Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2021, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Thats funny !!! But no accosting at LAX. Well maybe just our homeless problem. I was doing short term parking right across from the terminals for a recent trip and I legit saw 1 homeless guy sleeping in someones parked car and one other homeless guy walking around opening over a dozen different cars looking for one that was unlocked to also sleep in.

I'd walk from the terminals to the Hilton/Hyatt, looks fun. I just dont get how people do it the other way. The walk with luggage and heading out to the flight I could never do. Would need to shower again from working up a sweat on the walk. Drop me curbside at the FFCI door
I'm a fast walker. I made it to purdy's liquor to pick up a 6 pack and onward to the Hilton. Total time 24 minutes. I cracked one open on the last purdy-hilton leg. Hilarious.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA sPLAT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by enviroian
I'm a fast walker. I made it to purdy's liquor to pick up a 6 pack and onward to the Hilton. Total time 24 minutes. I cracked one open on the last purdy-hilton leg. Hilarious.
I've walked there from the Marriott and the Hyatt. From the Hilton, I'm too lazy.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jcatman
Has anyone ever been brave enough to open the plastic and attempt to consume that cold lonely bread roll? Is it made from Quinoa flour?
I put the roll on the foil on my meal and also the pat of butter. I thought heating it up would help. How pathetic is it that pax have to resort to trying to heat their own roll. BTW, it did not help...I had one bite and then I remembered my dental work.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 9:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jcatman
Has anyone ever been brave enough to open the plastic and attempt to consume that cold lonely bread roll? Is it made from Quinoa flour?
Originally Posted by corky
I put the roll on the foil on my meal and also the pat of butter. I thought heating it up would help. How pathetic is it that pax have to resort to trying to heat their own roll. BTW, it did not help...I had one bite and then I remembered my dental work.
I opened the bag and released the "golf ball" bun for a photo opportunity. It would appear the size of the bun is directly proportional to the size of the aircraft. Flying Flagship J LAX-JFK last week on the A321T, this was the packaged bun. The butter patty puts it all into perspective. Of all the J meals I have had, nothing has really stood out. Not much flavour and a monotone heavy taste of salt.

A little bitty narrow-body bun.

Meh! Luke warm and a salty bland. Pre-ordered.

James
SKYEG and RAD_PDX like this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 2:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Even when it's not listed? I could see it being consistently available on domestic Flagship J (not that it's listed on those menus either).
In my experience, yes. I think we've got several examples recently on this thread where Glenlivet isn't listed on the menu but is catered onboard (including domestic Flagship J).

-FlyerBeek
SKYEG and futuramadramallama like this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 11:58 am

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by metallo
Well, nothing is really “listed” at this point, since the in flight magazine is gone, and there are no menu cards on most routes. But, yes, it’s consistently available if you’re not flying an RJ… usually 3 mini bottles catered per narrowbody flight.
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
In my experience, yes. I think we've got several examples recently on this thread where Glenlivet isn't listed on the menu but is catered onboard (including domestic Flagship J).

-FlyerBeek
Ah! Thanks.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 7:40 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I was shocked today to be offered full drink service, full size bottles of wine and real glasses this morning... Now get this. A FULL hot breakfast on AC YYZ-YOW. This flight is exactly 226 miles. You are in the air like 25 minutes. We had about 3 minutes to wolf it down before we were preparing for landing. I only had time to take the picture…

Fruit plate, croissant, turkey sausage with omelette and yogurt with a cookie. 226 mile flight.

AA you have absolutely no excuses now. 226 miles.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 7:42 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by SKYEG
AA you have absolutely no excuses now. 226 miles.
They never had an excuse. But AC and AA do not compete, and this great showing by AC is not going to influence AA behavior.
corky, AAway, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 7:47 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
They never had an excuse. But AC and AA do not compete, and this great showing by AC is not going to influence AA behavior.
I'm just showing you that AA is clearly using covid as an excuse to not serve hot food. Other airlines aren't. I want everyone in the AAdvantage program to be aware. I'm showing you what's capable in a mainline carrier. AC does compete with AA on some routes. I've flown both.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 7:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SKYEG
I'm just showing you that AA is clearly using covid as an excuse to not serve hot food. Other airlines aren't. I want everyone in the AAdvantage program to be aware. I'm showing you what's capable in a mainline carrier. AC does compete with AA on some routes. I've flown both.
Thank you for making them and us aware.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Yesterday's return flight from JAX of course had the same offerings although I didn't eat (again outside eating hours for me). The well seasoned flight attendant was very professional and brought out the trolley this time to serve row by row. She brought out the turkey sandwich and then the veggie sandwich and showed them visually to each. When she showed me the turkey sandwich I politely pointed to the slop that I now know as previously identified potato salad and said "what is that?" She told me and I said "no thank you I'll pass". Even the guy next to me who wolfed down his sandwich in 8 seconds didn't touch that vile looking side.

There was no nuts. The flight attendant brought me 2 packets of pretzels from coach. Again tiny 6 ounce cups.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 10:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SFO777
JFK-LAX
AA 3
321T
12:30p-3:00p
October 7, 2021

When AA released 40K saver seats overnight giving me 3+ hours in FFD, I was all in despite knowing that inflight service would be awful. But with a late night in Montreal and a 3am wake-up call to drive to BTV for my 7:15am jetBlue flight, I was only looking for a place to sleep on the way back. After an amazing morning in FFD, it was all downhill with a FA would clearly would rather have been somewhere else. Today's menu.

Today pathetic Flagship First Wine List, a shadow of past wine lists when AA cared.

Whoa, color me shocked to see nuts back. Even if they were cold. And signature Flagship First glassware.

Which I dumped for my DIY tumbler.

No doubt trying for a personal best lunch service speed record, FA tried to deliver my meal 3 minutes after drink service. I asked him to take it away and come back later. Which he did 15 minutes. Et voila.

What the eff? I'll bet J pax don't get this mystery bonus catering... which appears no where on the menu.

I decided to try a glass of the Luna Chardonnay which is a not bad low tier Chard. Lovely AA stemware.

Transferred to my DIY glass.

The artichoke ravioli wasn't awful, at least the couple of bites that I had.

ShortIy after, I reclined to lie flat mode and slept like a rock for 4 hours, only to be awakened by the captain announcing "flight attendants, prepare for landing".

If it wasn't for the cheap price, FFD and the fact that I planned to sleep today, I wouldn't be flying AA today.
My god, that is an embarrassment.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 10:28 am

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Haven't seen anything here regarding JFK-PHX, particularly at dinner time. It sadly comes in just a shade under 2200 miles but given it's a 5 hour flight I was hoping for more than a veggie wrap.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 11:17 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by OhDoctor
Haven't seen anything here regarding JFK-PHX, particularly at dinner time. It sadly comes in just a shade under 2200 miles but given it's a 5 hour flight I was hoping for more than a veggie wrap.
2200 doesn't mean anything anymore. You either get the premium meals on premium flights, or the slop they are serving everywhere else domestically. Enjoy the veggie wrap!
enviroian likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
My god, that is an embarrassment.
Do the flight attendants ever comment on your BYO wine and cocktail glassware?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.