Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE 2021 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE 2021 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2021, 10:19 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium

Introduction

Welcome to the 2021 version of the combined AA meals thread, focusing on international. To help give us a clear picture of your experience, remember to include routes, times, meal designation (breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack/refreshments/none), and if you want, seat number. Photos are welcome and very helpful. Those are guidelines, but of course, the format/style is all yours. Of course, discussion of improvements and/or cutbacks, questions, and thoughts are also welcome.

Format Sample
This is a format you can use when introducing your meal report. This is just a sample format; deviations are expected and are okay. If you want to see other examples of past formats, check out historical Int'l meal threads - or just post the same way you've always done.

AA2: JFK-LHR: 7pm
Dinner
777 (3-class)
Business Class

(from here, share the menu, experiences and/or photos)

Historical Meal Reports
In the mood to enjoy a throwback? Enjoy reading international meal threads from years past!For the 2021 Domestic Meals thread, click here.

(h/t to MrAndy1369 for the format of this first post.)
Old Feb 1, 2021, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
AA963 DFW-GRU
Business Class
Jan 2021

Good service in-flight after 3.5hr delay and aircraft change for multiple maintenance issues on both the original and new B789. Pre-ordered the artichoke ravioli - not bad (same entree as currently on the domestic Flagship transcon service). With our delayed departure, meals were out 20 mins after takeoff, allowing for extra sleep time. Breakfast served less than an hour before landing. Really couldn't ask for better in-flight service given the current circumstances.

-FlyerBeek

cesco.g, enviroian, zeer0 and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
AA906 GRU-MIA
First Class
Feb 2021

Terrible ground service in GRU. All revenue F passengers were downgraded to J due to a supposed equipment swap two hours before departure, and then an hour later only nonrevs were cleared into F. No effort made by GRU ground staff to reaccomodate downgraded F passengers - some of whom remained in J - prior to clearing F nonrevs! Once onboard the F service was fantastic with an exceptional FA crew. GRU catering continues to be very good - my steak was perfectly medium-rare and quite tender. Meal options were same as J, but very happy to see the Flagship F wine list has been retained. The Piilipponnat Cuvee 1522 (2007 vintage) and the Blackbird Arise Napa Cab/Merlot red blend were incredible - both easily capable of holding their own on any airline's international F wine list.

-FlyerBeek

cesco.g and madmanshoney like this.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
AA906 GRU-MIA
First Class
Feb 2021

I see nothing but the finest AA glassware in International First.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
I see nothing but the finest AA glassware in International First.
I would have really like to taste this in proper stemware, because even in a plastic cup it was exquisite.

-FlyerBeek
SFO777 likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
The Piilipponnat Cuvee 1522 (2007 vintage)
Wow -- I don't think I've ever seen vintage Champagne on AA. Very nice!
Old Feb 5, 2021, 5:23 am

[off-topic content removed by moderator]

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Wow -- I don't think I've ever seen vintage Champagne on AA. Very nice!
AA used to have some excellent vintage Champagnes. Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque and Pommery Cuvée Louise were perennial features of AA's F wine list for many years. More recently (although technically multi-vintage, like Krug), AA has even served the excellent Laurent Perrier Grand Siecle (which I've also had in BA and LH F). Glad to see the Flagship F wine list still exists for now.

-FlyerBeek

Last edited by JY1024; Feb 6, 2021 at 3:06 pm Reason: [off-topic content removed by moderator]
Old Feb 5, 2021, 8:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
AA used to have some excellent vintage Champagnes. Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque and Pommery Cuvée Louise were perennial features of AA's F wine list for many years. More recently (although technically multi-vintage, like Krug), AA has even served the excellent Laurent Perrier Grand Siecle (which I've also had in BA and LH F). Glad to see the Flagship F wine list still exists for now.

-FlyerBeek
Yeah, I've had LPGS on AA (and BA) but Belle Epoque must have been before my time... or before I graduated from J to F. Cool.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 3:09 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Off-topic posts (e.g., non-revs, Brazil travel restrictions, AA executives, flight re-accommodation, etc.) have been removed. Please keep this thread focused on AA International Meals. Thank you. /Moderator
Old Feb 26, 2021, 8:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
As BA has cut the first in April from Miami they offer the AA first now.
Does AA have full meal service again in there international first? I'm sure flagship first dining will remain closed.?
What's yalls opinion.. Or downgrade to Club suite?
Old Feb 26, 2021, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
As BA has cut the first in April from Miami they offer the AA first now.
Does AA have full meal service again in there international first? I'm sure flagship first dining will remain closed.?
What's yalls opinion.. Or downgrade to Club suite?
AA F beats BA J, no question. Full meal service on board. Nothing on the ground other than regular Admirals Club access with no premium drink vouchers anymore.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Hi I was trying to get info on AA J meal service for Lax to Hnd. I tried looking all through the 2019 and 2020 threads and I couldnt find anything. Possibly I missed it. I'm looking at the 12:45am departure out of LAX which AA #169. I believe this used to be a morning departure to NRT but now is late night to HND. Is meal service compromised due to the late departure or because it is ultra long haul flight will it be normal? Or is indeed the main/bigger/more options meal the 2nd meal? Was hoping despite the late hour of leaving that the first meal will still be the normal coursed out longer meal and then would have assumed just breakfast pre arrival since it lands at 5am. However, when looking at details for the flight it says "Lunch/Dinner" Just confused on that since 1245am isnt lunch time and 5am arriving isnt anywhere close to dinner. Appreciate any info on this flight. I know when looking at CX flights AA.com the meal orders are reversed as it always says "breakfast/dinner" but didnt think AA was showing meals in that format.

I also can go on the 10am but enjoy flying with it being night out not chasing sun for 12 hours not to mention I dont mind the 5am arrival and getting a great jump on the day. This is for early 2022 so hoping by then its back to normal meal service but just trying to figure out what normal meal service is for this 1245am departure..

Thanks
Old Mar 21, 2021, 11:43 pm

JFK-GEO meal service?

Anyone know what the onboard meal/beverage service is like in Business for JFK-GEO?
First time flying the route and trying to plan ahead.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 2:47 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Don't know for sure, but my GUESS would be a fruit/cheese plate or the turkey sandwich. They aren't doing tray meal service on short-haul international AFAIK, even though it is a bit of a stretch to call this flight "short-haul." Hope you'll be pleasantly surprised with more, and please report back!
Old Mar 22, 2021, 5:17 am

My guess is that JFK-GEO-JFK will get a hot meal. It's a 2500+ mile international flight and is currently coded for breakfast going down and lunch on the return (unlike MIA-GEO which is coded for Refreshments - i.e. sandwich or cheese tray). MIA-LIM and DFW-BOG are comparable flight lengths that are currently catered with a full meal in J. I don't see why JFK-GEO should be any different.

-FlyerBeek
platbrownguy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.