Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2021, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by robertablake
We pre-ordered on our CLT-HND / HND-CLT flights.
I assume you meant HNL? Sorry, I forgot about CLT. LAX/PHX - Hawaii don't have pre-orders because they get the standard domestic "meal," not the premium meal that is offered on the "Flagship" business marketed flights.
TheBigVig likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 9:13 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by SKYEG
My DFW-BOG Dec 3 shows Dinner for the 4xxpm departure... while my red eye return still shows refreshments. Both 772 widebody lie flats.

Stop being so cheap AA it's a 6 hour flight. even if most are sleeping there should be at least an option of breakfast served prior to landing.
Sorry. You have no right to complain here. I’m doing BOG-DFW in May next year on a red eye and it’s a 737! I’d gladly starve and have a lie flat seat 😝 Some people have all the luck! 😋
SKYEG likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
I assume you meant HNL? Sorry, I forgot about CLT. LAX/PHX - Hawaii don't have pre-orders because they get the standard domestic "meal," not the premium meal that is offered on the "Flagship" business marketed flights.
Just did that flight and its an absolute joke that there is no catering. Pursor was cool and one FA especially awesome she came and gave me some Colombian crackers & bleu cheese spread she bought on layover. Nicest thing ever. I was so starving and expecting a full meal. Ate so many snacks and then went to town at AC upon arrival (with no shower since they wont open the freaking showers)

They said no food b/c the flight changed from 1130pm to 1230am due to the time change so it still will arrive at the same time and since it leaves after 12am NO catering.

What a joke. I of course happened to be on the first flight since the 1230am change, on Monday 11/8. Lucky me.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 12:01 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
Sorry. You have no right to complain here. I’m doing BOG-DFW in May next year on a red eye and it’s a 737! I’d gladly starve and have a lie flat seat 😝 Some people have all the luck! 😋
haha fair. but its absolutely garbage AA changed intl J red eye flights 1130pm to 1230am no food starting Nov 8th 2021. What a stupid enhancement. Industry leading, no other legacy airline does this. But I'll take the lie flat over food still lol
Old Nov 25, 2021, 4:18 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Thumbs down Hot meals starting 11/10 - Another AA issue

Have had 2 5 hour+ domestic flights since 11/10 and AA is still serving the same cold food for lunch and dinner in F. FAs said in early Nov that the ovens were tested and used for pilot hot meals and reported as did other sources that hot meals were returning 11/10 to domestic F. Also shows when booking lunch, dinner or breakfast instead of refreshments. Return of glasses does not even begin to be an adequate step forward. Does not appear we are going to see hot food and pre-orders any time soon.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 5:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Sorry, I did mean HNL
Old Nov 25, 2021, 5:55 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, 1MM, Bonsai Plat-Pro, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
(sarcasm filter OFF)
Sad that I'm not flying today...Aint nothing better than a Turkey Sandwich on Thanksgiving!
(sarcasm filter ON) Happy Thanksgiving! RT
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 8:23 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Just flew PHL-SAN on Thanksgiving...still no glassware and still the nasty turkey sandwich or a "nut" salad the FA called it.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
PLEASE, complain to AA Customer Relations. They need to be overwhelmed with complaints about the disgusting things they are passing off as a meal. What you've described sounds like it came out of a trash can.
I didn't bother. I figured I'd just get the old joke equivalent of "send him bedbug letter #3".
Old Nov 25, 2021, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Woofbite
I didn't bother. I figured I'd just get the old joke equivalent of "send him bedbug letter #3".
Yes, you're going to get a form letter. They can't sit there typing an original response to every e-mail they get. But comments to them are statistically gathered and the comments themselves are forwarded to department managers. Hopefully, the quantity of negative comments will cause a change at some point.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by OneWorldSapphire
Yesterday’s LAX-DFW “lunch”. The other choice was the Turkey sandwich on pretzel roll. The FA described this option as the “tomato, mozzarella and cheese sandwich”. Mozzarella is cheese, so that was weird. The mozzarella was very wet, so the bread was super soggy. I concur with the consensus: the potato salad is not good (and I generally love potato salad). The side salad was a pile of Parmesan shavings, also not good. The crew were grumpy, bar one who was wearing a trainee lanyard and who did most of the work after the trays were initially dropped off.

I connected to a two hour American eagle flight, and drinks were served in plastic cups, which was disappointing.

Same garbage I had two weeks ago CLT to LAX. The only item on the tray that was half way decent was the brownie bar.
roadtriper and robertablake like this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 11:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH DIA, MR PLT
Originally Posted by roadtriper
(sarcasm filter OFF)
Sad that I'm not flying today...Aint nothing better than a Turkey Sandwich on Thanksgiving!
(sarcasm filter ON) Happy Thanksgiving! RT
I was on ORD-PHX yesterday and had my Turkey sandwich on thanksgiving at least…the brownie with caramel was tasty.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 5:52 am

Warm nuts

Just landed at MIA on Flt 340, red eye from LAX. Pleased to report both warm nuts in a ramekin, and sundae for dessert. Along with glasses. Almost like the good old days. At least on a transcon Flagship in J.

USFlyerUS, cmd320 and lotrbfme like this.

Last edited by Daveholman; Nov 27, 2021 at 7:11 am
Old Nov 27, 2021, 6:36 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I’m smiling to myself. Yesterday we flew MIA-EYW in F thanks to a cheap upgrade offer. Not a single drink served. There were two FAs. One as idle as the other. There were 12 passengers and had. they actually been bothered and organised there was time. It does so depend on who is aboard, I won’t say working.
CLT likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 7:46 am

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I’m smiling to myself. Yesterday we flew MIA-EYW in F thanks to a cheap upgrade offer. Not a single drink served. There were two FAs. One as idle as the other. There were 12 passengers and had. they actually been bothered and organised there was time. It does so depend on who is aboard, I won’t say working.
Obviously they were so intimidated when they saw your name on the passenger manifest that they couldn't bring themselves to leave the galley.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.