Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2021, 12:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Presguy

4/15
MIA-LAX #0314, in F

Afraid I didn't get a good picture of the meal, but I chose the short rib. As reported by others, it was very good. The white cheddar grits were excellent - some of the best grits I've had. The beer sauce was strong - I enjoyed the flavor, but it's probably best it was served on the side.

My burrata was served with a couple of grilled slices of eggplant, and was quite good. Dessert was chocolate tart, which was fine, but nothing special.

Only downside was the roll, which I think was sourced from either the building materials or sporting goods aisle, and not the grocery section.
Same menu on JFK-SFO in J. Had the Beef Short Rib. Came with the cheesecake tart, as advertised.

Agree with comments above and by others...easily the best in-flight meal that I've had during Covid-era.
Presguy likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
JFK-LAX for 5/17 8am AA1 Breakfast in Flagship F. Here are the pre-order options:

Last edited by GlobalMatt; Apr 22, 2021 at 6:17 pm
Old Apr 22, 2021, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Here's this Saturday's menu JFK-LAX in F (AA28, 6 p.m.). Fairly uninspired menu, but it's interesting to see "filet" back on instead of short rib. Same menu as in J.

GlobalMatt likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Here's this Saturday's menu JFK-LAX in F (AA28, 6 p.m.). Fairly uninspired menu, but it's interesting to see "filet" back on instead of short rib. Same menu as in J.

The Beef Filet also showed up on my pre-order menu for JFK-SFO J, but the on-board menu had the Short Rib.
GlobalMatt likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
Has anyone had the rotolo pasta yet? Is it any good?
Old Apr 22, 2021, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Got a few questions hoping someone can answer. In June the family and I are flying PHX-HNL and back in F on the 777.

1. Can we expect meal service?
2. If so, are you able to preorder and kids meals for children?
3. If so, what does this usually consist of?

thanks!
Old Apr 22, 2021, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
Got a few questions hoping someone can answer. In June the family and I are flying PHX-HNL and back in F on the 777.

1. Can we expect meal service?
2. If so, are you able to preorder and kids meals for children?
3. If so, what does this usually consist of?

thanks!
1. Yes, the "fresh bites" box... i.e., a cold sandwich with small side salads, or similar (search "fresh bites") -- for Hawaii, west coast & PHX are no different from other domestic flights... only Hawaii to DFW/CLT/ORD get the full hot meal service.
2. No
3. See #2
Old Apr 23, 2021, 9:11 am

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
772 in J
HNL-CLT in mid-May
Dinner Menu Pre-Order options
Really leaves a lot to be desired, although also happy to see the filet is back

Old Apr 23, 2021, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by econ
The Beef Filet also showed up on my pre-order menu for JFK-SFO J, but the on-board menu had the Short Rib.
Personally, I prefer the AA short rib over the filet. Seems to withstand inflight reheating better (less chance of being way overcooked). When a filet is reheated properly inflight (to medium-rare/medium) it's fantastic, but in my experience 75% of the time it comes out beyond well done on AA. Amazing how foreign carriers don't seem to have the same issue in properly reheating a steak, but I digress. YMMV.

-FlyerBeek
Old Apr 23, 2021, 10:09 am

Programs: American Airlines, Hilton
Originally Posted by GlobalMatt
772 in J
HNL-CLT in mid-May
Dinner Menu Pre-Order options
Really leaves a lot to be desired, although also happy to see the filet is back

This is funny...one would think the catering ex HNL would be the same for all dinner departures. The Menu for my mid May flight:
Honolulu-Dallas
Braised Beef Short Ribs with Wasabi Mashed Potatoes, Baby Bock Choi, Baby Carrots (braised Short Ribs are as well on the DFW-HNL flight)
Teriyaki Salmon with Shanghai Egg Noodles, Sauteed Vegetables and Teriyaki Sauce
Vegetarian Lasagna with Grilled Zucchini, Mushrooms, Pomodoro Sauce
Old Apr 23, 2021, 10:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BavarianFlyer
This is funny...one would think the catering ex HNL would be the same for all dinner departures. The Menu for my mid May flight:
Honolulu-Dallas
Braised Beef Short Ribs with Wasabi Mashed Potatoes, Baby Bock Choi, Baby Carrots (braised Short Ribs are as well on the DFW-HNL flight)
Teriyaki Salmon with Shanghai Egg Noodles, Sauteed Vegetables and Teriyaki Sauce
Vegetarian Lasagna with Grilled Zucchini, Mushrooms, Pomodoro Sauce
Hah, I'm also on HNL-DFW in mid-May and see the other menu (Beef Filet/Sea Bass/Ravioli). Looking online, it seems the menu changes beginning May 12.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 10:57 am

Programs: American Airlines, Hilton
Originally Posted by aacar
Hah, I'm also on HNL-DFW in mid-May and see the other menu (Beef Filet/Sea Bass/Ravioli). Looking online, it seems the menu changes beginning May 12.
Flying May 11th...getting only the sloppy rests then...lol
Old Apr 23, 2021, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
So questions, so is the pre order dining only in actually first class?? We are in business on friday and coming back monday (next week) and don't see pre order options? this is on MIA-LAX-MIA. 772 and 773
Old Apr 23, 2021, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by miadukes
So questions, so is the pre order dining only in actually first class?? We are in business on friday and coming back monday (next week) and don't see pre order options? this is on MIA-LAX-MIA. 772 and 773
AFAIK, pre-order is still not being offered on MIA-LAX in either J or F (despite it being the exact same menu as JFK-LAX/SFO which does offer pre-order). Since the F and J entrées are identical, it shouldn't be an issue if sitting in 77W F (you will get your first choice). If in 772 F or 77W J, recommend selecting seat assignment based on direction of flight if getting your first choice is important. MIA-LAX should take orders back-to-front and LAX-MIA should be front-to-back.

-FlyerBeek
Old Apr 23, 2021, 6:38 pm

Beef short rib seems the safest? Tempted to try the James Beard Inspired Chicken? I am guessing plastic cups still in transcon business? the AA website made it sound like that , but they were not clear if theres any exceptions

SFO-JFK "Lunch"

SFO-JFK business class Lunch Flight late April

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.