Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Dec 5, 2021, 7:40 pm

Pre flight beverage

I am currently sitting on. Flt 1152 MIA/LAX. We were just offered OJ or champagne. That's different from a week ago.
we're also 45 minutes late because the MIA catering people messed up, and had to re-do.
I don't think that's new 🤔
Old Dec 5, 2021, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by _kurt
I see at least six pistachios in the ramekin which is impressive but what in the world is that rectangular yellow thing next to the chicken? Tofu? Some kind of tapioca product? Kitchen sponge?
they said it was polenta...
Old Dec 5, 2021, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Daveholman
it said Refreshments until about 10 days prior, then changed to dinner.
I
Ugggh well I am a few days short of 10 days so on that rule I am not worried but tomorrows red eye shows Refreshments still. So that makes me wonder if red eye is back to not having a full meal and sundaes. Over Covid I had 4 red eyes to Mia with full dinner on all, granted hard as a rock roll, no salad, no sundae.

Boston & JFK are both showing Dinner. Just would like to know, it matters greatly to me.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, AS
I was on the LAX-DFW flight 04-Dec, and sadly the cheese bomb was a major improvement from my first leg, 5+ hours LIH-LAX. They “forgot” to stock more than 4 sandwiches, so it was a tray of hummus and the horribly bland potato salad. Had to beg for a second drink, too.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 12:51 am

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
Is there any difference in quality of booze between transcon J and F? I'm trying to get back to old habits and it'd be nice to start weekend with a glass of champagne :-) Unless of course omicron ruins everything!
Old Dec 8, 2021, 8:54 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Kawliga
I was on the LAX-DFW flight 04-Dec, and sadly the cheese bomb was a major improvement from my first leg, 5+ hours LIH-LAX. They “forgot” to stock more than 4 sandwiches, so it was a tray of hummus and the horribly bland potato salad. Had to beg for a second drink, too.
That is beyond unacceptable. You should contact them and at least get some miles in compensation.
enviroian, cmd320 and Kawliga like this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Jean-Baptiste Legrand
That is beyond unacceptable. You should contact them and at least get some miles in compensation.
I sent them a message this week and am waiting on a response. Ironically, the woman in front of us was sleeping on the center console, so using the drink tray was impossible with a foot of her hair dangling down into it. Worst flight I’ve been on in a very long time.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by cheri58
Hi FT! I'm a long time lurker but first time poster.

Does anyone have any recent experience with CLT to HNL in PE (or coach since they are treated the same)? I am flying this route this week. What exactly are "refreshments" for this flight? A bag of chips or a biscoff seems a bit skimpy for a 10 hour flight so I'm trying to determine what I need to bring on board for sustenance.
On DFW-KOA in October, my mom got a sandwich, chips + cookie in MCE. (I was in J so not sure of the exact offering, but she said it was better than the snack pack box from earlier in the year.) This was on the 772, and it was a pretty empty flight.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
DFW-BOS
Un-oasis'd A321S!
"Dinner"

Excellent attentive service from the FA throughout the flight that earned him an AApplause certificate.

Service began with drink of choice in real glassware (YAY!!!) and bagged almonds.

Meal choices tonight were either the turkey and cheese or the pimento cheese sandwich. I went with the pimento and it was okay. Sides were ok, too, but this sham of a meal service needs to stop. It is time to bring back hot meals, nuts, and real desserts again!

American Airlines "Dinner" DFW-BOS
enviroian likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
I'm sure I missed it somewhere, but has there been any definitive announcement regarding when regular hot meals are coming back to non-Flagship/transcon domestic AA F? United has been serving hot meals on some flights as short as ~800 miles since June.

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 9, 2021, 12:09 am

Programs: AA sPLAT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
I got the Pre Order prompt for LAX-BOS but then you cant see the meals and basically cant do anything so whats the point of the prompt?? Ridiculous we cant get Pre Order back accept on JFK. I'd like to have my first choice locked in but also its more than that.....I want to have the option to do a special meal and get the Indian Veg..

With Miami there is no prompt but Boston now a prompt but you cant choose. So lame.
Data point: Pre-order works now for BOS-LAX R/T. Special meals can be ordered by scrolling down. Mine is for 12/23 - 1/1,,
Old Dec 9, 2021, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I'm sure I missed it somewhere, but has there been any definitive announcement regarding when regular hot meals are coming back to non-Flagship/transcon domestic AA F? United has been serving hot meals on some flights as short as ~800 miles since June.

-FlyerBeek
Nothing. Every PM I sent to AA on twitter comes the typical canned corporate response as we are looking at things, covid, safety, yadda yadda yadda.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 8:45 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by enviroian
Nothing. Every PM I sent to AA on twitter comes the typical canned corporate response as we are looking at things, covid, safety, yadda yadda yadda.
What would you expect them to say??? I doubt complaints filed via Twitter even get recorded and forwarded to the appropriate managers. If you're going to complain and have it at least counted, e-mail Customer Relations.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
What would you expect them to say??? I doubt complaints filed via Twitter even get recorded and forwarded to the appropriate managers. If you're going to complain and have it at least counted, e-mail Customer Relations.
People are going to choose customer service channels on the path of least resistance. That being said more people probably will tweet a PM at AA than find the email address for customer relations.

No I don't expect them to say anything. I want AA to know their shortcomings and *hope* messages like mine and others are reviewed internally.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 9:20 am

Programs: AA Gold.
12/9 aa2625 clt-sfo

The normal offering of buffalo mozzarella sandwich or the southwestern beef salad with corn, beans, quinoa. I noticed the one oven set and operating with the 18 minute timer and got all excited. Nope, it was for the crew. Incase I was prepared with some Tony Chachere seasoning packets to add some flavor to the potato salad at least.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.