American Daily Deals (1/4/2021) Photo?

Old Jan 4, 21, 3:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

American Daily Deals (1/4/2021) Photo?

Anyone know where the photo was taken of todays' "American Daily Deals" (with two hikers viewing several volcano cones)?

Last edited by Dieuwer; Jan 4, 21 at 3:46 pm
Old Jan 4, 21, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Glob-Lite, MLife Gold, Caesar's Diamond+, Delta and Southwest basic this year...
No clue, but save it, crop out any text if you can, and then upload to tineye.com or google photos (if you're scared of a website you haven't heard of, but I assure you Tineye is great) and MAYBE it'll know
Old Jan 4, 21, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I don't know the answer, but my guess would be Chile.
Old Jan 4, 21, 4:13 pm

Thinking Cleveland.
Old Jan 4, 21, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by pmblinn View Post
Thinking Cleveland.
Could be as some sort of seismic event must have taken place for the Brown's to make the playoffs. ;-)
pmblinn, jcatman, SeaHawg and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 4, 21, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Glob-Lite, MLife Gold, Caesar's Diamond+, Delta and Southwest basic this year...
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali View Post
No clue, but save it, crop out any text if you can, and then upload to tineye.com or google photos (if you're scared of a website you haven't heard of, but I assure you Tineye is great) and MAYBE it'll know
Since the thread grew, I took the time.

Mt Bromo, East Java, Indonesia is the location, according to the Getty Images photographer who took it.

Aka, location is NOT part of the promotion, lol

https://www.gettyimages.com.mx/search/stack/797057942
Sorry the link is from Mexico, I am in PV right now and didn't bother to find the English version
Old Jan 4, 21, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
[QUOTE=Carolina2Cali;32938346]Since the thread grew, I took the time.

Mt Bromo, East Java, Indonesia is the location, according to the Getty Images photographer who took it.

Sorry the link is from Mexico, I am in PV right now and didn't bother to find the English version[/QUO

I wish I was in PV right now
Old Jan 5, 21, 8:03 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Since the thread grew, I took the time.

Sorry the link is from Mexico, I am in PV right now and didn't bother to find the English version
Thanks for your help!
How were you able to find the location?
Old Jan 5, 21, 10:22 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Moderator note:

This thread is to discuss the location where the photo was taken.
To discuss the promotion itself, please follow the main thread: Daily Deals starting 4 Jan 2021: Two amazing weeks

Thanks. /Moderator
Old Jan 5, 21, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Dieuwer View Post
Thanks for your help!
How were you able to find the location?
Exactly as suggested, took the photo, cropped out the text parts, uploaded to Tineye and Google images, Google images pulled up a Hong Kong Women's Vogue or Health Mag or similar (I forgot) with a clearer, bigger shot of the same image, took that back to TinEye and Google images, and it pulled up the result for Reuters where they sell licenses to use the photo, and the photographer listed the location
FlyingEgghead likes this.
Old Jan 5, 21, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I'm of the opinion that if they're going to use a photo of some location, then legally that location should be included in some part of the promotion, otherwise that's pretty much false advertising.
Old Jan 5, 21, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320 View Post
I'm of the opinion that if they're going to use a photo of some location, then legally that location should be included in some part of the promotion, otherwise that's pretty much false advertising.
Majored in advertising, not a lawyer, but I think since the title said 1 WEEK OF DEALS versus TODAY'S DEAL, it's legal... though not ideal. Perhaps tomorrow all flights will be 10 percent off on Wednesdays and then technically it'll be accurate. But indeed, I do concur.
Old Jan 5, 21, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Majored in advertising, not a lawyer, but I think since the title said 1 WEEK OF DEALS versus TODAY'S DEAL, it's legal... though not ideal. Perhaps tomorrow all flights will be 10 percent off on Wednesdays and then technically it'll be accurate. But indeed, I do concur.
The thing is, AA doesn’t even fly to Indonesia, so unless oneworld partner flights are included, even in this example it would be impossible.
Old Jan 5, 21, 10:50 pm

The thing is, AA doesn’t even fly to Indonesia, so unless oneworld partner flights are included, even in this example it would be impossible.
Oh, good point.
Old Jan 6, 21, 12:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, Former UA 1K
JL does however fly to CGK and is a JV partner. CGK, it's still a ways from there but the same island, so in theory you could at least get in-country and find your way to the photo location from there.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: