quite flawed.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 9:46 pm

It worked fine for me with a completely empty dedicated VeriFLY lane at MBJ. Handwritten Covid test results reviewed in less than 30 minutes 48+ hours from departure.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just took the binaxNOW here in England. My departure is 48 hours from now. It was a pretty easy process. I then uploaded a screen shot of my results to the VeriFLY app and was approved with green check mark within a few minutes. I’m ready to head home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.