Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Nov 23, 2021, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by formeraa
I was just about to post the same question...except my flight is PHX-HNL coming up in three weeks. When I bought the ticket, it was 29 days in advance and it gave me the option to reserve a meal. When I clicked on it, a window popped up but no meal choices appeared. Does anyone know what is going on with the PHX-Hawaii flights?
You can preorder the "PROTEIN" sandwich or the "VEGGIE" sandwich. Both are vile and both are unavailable to pre-order. Eat at PHX instead. Probably should knock back a bottle of hooch too so you can attempt to relax in the 321 slave ship for 6 hours.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 6:33 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by robertablake
Seems like the meals have gotten worse in FC on the domestic flights. The sandwiches lately have all been soggy and tasteless. We tried the Taco Salad, on our last flight (CUN-CLT), which we thought was uneatable. My casual observation is most trays are being picked up with the main course left mostly uneaten by everyone.
To be fair, even pre Covid, any AA meal ex-CUN was completely unappetizing!
Old Nov 23, 2021, 7:26 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Now I am here to tell you that AA have really excelled themselves on our MIA-POS. We were served the beef shaving s on some sort of mixed grains, (quinoa?) and pulses in some odd sauce. The Starter was actually devious thanks to the Parmesan sliver amd the Ranch Dressing. We both liked that. The Entrée if I dare call it that came in a plastic box that looked like Chinese Tupperware. It was extremely filling. Minus the beans it is the sort of mess with which Vegabores stuff their faces before gazing disgustedly at we planet destroying carnivores. the packed Brownie desert was truly disgusting.
Sounds like the much-maligned Taco Salad.
Originally Posted by Woofbite
I admire AA for bringing back meal service but the one I received marked as Steak Taco Salad set some kind of record.for the most weird meal I've ever seen.
It was a plate of quiona with what appeared to be shaved roast beef on top. No tortilla or chips of any sort, no lettuce, no salsa - nothing that looked like any taco
salad I ever had in my life. It came with plain corn, a sack of hard-as-rocks corn nuts, a bowl of hummus and carrot and zucchini sticks, a bowl of fruit and a brownie.
There was also a container of creamy vinaigrette dressing I couldn't figure out where to use. FInally dumped it on the corn since it had no seasoning at all. Of course
the whole meal was cold as ice but that's what you get with no ovens.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 7:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by TWA884
Sounds like the much-maligned Taco Salad.
I really don't understand why AA tried to be "quirky" with the taco salad. They could've just had a regular salad with lettuce, steak, tortilla strips, and possibly something else like corn and a side of dressing and most people would've been happy. Instead they had to make it like they just grabbed ingredients off of a forest ground.
TWAL10114Ever and wrp96 like this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Now I am here to tell you that AA have really excelled themselves on our MIA-POS. We were served the beef shaving s on some sort of mixed grains, (quinoa?) and pulses in some odd sauce. The Starter was actually devious thanks to the Parmesan sliver amd the Ranch Dressing. We both liked that. The Entrée if I dare call it that came in a plastic box that looked like Chinese Tupperware. It was extremely filling. Minus the beans it is the sort of mess with which Vegabores stuff their faces before gazing disgustedly at we planet destroying carnivores. the packed Brownie desert was truly disgusting.

All this was served by two of AA’s excellent FAs. They were just delightful and so friendly and keen to please. I adored them. They were the old AA that I remembered when the service was provided by Ladies and Gentlemen as opposed to some I have encountered who seem to have been recruited from The Motorbike Gazette. Apart from Aviation Gin being so-so, I have to say that I enjoyed my flight despite the Gym Bouncers Energy Entrée. My dog would have loved it.
It's too early for April's Fool jokes
Old Nov 23, 2021, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by N984TW
I really don't understand why AA tried to be "quirky" with the taco salad. They could've just had a regular salad with lettuce, steak, tortilla strips, and possibly something else like corn and a side of dressing and most people would've been happy. Instead they had to make it like they just grabbed ingredients off of a forest ground.
AMEN on that!! I have said for years, keep it simple, yet AA always tries to make everything "fancy" and it turns out to be crap. I miss the days of a simple filet with mac and cheese, cheese lasagna, breakfast quesadilla, breakfast scramble, etc. This taco salad sounds just awful and something that deserves to be placed at the bottom of the galley garbage can. I love how they brought all the "china" back in F class instead of the COVID-free plastic containers. You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.
N984TW likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 11:32 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
My DFW-BOG Dec 3 shows Dinner for the 4xxpm departure... while my red eye return still shows refreshments. Both 772 widebody lie flats.

