Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Dasani Lime Sparkling Water Replaced with AHA Watermelon + Lime

Old Jan 31, 2021, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Apparently Dasani Sparkling water has been replaced with AHA Watermelon + Lime sparkling water (both Coke products). Meh, flavor is a lot sweeter and probably not as good. The flight attendant said they got an email this is a permanent change and apparently they’re getting rid of Dasani products. Not sure about getting rid of Dasani products unless Coke is making a shift.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Cool. Aha is my wife's preferred canned sparkling water, and that happens to be her favorite flavor.
Spanish likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 3:36 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Bubbly with mango is pretty good too bad they can’t do that.
fotographer likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 11:14 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Does this mean that it will be removed in the AC lounges with the Coke Freestyle machines?
Old Jan 31, 2021, 11:24 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Coke is no longer producing dasani sparkling water in cans. Aha is it's replacement product.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 12:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Lehava
Coke is no longer producing dasani sparkling water in cans. Aha is it's replacement product.
Correct. Coke owns Aha too.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 11:09 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
I guess you could ask for a can of club soda and a lime and get a reasonable facsimile of your Desani
Old Feb 1, 2021, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I'm glad the Dasani is being 86'd. I had one sip of it and it was awful.

I wish they would bring diet sierra mist back. Sprite zero isn't a replacement.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 11:21 am

While I get it in theory, I can't believe there isn't a pure lime sparkling water they could have replaced the Dasani with. Who would consider replacing Lime with Watermelon & Lime to be a direct swap? Flavor choices aside, I would expect straight lime to be a more commonly requested flavor than watermelon & lime combo.
jmrp likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 11:29 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
How good is it mixed with the Tito's though? My go-to has been Tito's + Dasani Lime Sparkling
wrp96, joeyE, jmrp and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by JMorgana
While I get it in theory, I can't believe there isn't a pure lime sparkling water they could have replaced the Dasani with. Who would consider replacing Lime with Watermelon & Lime to be a direct swap? Flavor choices aside, I would expect straight lime to be a more commonly requested flavor than watermelon & lime combo.
IME, the watermelon/lime flavor appears to be pretty popular among the millennial crowd. And yeah, just pop a lime wedge or two into a club soda for straight lime flavor. Someone at AA is trying to be hip, with offerings like Truly hard seltzer and now the Aha. Maybe in the future we'll also see cold brew coffee or energy drinks (I used to rely on VX's rockstar recovery lemonade back in the day...).
Old Feb 1, 2021, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Ah Dasani the product where they and Pepsi alledgedly got the idea for from a 1992 BBC Sitcom!
Old Feb 1, 2021, 12:23 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Apparently there is an Apple and Ginger flavor that sounds good. I'd prefer a bottle to cans though, I hat that metallic taste from the aluminum!
Old Feb 1, 2021, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by donotblink
Apparently there is an Apple and Ginger flavor that sounds good. I'd prefer a bottle to cans though, I hat that metallic taste from the aluminum!
It's not bad -- strawberry/cucumber and citrus/green tea are also good. Whatever you do, avoid the "black cherry + coffee" flavor. Maybe some folks like that kinda thing but to me it tasted as bad as it sounds. (It, along with the citrus/green tea one, is juiced with a little caffeine, but only 30mg, which is what's in 1.5 ounces of Starbucks drip coffee.)
Old Feb 1, 2021, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by enviroian
I wish they would bring diet sierra mist back. Sprite zero isn't a replacement.
This. So versatile. Refreshing by itself, and of course works well with Tito's. And surprisingly good with Jack, CC, and Woodford (if you're a heathen!).
LovePrunes likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.