Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2021, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by keyw

MIA-DTW a319
Whatever this is lol. Slightly better than the sandwiches but why are they calling grains with cinnamon apples and dried fruit dinner.
AA should be embarrassed. What a pathetic excuse for a meal. And not even real silverware? Pathetic.
AeRoSpaceman, wrp96 and cmd320 like this.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)

MIA-DTW a319
Whatever this is lol. Slightly better than the sandwiches but why are they calling grains with cinnamon apples and dried fruit dinner.
Interesting that it was plated. I had the same entree on PBI - PHL served in a plastic container but with real silverware. FA called it wheat berry salad. Odd mix but better than the current sandwiches. (Wheat berries with pimentos?, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, cinnamon apples, and goat cheese plus ranch dressing LOL)
Old Dec 10, 2021, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
MIA-DTW a319
Looks like Hog food to me. But I wouldn't even serve it to them either. Straight into the compost for the worms. Someone above mentioned it is served with ranch dressing and pimento also?? Disgusting.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United 1K, Delta Platinum ,Hilton Diamond, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
Looks like Hog food to me. But I wouldn't even serve it to them either. Straight into the compost for the worms. Someone above mentioned it is served with ranch dressing and pimento also?? Disgusting.
i think pimentos, dried cranberries and gold raisins as well as the seeds and goat cheese. So weird. Ranch dressing i assume is for the side salad.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Just wondering the sundaes are still done from the cart and made to order as far as what toppings you want or don’t want yes ?
Originally Posted by jcatman
Just prior to Covid, sundaes done in the galley and brought to your seat with the toppings you requested
Sundae that I got on DFW-HNL a few weeks ago was made to order as far as toppings. Not sure if those were added in the galley or from a cart that was out of my view.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 12:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
My goodness that looks terrible. Is this really the catering with a "premium feel but is different and more modern" that the AA Inflight SVP was touting a few months ago as AA's new post-COVID catering vision. Geez, bring back the chicken fingers and pan pizzas they used to serve in F years ago - at least that stuff was edible.

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 11, 2021, 8:40 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, 1MM, Bonsai Plat-Pro, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
My goodness that looks terrible. Is this really the catering with a "premium feel but is different and more modern" that the AA Inflight SVP was touting a few months ago as AA's new post-COVID catering vision. Geez, bring back the chicken fingers and pan pizzas they used to serve in F years ago - at least that stuff was edible.

-FlyerBeek
I think all future AA board meetings should be catered with the same Craap they are serving on their non flagship Aircraft!
"Mr. Parker, would you like the Gourmet Cold turkey sandwich on an artisan pretzel roll? or the Wheatberry Salad with assorted fruits, nut and seeds?" "what's that?" "Yes sir, you do smell Hot food being cooked, That's for the Secretarial staff who are running things!" RT
corky, aj411, jcatman and 13 others like this.

Last edited by roadtriper; Dec 11, 2021 at 8:55 am
Old Dec 11, 2021, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Geez, bring back the chicken fingers and pan pizzas they used to serve in F years ago - at least that stuff was edible.
Ah, yes, I do remember those personal pizzas, especially coming back to the west coast from Hawaii on the 757 redeyes in F (those were pretty bad also -- so much crust lol).

Somehow I don't recall the chicken fingers!
Old Dec 11, 2021, 5:17 pm
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
AA1319 IAD-AUS on 9 December:

I’m confused how this route hasn’t been axed…there couldn't have been more than 50 people in the back and there was no one on the F waitlist at boarding time.

Anyways, I was one of two people in the F cabin who elected to eat. The tomato-mozzarella sandwich isn’t horrible, although the potato salad (oddly served on top of arugula) looks like a junior high school science experiment gone wrong. Friendly crew and upon hitting 10K, the F FA greeted everyone by name and asked how to correctly pronounce their last name. Refills were offered periodically.

I don’t remember if I have said this before, but the IAD ground staff are probably the nicest I have encountered throughout the entire system.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by CLT
AA1319 IAD-AUS on 9 December…
I don’t remember if I have said this before, but the IAD ground staff are probably the nicest I have encountered throughout the entire system.
I didn’t even realize this route was still running. Yes, AA’s agents in IAD are uniformly excellent. Also, at least back when real catering was being offered, I always found both IAD and DCA’s catering to be better than the rest of the AA domestic system.

-FlyerBeek
CLT likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), HHonors Diamond
Ogg-dfw 12/9

Well this was an interesting flight to start. Aircraft downgraded from a 789 to 788 (10 less F class seats). AA tried to call me and buy me out of my F class seat but I declined. No PDB offered, but then again the crew only showed up 25 mins before the flight. The FA on my side of the aisle was excellent and apologized over and over about the horrible catering out of OGG.

Menu for today’s flight. I pre-ordered short rib.

This is where AA is so inconsistent. No amenity kit offered on the way to OGG.

Vodka tonic offered with pre packaged almonds. On the way over it was the proper nuts in a ramekin.

The meal was served all on one tray unlike the way out where it was served with the starter and salad on the first tray, followed by a meal.

Well I would have ordered the sundae which was on the menu but was informed they didn’t load sundaes onto the flight. I could understand if you don’t want to offer sundaes on the return but don’t print it on the menu. FA said to me she hasn’t seen any sundaes on her Hawaii-DFW flights in the past month.

Pre-arrival “continental breakfast.”
Old Dec 12, 2021, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
They look like they are some sort of worms or grubs.
AeRoSpaceman and keyw like this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 10:23 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jcatman
Honestly, if it's too dangerous to turn on the aircraft ovens and serve a hot breakfast, I'd rather have raisin bran and a banana.
Thursday CLT-PHX, ovens in full use to heat up the FA's lunches-kind of hard to miss both the smell of their lunches wafting thru the cabin and the sight of the FA marching down the aisle as she took them to the back wearing oven mitts to protect her hands from the heat.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by txrus
Thursday CLT-PHX, ovens in full use to heat up the FA's lunches-kind of hard to miss both the smell of their lunches wafting thru the cabin and the sight of the FA marching down the aisle as she took them to the back wearing oven mitts to protect her hands from the heat.
That's just utterly insulting.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by enviroian
That's just utterly insulting.
Flew CLT-AUS on Friday, and back AUS-CLT yesterday (Saturday)... same options both ways, tomato/mozzarella sandwich or steak/dog food salad. I picked at the mozzarella and the side of greens. Meanwhile, the pilots got short rib with green beans, a full cheese plate, and a nice bowl of berries (with more than 1 strawberry on each). On both flights. (On AUS-CLT, the FA called the deck and the captain must have asked whether it was slop, the FA responded, "oh no, not that, it's short rib and blah blah blah"...). Ugh

AUS-CLT also seemed less than half full, even in F, with no one waitlisted
CLT likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.