Stop being so cheap AA it's a 6 hour flight. even if most are sleeping there should be at least an option of breakfast served prior to landing. Regardless if I eat it or not, 6 hrs intl widebody with no catering is industry leading cheapness. It's funny when I see people complain on the AC forum for only having two HOT choices in J nowadays for non premium, regular domestic J. They have no clue how bad AA is.

Guess I'll write in after the red eye flight again for another 7500 miles.

I will give thanks to AA for the cheap J fares and lie flats though. Still the most important part and won't switch until they reallocate the widebodies/fares increase.

I have noticed that the FA's are getting tired of serving shameful meals too. I have had many SD's asking me to write in so they don't hear complaints from all the J pax anymore lol. AA service has always been hit or miss but recently the younger FA's have been really bad while the seasoned ones excellent

Last edited by SKYEG; Nov 24, 2021 at 11:41 am
Old Nov 24, 2021, 5:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by Woofbite
FLL-DFW AA1429 Nov. 21 F class

I admire AA for bringing back meal service but the one I received marked as Steak Taco Salad set some kind of record.for the most weird meal I've ever seen.
It was a plate of quiona with what appeared to be shaved roast beef on top. No tortilla or chips of any sort, no lettuce, no salsa - nothing that looked like any taco
salad I ever had in my life. It came with plain corn, a sack of hard-as-rocks corn nuts, a bowl of hummus and carrot and zucchini sticks, a bowl of fruit and a brownie.
There was also a container of creamy vinaigrette dressing I couldn't figure out where to use. FInally dumped it on the corn since it had no seasoning at all. Of course
the whole meal was cold as ice but that's what you get with no ovens.
At least the flight attendant was great and gave out doubles shortly after take off and probably would have offered more later if asked.
My wife and I got this same meal last week, took one taste and called it quits. It seem like most passengers did the same. We haven't had an edible meal in a while.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 5:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
You can only pre-order on the DFW-Hawaii routes. The PHX-Hawaii routes get the crAAptacular sandwich mentioned upthread, so no pre-order.
We pre-ordered on our CLT-HND / HND-CLT flights.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 6:54 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by ToddR_2003
It's too early for April's Fool jokes
Im not sure quite what you mean. The meal was edible, the FAs delightful, and my dog eats anything we eat.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 1:06 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K; Alaska MVP 75K; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hertz Pres Circle
It's pretty incredible that AA is serving the exact same (cold) meal on FLL-LAX as they are serving on FLL-NYC. Had the same taco salad (which I honestly don't mind) on both legs in the last couple weeks but it's hardly substantial enough for a transcon flight. There was a snack basket passed around 90 minutes before landing on the transcon. Was hopeful for a change post-11/10.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=goldelite8;33756297]Had the same taco salad (which I honestly don't mind.[/qQUOTE]

how can you like that bird feed? Did you smoke that arugula in a bag before so you lost your taste buds?

JIMCHI likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Duplicate
Old Nov 24, 2021, 3:04 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by goldelite8
It's pretty incredible that AA is serving the exact same (cold) meal on FLL-LAX as they are serving on FLL-NYC. Had the same taco salad (which I honestly don't mind) on both legs in the last couple weeks but it's hardly substantial enough for a transcon flight. There was a snack basket passed around 90 minutes before landing on the transcon. Was hopeful for a change post-11/10.
FLL is a fare sensitive, competitive leisure destination so there is just so little room on pricing and no real demand for a better premium transcon product to/from anywhere.

The elementary school taco surprise and its upcoming cohorts are here to stay
Old Nov 24, 2021, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by robertablake
We pre-ordered on our CLT-HND / HND-CLT flights.
When did CLT-HND start? I thought LIT was next for transpacific? 😎

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.