Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA and the Verifly app (issues, experiences)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA and the Verifly app (issues, experiences)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2021, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corky
I am flying on 9/1 Wednesday...LAX-JFK-LHR-ZAG. Do I need to enter every leg of this trip to verifly? it all seems so complicated. Can I just uninstall the app and check in and fly like the old days?
I suppose this is supposed to save me time but I don't see it. I am flying in business so I assume there are elite lines for check in. Are there shorter lines for verify check in?
Sorry for the dumb question but still having trouble. What do I use as my "arriving from" airport----LAX or JFK since I am making a connection? My trip begins at LAX but I don't see a place to enter the connecting flight which is JFK-LHR.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
I am flying on 9/1 Wednesday...LAX-JFK-LHR-ZAG. Do I need to enter every leg of this trip to verifly? it all seems so complicated. Can I just uninstall the app and check in and fly like the old days?
I suppose this is supposed to save me time but I don't see it. I am flying in business so I assume there are elite lines for check in. Are there shorter lines for verify check in?
You can definitely show up with all your documents, but I find verify to be make it a lot faster to get it done in advance. It's also useful as a checklist to ensure everything is good.

With regards to the segments, LAX-JFK is not necessary as it's a domestic flight. You're only focused on the ones that require document check.
corky likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Antarius
You can definitely show up with all your documents, but I find verify to be make it a lot faster to get it done in advance. It's also useful as a checklist to ensure everything is good.

With regards to the segments, LAX-JFK is not necessary as it's a domestic flight. You're only focused on the ones that require document check.
thanks
I assumed that they were going to check all of my docs at lax and check me in all the way to LHR.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
thanks
I assumed that they were going to check all of my docs at lax and check me in all the way to LHR.
Yes.

I flew IAH-MIA-LHR and doc check (verifly verification) was in IAH. However, I had only entered my flight details in the app from MIA-LHR.
corky likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Not sure how to use verifly for this situation

dfw-ams-lhr. Do I create two different trips in verifly? One to the UK and one to the Netherlands?
Old Sep 3, 2021, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
Not sure how to use verifly for this situation

dfw-ams-lhr. Do I create two different trips in verifly? One to the UK and one to the Netherlands?
I don’t think Verifly has Netherlands. But you can add Ams-LHR leg to Verifly. Will save you some time at the airport. I did fly DFW-LHR-AMS and did DFW-LHR in Verifly and LHR-AMS docs were checked manually
enviroian likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 6:02 pm
formerly DreAAmliner

Programs: AA EXP
Hi all,

BinaxNOW/Navica/VeriFly question...

First time using a BinaxNOW with VeriFly and i am getting an error when i upload the test resut, both in pdf and png form.
the error i get says it cant read all the sections of the results (Test Laboratory).

Has anyone had this issue? or any advice how to get VeriFly to read my Navica result?

EDIT: i more accurately described the laboratory in VeriFly and got it accepted. False alarm
Antarius likes this.

Last edited by ER-One; Sep 4, 2021 at 6:10 pm
Old Sep 6, 2021, 1:00 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
While in the Netherlands, I successfully got VeriFLY to give me the green check mark for the next day's flight and even the AA app read "COVID requirements verified with VeriFLY". But then the app asked if I've been to any of several countries/regions, of which "Europe" is listed, and when I selected "Yes" it showed "! Unable to check in; see agent at the airport".

So I wasn't able to get a mobile boarding pass but I will vouch that having the app made checking in a breeze - both in the line check and at the desk @AMS, they asked if I had the app and once they saw the green check mark I was through to security/passport control in five minutes! No printed documents were ever requested from me.

Only downside is that the app is causing an issue with my phone: every time I open and then close it, all my apps disappear from my home screen and my phone becomes inoperative! A restart brings everything back.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by heelntoe
BinaxNOW/Navica/VeriFly question… when i upload the test resut, both in pdf and png form. the error i get says it cant read all the sections of the results (Test Laboratory)…

EDIT: i more accurately described the laboratory in VeriFly and got it accepted. False alarm
VeriFly wouldn't accept my eMed BinaxNOW / Navica lab results pdf either. Everything appeared to be correct on the form. Kept trying to re-submit until I hit the 4-hour pre-flight deadline. Had to use paper printouts instead, which of course worked just fine.

What changes did you make to get VeriFly to accept your test results, and how many times did you resubmit?
Old Sep 7, 2021, 6:38 pm
formerly DreAAmliner

Originally Posted by ExpatExp
VeriFly wouldn't accept my eMed BinaxNOW / Navica lab results pdf either. Everything appeared to be correct on the form. Kept trying to re-submit until I hit the 4-hour pre-flight deadline. Had to use paper printouts instead, which of course worked just fine.

What changes did you make to get VeriFly to accept your test results, and how many times did you resubmit?
I used exactly the response in the NAVICA test result “test performed by” to satisfy the “performed by” question in VeriFLY.

Now that is done I can’t go back into VeriFLY to see the exact question wording, but it was something like “ordering physician” or “ordering lab”

the answer was exactly “Trained Proctor (eMed)”

that got me to my green check mark.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by heelntoe
I used exactly the response in the NAVICA test result “test performed by” to satisfy the “performed by” question in VeriFLY. Now that is done I can’t go back into VeriFLY to see the exact question wording, but it was something like “ordering physician” or “ordering lab”… the answer was exactly “Trained Proctor (eMed)”… that got me to my green check mark.
Ah, very helpful. Thank you. I entered the name of the doctor from the bottom of the Lab Report form. I will try "Trained Proctor (eMed)" next time. Also, which document did you upload? The Lab Report pdf you received by email, or the test result from the NAVICA app?
Old Sep 8, 2021, 7:23 am
formerly DreAAmliner

Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Ah, very helpful. Thank you. I entered the name of the doctor from the bottom of the Lab Report form. I will try "Trained Proctor (eMed)" next time. Also, which document did you upload? The Lab Report pdf you received by email, or the test result from the NAVICA app?
test result from NAVICA app. Saved as photo on my phone, and it uploaded it as a .png
ExpatExp likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by fender5787
Does anyone know if it’s possible to share the tests in the 6 pack. Like if I buy the 6 pack, but give 4 to my friends, would they be allowed to use them? I just ask, because if one goes to the website, it says “no sharing tests.” But I’m not sure if that means individual tests or the whole 6 pack. Either way, total money grab from Abbott.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 9:41 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Used Verifly for trip home last weekend (CDG-JFK) and it worked well. Had everything set up in advance and when i received my test result, I manually entered (took a photo of the print-out). Middle of the day in Paris and it took a couple hours for the app to notify me of everything being approved. Went in, signed the the attestation and was ready to go. At the airport, flashed the green check mark and got a stamp on the back of my passport. Probably was easier than having to show all the documents at the airport.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 10:28 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
London Heathrow T3 Data Point - September 2021

If you have traveled through any of the listed places such that you would answer yes to the question about international travel history, you won't be able to check in online, even if you are VeriFLY verified. Furthermore, at least at LHR, ticketing agents will not print a boarding pass until the calendar day of your flight. All of the self-service kiosks are closed as well. Allow for extra time as I was waiting to see a ticketing agent and did not see a any other passenger using VeriFLY.

I imagine this question will go away as the travel bans lift, so perhaps it won't be an issue within a few months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.