Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2021, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Currently on AA1915 DFW-SEA and it's the freaking "Turkey" or Veggie Sandwiches. Ugh. But glassware is back.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Drwaz99
Currently on AA1915 DFW-SEA and it's the freaking "Turkey" or Veggie Sandwiches. Ugh. But glassware is back.
I thought hot meals on domestic F are back? Perhaps I was mis-informed.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 11:38 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Drwaz99
Protest to AA Customer Relations so the message gets passed on. It appears they haven't received enough negative comments about cold meals and especially the disgusting sandwiches.
wrp96, GrumpyYoungMan and Drwaz99 like this.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Protest to AA Customer Relations so the message gets passed on. It appears they haven't received enough negative comments about cold meals and especially the disgusting sandwiches.
Already submitted after picking through the tray.
JIMCHI, enviroian and roadtriper like this.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by enpremiere
COVID aside (and even during covid these days) full-service European airlines consistently pull off a better quality food product and even manage to execute it faster on short-hop routes like LHR to CDG (45 minutes wheels up to wheels down) in mega Club Europe cabins that extend far behind the 8 and 16 seat configurations on US fleets.

It's unfortunate that the bar is to "not do just worse than the other guy" instead of building a desirable inflight product.
I've seldom found the meals in business class to be anything special and there is absolutely no way the business class cabins on intra-European flights compare in even the slightest way to first class cabins on domestic U.S. flights. How can you say a business class seat that is exactly the same as a coach seat (with middle seat blocked but same legroom) on European airlines is anywhere close?
hhdl likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I've seldom found the meals in business class to be anything special and there is absolutely no way the business class cabins on intra-European flights compare in even the slightest way to first class cabins on domestic U.S. flights. How can you say a business class seat that is exactly the same as a coach seat (with middle seat blocked but same legroom) on European airlines is anywhere close?
I think he was referring to euro J soft product than our domestic F product. Obviously a slimline coach seat in J with 30" of pitch doesn't compare with our domestic F.
asnovici, enpremiere and Spanish like this.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by enviroian
I thought hot meals on domestic F are back? Perhaps I was mis-informed.
Looking quickly at flights for this evening show flights still listing refreshments for today with same flight tomorrow showing dinner.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Segments
Looking quickly at flights for this evening show flights still listing refreshments for today with same flight tomorrow showing dinner.
At the current moment in time it means nothing. The flight I'm on now was refreshments a week ago and a few days ago switched to Lunch when I looked at a dummy reservation. Same old crap "refreshments" we've had for a year or more.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by N984TW
Hearing on Twitter (mainly through JonNYC) that glassware is being reported as back all over, and transcon is back to seperate courses and ice cream sundaes again.
Just had first in-flight ice cream sundae since Feb 2020 on DFW-HNL.

App and salad were served separately from main course.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 4:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BA2158
Yesterdays POS - MIA AA2703
Glassware has returned.
No hot meals. Tomato & Cheese Sandwich or Steak Salad
Same options for MIA - POS AA 2703 yesterday. Ridiculous tomato and cheese cold, stale sandwich or the “steak” salad. I chose the steak salad and was presented with 3 thin slices of beef on top of some sort of wheat grain with black bean and corn salsa.
The pilots however were served a piping hot meal! I see absolutely no reason why AA couldn’t serve pax paying for a business class experience a hot meal (like the pilots got) on an almost 4hr flight.
enviroian, wrp96, cmd320 and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So international business meals have resumed like they were. Still unknown:

1. Domestic F meals resume
2. Alcohol in Y
3. BOB meals in Y
Old Nov 13, 2021, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Also when will Eagle F get a meal again.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 6:55 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
As mentioned upthread I also just took yesterday aa1122 BOG-DFW on the 772 in J and there was zero catering. Completely embarrassing by AA and is a new low for an almost 6 hour, 2500mi+ flight. No excuses. SD told me and all status pax to write in. What a joke AA, forget the glassware rolling out, how do you not cater a flight this long??? 1500+ miles to canada okay, that’s bad enough. But 2500+mi to South America? Soooo bad. So bad.
ceebee100 likes this.

Last edited by SKYEG; Nov 13, 2021 at 7:02 am
Old Nov 13, 2021, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SKYEG
SD told me and all status pax to write in
what did AA say?
Old Nov 13, 2021, 7:01 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by enviroian
what did AA say?
Haven’t wrote in yet , I don’t even know where to write in. Executive office Liaison? Exp platinum desk? Customer service ? They said they haven’t catered it the last two weeks. No reason given.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.