Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Sep 19, 2021, 6:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Anyone had the breakfast enchilada , still have to decide on that or the oatmeal.. The amount of fruit you get is crazy with the fruit starter and w cheese plus there is some on the oatmeal. Leaning towards oatmeal still though unless that enchilada is good.

Yes the plastic cups is annoying but I'd still rather have the sundae cart back and a normal freaking app not that horrible cold chicken, even if it meant plastic cups. Sundae, proper cheese plate, better apps, a salad and for breakfast something like a French toast are all more important than the cups, for me.
I haven't, but it's pictured above: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33579469-post646.html
Old Sep 19, 2021, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by 985X
And yes, I did post JFK-LAX snackbox in Y a while ago. It might be the only Y "meal" posted in this thread lol.
I don't find it worth sharing a can/cup of soft drink + Biscoff's in this thread, otherwise, I could also share photos of Y meals.
I haven't flown JFK-LAX/SFO/SNA, BOS-LAX or MIA-LAX in Y within the near future.
985X likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by chrisny2
I haven't, but it's pictured above: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33579469-post646.html
Thx. Ya. It doesnt look good but it could be one of those better than it looks things.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 7:45 pm

Please delete if this is the wrong thread, does anyone know what being served in the main cabin snack box from dfw to ogg?
Old Sep 19, 2021, 7:47 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I don't find it worth sharing a can/cup of soft drink + Biscoff's in this thread, otherwise, I could also share photos of Y meals.
I haven't flown JFK-LAX/SFO/SNA, BOS-LAX or MIA-LAX in Y within the near future.
Exactly. You can go to Costco and grab biscoff and soft drink "meal" for the entire A319 for less than $20, and I'm not even joking. Even for the shorter-than-my-finger-chicken sausage they serve in transcon J, Costco has it for $12/4 dozens and that's for regular costco. It might be even cheAAper if you go to a Costco business center.
enviroian likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 10:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by Seat 1F
Right but someone needs to handle all the glasses that would be involved. I can only speak for what's going on in Michigan and in Las Vegas (I was just there) but the entire food industry here is struggling to find staff. Go into any restaurant and you can tell they are struggling. I'm sure catering companies are the same.
Again, JetBlue and Delta are managing to use glass. This excuse just doesn't fly.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 10:22 pm
Suspended

Shortly later, trays were distributed ( options were turkey sandwich vs cheese sandwich ), opted for the turkey sandwich
Looks decent, but that's turkey???
Old Sep 20, 2021, 12:25 am

Anyone done the red eye lately for either LAX/SFO-JFK or LAX-MIA 77W?

It has switched from Dinner how it was in spring & most of summer and now says Brunch or Snack how it used to actually say before Covid. There is also no pre order option to JFK whereas there is for the other flights. Pre Covid the red eye had no cheese plate or sundae cart & single tray service so therefore wouldnt that be just what we get now on non red eye flights? Is there maybe 2 instead of 4 entree choices how it was pre-Covid as I recall. Or really just a true snack as in a snack box?

If someone has been on a recent red eye please let me know.

Thx
Old Sep 20, 2021, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
That is some Whacked looking Turkey !!!
Old Sep 20, 2021, 9:06 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Dark meat vs. breast?
Old Sep 20, 2021, 9:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PTahCha
Dark meat vs. breast?
Maybe? Dark meat poultry is usually more brown/gray vs. pink, in my experience. This looks like a straight up pork product. Still looks good though. What's the dressing on it?
Old Sep 20, 2021, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
When taking meal orders, the cabin crew told that the options were a turkey pastrami sandwich or a cheese sandwich.
Sorry, I'm not a meat expert so couldn't 100% determine the animal where the meat has came from.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 9:22 am
Suspended

turkey pastrami
Always wondered what that is!
Old Sep 20, 2021, 10:12 am

Programs: Choice Hotels
I buy turkey pastrami at the supermarket from time to time, and I'm not sure if it's because they use food coloring or what, but it tends to look similar to the beef variety.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by enviroian
EXP's can.
we are not quite there, bf is almost to Plat Pro tho.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.