Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Mar 21, 2021, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by dvdsl
Any recommendations for transcon business in April?

I have had the chicken from that menu and it was tasty though a bit on the small side.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by work2fly
Smoked salmon, poached shrimp, and ranch dressing

Louis, a vinaigrette, green goddess, maybe even old school "French" in a pinch, but ranch?
Marie Rose as well.

I had the same utterly visceral reaction when I first saw this.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by VibeGuy
Marie Rose as well.

I had the same utterly visceral reaction when I first saw this.
I thought Ranch goes good with everything?
Old Mar 23, 2021, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
AA2471 MIA-LAX
Business Class
March 2021

cesco.g and DC9 like this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 1:59 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Better than expected offering there on the cabernet.
FlyerBeek likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 4:23 pm

Can’t object to either of the whites or the bubbles, either - the Champagne is a WS91 and that Chardonnay is one of the best unoakeds out of California - Anderson Valley is one of my favorite AVAs in the entire state.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Agree. I was pleasantly surprised. I wonder if AA is working through its international wine holdings for these domestic flights. Flagship transcon J (with one short exception a few years ago) hasn't regularly featured Champagne in two decades and the Whitehall Lane Cabernet was a definite step-up compared to the usual options on the premium transcon routes.

-FlyerBeek
af fp likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 7:10 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone flown JFK-CUN in F recently and know what I can expect for food on this AM flight? Is it still only the turkey sandwich or yogurt/fruit that I was offered on a JFK-MIA flight last month?
And what about for the return CUN-JFK that departs at 2:30pm?

Thanks!
Old Mar 24, 2021, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by S.R
Has anyone flown JFK-CUN in F recently and know what I can expect for food on this AM flight? Is it still only the turkey sandwich or yogurt/fruit that I was offered on a JFK-MIA flight last month?
Yes. JFK-CUN-JFK is currently coded as refreshments in F. You'll get either the cold sandwich or yogurt/fruit tray going down in the morning and then either the cold sandwich or cheese tray on the afternoon return from CUN. Will be the exact same as what you were recently offered on JFK-MIA.

-FlyerBeek
Old Mar 24, 2021, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Will the 772 LAX to MIA be considered Flagship? I’ll be on the afternoon flight in September.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by IzzyL
Will the 772 LAX to MIA be considered Flagship? I’ll be on the afternoon flight in September.
Technically, no. But, as of now, it's the exact same meal menu whether you're in Flagship (77W) F, Flagship (77W) J, 772 F, or just A321 F on this route.

-FlyerBeek
IzzyL likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 10:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by IzzyL
September? Dude, do you know how much is going to change between now and then? Any info here now is meaningless.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 8:47 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
September? Dude, do you know how much is going to change between now and then? Any info here now is meaningless.

I'd ask Doc Brown. He'll know the answer.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
True but if operated by 77W then pretty much 100% safe to assume it will be treated as Flagship since even in the peak of Covid AA hasn't stopped doing so
cmd320 and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 4:19 am

Just to confirm: LGA-CLT two days ago in first: drinks on demand. CLT-SXM in “business”: sad turkey sandwich or cheese platter. Crappy.
(Side note, immigration in SXM took two hours, cooped with hundreds of people in a nasty corridor, a covid nightmare, even if everyone is supposed to have been tested).

And to add further, same drab food on the way back, via MIA. We get the privilege of lounge access too, just to find out that that even a Stella is for sale, $7, and so is some pretty dodgy food.

Priority luggage never came first and delivery to the belt in LGA took over an hour.

Enforcement of mask wearing on board was a joke.

Once again we know why we fly AA: the price.

Last edited by af fp; Apr 1, 2021 at 10:11 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.