Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA and the Verifly app (issues, experiences)

AA and the Verifly app (issues, experiences)

Old Jun 12, 2022, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA EP
Flew MEX TO DFW today

Did not need the verifly app, checked in via the AA app and had to fill out a contact tracing form in the app, then got the boarding pass
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 5:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
We may not need Verifly to return to the US, but what about other countries that still require testing to enter (Trinidad & Tobago)? I'm heading there in a few weeks and they still require a negative test for entry so I presume Verifly will still be around for such cases.
nk15 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
FWIW I received the negative test results notification. I then went to the verifly app and I had my ready to travel cert there with my smiling mug. When I checked in today at T-24 the "ready for travel" message automatically just popped up. It was verifly. I wonder when AA will remove all traces of this app as it has no more functionality with AA and flying.
flying to Canada today.. could not olci without doing verifly and then at gate staff insisted on seeing everyones vaccination card, verifly clearance, arrivecan clearance and passport. Seemed very redundant.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by jimmyz1
flying to Canada today.. could not olci without doing verifly and then at gate staff insisted on seeing everyones vaccination card, verifly clearance, arrivecan clearance and passport. Seemed very redundant.
Even Air Canada didn't ask for all of that information at the gate when coming from the US to YVR. Flying AA to YUL on Friday - Verifly completed with green checks - will be interested to see how AA handles things at the gate. Hopefully, my OLCI works as the last thing I want to do is have to get to the airport even earlier to get a boarding pass.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
i Booked a trip to Europe in the Fall and pulled up the PNR in the Verifly app. 4 segments Domestic then International, return Intenational then Domestic.
All green except the return International. All segments are AA (nothing BA) Says too soon to enter.

Today I made a change in date on the return flight - Same PNR - but new ticket number. Using SWUs -ticket before was confirmed in First and Business on all 4 segments. For the changed I am confimred now on 3 segments - except the last domesitc segment.

I removed and cancelled the PNR from the Verifly App, then tried to load it and it says:
"Unfortunately, at ths time, regional/domestic flights in your booking are not supported" Says Retry but same thing.

So I tried this on an upcoming domestic only flight - and get the same message.

Did something change over the past day? Or is there a problem wih Verifly?
Old Jul 11, 2022, 2:59 am

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Checking into DFW-MAD last week it was prompting me to verify via Verifly but every time I tried it would give me a "data error." Coming back to the US it just asked me for contact tracing info. Hopefully last time I ever need to use that dreadful app! Traveling on business trying to justify the fee for expedited checking of docs is something I will not miss!
Old Jul 11, 2022, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by cova
i Booked a trip to Europe in the Fall and pulled up the PNR in the Verifly app. 4 segments Domestic then International, return Intenational then Domestic.
All green except the return International. All segments are AA (nothing BA) Says too soon to enter.

Today I made a change in date on the return flight - Same PNR - but new ticket number. Using SWUs -ticket before was confirmed in First and Business on all 4 segments. For the changed I am confimred now on 3 segments - except the last domesitc segment.

I removed and cancelled the PNR from the Verifly App, then tried to load it and it says:
"Unfortunately, at ths time, regional/domestic flights in your booking are not supported" Says Retry but same thing.

So I tried this on an upcoming domestic only flight - and get the same message.

Did something change over the past day? Or is there a problem wih Verifly?
I have no idea but since you're still months before the flight I really wouldn't worry or mess with it.

Also most of Europe has done away with any kind of covid related docs and checks so depending on where you're going you probably won't even need it.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Is there any need further for this thread? I"m being sincere, not snarky. It would be nice to put a "lock" on a covid-related thread for once.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
Arrghhh - how American Eagle can flummox the thing

Traveling from CLT to YYZ tomorrow via BOS. While I’d normally check in via the AA app, VeriFLY gets in the way. While the help section for VeriFLY notes it won’t handle codeshares, you’re hopeful that when it’s part of the American (as opposed to oneWorld or the JetBlue alliance) family, check in will still work and VeriFLY might be bypassable. But nope. Republic’s operation of the BOS-YYZ flight throws the monkey wrench in. Hopefully check in will go well in person.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by CLTFlyer
Traveling from CLT to YYZ tomorrow via BOS. While I’d normally check in via the AA app, VeriFLY gets in the way. While the help section for VeriFLY notes it won’t handle codeshares, you’re hopeful that when it’s part of the American (as opposed to oneWorld or the JetBlue alliance) family, check in will still work and VeriFLY might be bypassable. But nope. Republic’s operation of the BOS-YYZ flight throws the monkey wrench in. Hopefully check in will go well in person.
Same here, also to YYZ. To this point never had any issues, but all of sudden this week the app does not allow me to use “trip to Canada” and instead prompts to use the “add flights using booking number” which then displays a message that “Unfortunately one of the airlines In your booking is not supported”. No reply from Verifly on several escalations. Like YYZ is not enough pain to fly into,
Old Aug 30, 2022, 2:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Should I still be using VerifFLY as a UK citizen flying from the UK to the US? I imagine I still need to upload vaccination proof somewhere, I don't know if I can just wait til OLCI at T-24 or if I need to be more proactive?
johnash likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
This is so frustrating, I'm flying ONT-DFW-YYZ and even though I'm using the ArriveCAN app, AA will not allow me to check in because I haven't used the VeriFLY app. However, when I try to use it, it will not allow me to add any trips or flights. There should be a bypass if you are using a country's dedicated app.

ETA: Apparently the app is broken on this version of iOS as my old iPhone has an older version and seems to work
Old Sep 10, 2022, 4:10 am

Programs: AADVANTAGE, Iberia Plus, BA Exec Blue, Hertz #1Gold, HHonors Gold, AS, Paradores Amigos
I have just used the app for our flights MAD-DFW-MSO next Wednesday. I've familiarised myself with the quirks of this app over the past few weeks and, when it came to doing attestations and scanning of our vaccination documents as soon as we could (today), it instantly recognised the QR code of our EU vaccination certificates and green passes were issued immediately. Much easier than anticipated. Phew!
Old Sep 25, 2022, 6:38 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, HawaiianMiles
Just realized I posed this in the wrong forum. I meant to post in this one.

Flying PHL to NAS in six weeks. I am fully vaccinated. Added my flights to VeriFLY but am confused about what the app is showing for entry requirements to the Bahamas. The Bahamas no longer requires a negative COVID-19 test for fully vaccinated travelers for entry to the country. Only need to provide proof of vaccination now. Unvaccinated travelers are still required to submit a negative test. Why does the checklist for my trip in the VeriFLY app have both options to "Submit a vaccination for review (optional)" and "COVID-19 test review"?
Old Sep 26, 2022, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by johnr863
Just realized I posed this in the wrong forum. I meant to post in this one.

Flying PHL to NAS in six weeks. I am fully vaccinated. Added my flights to VeriFLY but am confused about what the app is showing for entry requirements to the Bahamas. The Bahamas no longer requires a negative COVID-19 test for fully vaccinated travelers for entry to the country. Only need to provide proof of vaccination now. Unvaccinated travelers are still required to submit a negative test. Why does the checklist for my trip in the VeriFLY app have both options to "Submit a vaccination for review (optional)" and "COVID-19 test review"?
It's presumably just giving you the option for both, if you're un-vaxed then you would submit a negative test, if you're vaxed then you just submit your vax cert.

Once they verify your vax cert the option for a negative test should go away, you'll get the green check and be good to go.
TWA884 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.