Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Nov 27, 21, 7:49 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by enpremiere View Post
Obviously they were so intimidated when they saw your name on the passenger manifest that they couldn't bring themselves to leave the galley.
They have jump seats that look down the aircraft so we had to gaze on their bored faces the whole 32 minutes!
Old Nov 27, 21, 7:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Daveholman View Post
Just landed at MIA on Flt 340, red eye from LAX. Pleased to report both warm nuts in a ramekin, and sundae for dessert. Along with glasses. Almost like the good old days. At least on a transcon Flagship in J.

Wait... is that hot bread???

I flew this route about 3 weeks ago and got synthetic hard as a rock dry astronaut survival bread.
Carfield likes this.
Old Nov 27, 21, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by lotrbfme View Post
Wait... is that hot bread???

I flew this route about 3 weeks ago and got synthetic hard as a rock dry astronaut survival bread.
Indeed, the bread was warm enough to melt butter! Also the only thing not wrapped...and it was all on one tray.

Oh, wait...we started with the hot towel routine. I almost forgot.

Personally, I would rather have breakfast before landing than a 4 course meal at 1am. But up til a week ago, the flight was listed as "snack", so I'll take this.
ceebee100, cmd320 and lotrbfme like this.
Old Nov 27, 21, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A-List Pref & CP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Im so sick of the sandwiches. Ive been flying weekly since May and can only stomach the hummus, crackers, and brownies. Please bring back edible food on mid-cons!
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Nov 27, 21, 7:34 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Daveholman View Post
Just landed at MIA on Flt 340, red eye from LAX. Pleased to report both warm nuts in a ramekin, and sundae for dessert. Along with glasses. Almost like the good old days. At least on a transcon Flagship in J.

That chicken breast (I think??) looks like it has a neck on it with the open hole and all..
cmd320 likes this.
Old Nov 28, 21, 12:50 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman View Post
That chicken breast (I think??) looks like it has a neck on it with the open hole and all..
It's an airline chicken breast.
What Is Airline Chicken Breast?

Airline chicken breast consists of a bone-in or boneless skin-on chicken breast that has the drumette attached.

While you may not find it on a modern-day aircraft as you jet-set across the country, its origins are linked to air travel. "Originally, airline chicken breasts were served on airplanes because the meat could be consumed by simply holding onto the drumette and eating it that way," says Rockwell. However, some people believe that the breast can resemble an airplane and the drumette can look like the wing of a plane when it's served. You may also find this cut labeled as "Frenched Breast" or "Statler Chicken," says Rockwell.

So, are you wondering why you should cook airplane chicken breast rather than regular chicken breasts? "Someone should cook an airline over a regular chicken breast if they are looking for a new way to enjoy chicken. The skin gets crispy and delicious when cooked, and the drumette adds a new place to hold the chicken if you wanted to turn it into finger food," says Rockwell. Harris adds that a bone-in cut of airplane chicken breast will be more flavorful and stand out on the plate.

AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Nov 28, 21, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
It's an airline chicken breast.
AKA a pigeon who had it's feathers plucked and thrown into the oven.
AeRoSpaceman and cmd320 like this.
Old Nov 28, 21, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Bit confused/upset... thought meal service on Mid-Con was back. Today I was given the stupid turkey sandwich but whats worse is the FA said its Cheese and i even said Okay I'll take it as long as its not the disgusting turkey sandwich. She said that is for lunch not breakfast and this would be cream cheese. At any rate, it was freaking turkey.....And thats all they had. How is that breakfast? What a joke.
Old Nov 28, 21, 2:40 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by enviroian View Post
AKA a pigeon who had it's feathers plucked and thrown into the oven.
I love squab.
Old Nov 28, 21, 7:02 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000 View Post
Bit confused/upset... thought meal service on Mid-Con was back. Today I was given the stupid turkey sandwich but whats worse is the FA said its Cheese and i even said Okay I'll take it as long as its not the disgusting turkey sandwich. She said that is for lunch not breakfast and this would be cream cheese. At any rate, it was freaking turkey.....And thats all they had. How is that breakfast? What a joke.
But was the water hot in the first-class bathroom?
Old Nov 28, 21, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Silver/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Originally Posted by marlee1421 View Post
Have had 2 5 hour+ domestic flights since 11/10 and AA is still serving the same cold food for lunch and dinner in F. FAs said in early Nov that the ovens were tested and used for pilot hot meals and reported as did other sources that hot meals were returning 11/10 to domestic F. Also shows when booking lunch, dinner or breakfast instead of refreshments. Return of glasses does not even begin to be an adequate step forward. Does not appear we are going to see hot food and pre-orders any time soon.
Originally Posted by OneWorldSapphire View Post
Yesterdays LAX-DFW lunch. The other choice was the Turkey sandwich on pretzel roll. The FA described this option as the tomato, mozzarella and cheese sandwich. Mozzarella is cheese, so that was weird. The mozzarella was very wet, so the bread was super soggy. I concur with the consensus: the potato salad is not good (and I generally love potato salad). The side salad was a pile of Parmesan shavings, also not good. The crew were grumpy, bar one who was wearing a trainee lanyard and who did most of the work after the trays were initially dropped off.
Originally Posted by Cloudship View Post
JFK>MIA 11/20/21 Breakfast in J. Egg salad sandwich. Incredibly dry and flavorless. Don't ask me what the stuff in the corner was - whatever it was it was inedible.
Originally Posted by GNRMatt View Post
Just flew PHL-SAN on Thanksgiving...still no glassware and still the nasty turkey sandwich or a "nut" salad the FA called it.
Originally Posted by dmxwidget View Post
I was on ORD-PHX yesterday and had my Turkey sandwich on thanksgiving at leastthe brownie with caramel was tasty.
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000 View Post
So in other words, even though flights now show as Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner instead of "Refreshments" absolutely nothing has changed? Just a misleading relabeling?
Old Nov 28, 21, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA EP
That is my experience as well. Other than glassware, nothing else has changed. Not sure why the nomenclature was changed on the flight info.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Nov 29, 21, 6:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
With all these sandwiches I feel for the poor gluten free people. They can't even choose a gluten free meal pre-flight like in the old days.
Old Nov 29, 21, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman View Post
Old Nov 29, 21, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by la2clt View Post
That is my experience as well. Other than glassware, nothing else has changed. Not sure why the nomenclature was changed on the flight info.
I bet Parker is trying to use up the stockpile of turkey and veggie sandwiches before they have to bite the bullet and provide pre-covid meals in F and for that matter BOB in Y. Also they need to re-name MCE as only meaning extra legroom nothing else.
cmd320 likes this.

Search this Thread