Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2021, 8:21 pm

[QUOTE=sargenet;33217642]I wonder if this is the case all the time? We fly this next month and the departure time is 930am (i think right now it’s 9:10am). last time we flew this route a few years ago I recall trying to take a nap as soon as we lifted off and waking up to almost missing my meal! And the flight attendant seemed perturbed! But I had been up since 3am and wasn’t expecting to be served lunch early.

Originally Posted by slpybear
AA07
DFW-OGG
4/22/2021
F (Flagship Business)

Enjoyed a good meal up front on the way to Maui. I had the Porcini Tortelli and Mrs Slpybear had the beef short rib. Everything was well done and food tasty. Wish it wasn't served at 10:45am, but alas First World Problems. Our arrival small plate choices were a protein bowl or fruit bowl. Had the fruit and was pleased. Everything was pretty normal in F Hawaii compared to pre-covid other than no PDB, plastic cups, and food all on one tray. Great way to travel to
Flying this route in a couple weeks, I assume they aren't doing the ice cream sundaes currently?
Old May 9, 2021, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Global321
Flying MIA-LAX next Saturday (9am)
Upgrades confirmed.

I don't see meal choice option.

Does it exist for this flight?
We didn't get pre-order either but it was honestly the best meal i've had on a plane yet. I got the short rib btw.

Nuts with the beverage part

salmon - I was told my bf that this was HORRIBLE, amazingly by the time they made it to my side it was sold out.

Short rib, this was HEAVENLY - thanks to everyone on here that said this was their favorite meal, it really was mine from any flight yet.
Old May 9, 2021, 8:27 pm

I don't have any LAX-MIA meal pics because the moment wheels up, i laid out and didn't get up until landing but this was the menu for that flight leg..
platbrownguy and CLT like this.
Old May 9, 2021, 8:53 pm
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
Originally Posted by miadukes
I don't have any LAX-MIA meal pics because the moment wheels up, i laid out and didn't get up until landing but this was the menu for that flight leg..
Looks like someone forgot to tell whichever department that prints the menus that the company removed the espresso/cappuccino machines from the A321T/777 aircraft.
cmd320 likes this.
Old May 9, 2021, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by CLT
Looks like someone forgot to tell whichever department that prints the menus that the company removed the espresso/cappuccino machines from the A321T/777 aircraft.
Did AA actually remove the espresso machines? I thought they clarified that they were leaving the machines installed and only getting rid of the pods and espresso cups. Considering the cups weren't even being used during the pandemic, that really just meant they weren't provisioning espresso pods. That would be a pretty easy item to bring back, so perhaps the menu isn't inaccurate? Has anyone attempted to order an espresso/cappuccino in Flagship F recently?

-FlyerBeek
CLT likes this.
Old May 9, 2021, 11:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Did AA actually remove the espresso machines? I thought they clarified that they were leaving the machines installed and only getting rid of the pods and espresso cups. Considering the cups weren't even being used during the pandemic, that really just meant they weren't provisioning espresso pods. That would be a pretty easy item to bring back, so perhaps the menu isn't inaccurate? Has anyone attempted to order an espresso/cappuccino in Flagship F recently?

-FlyerBeek
Yeah they did. If you look up aa espresso on google, you'll see that they removed just the cups and pods. (Maybe they'd do a bring your own pod service lol)
Old May 9, 2021, 11:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, AA Platinum
AA DFW-HNL March 2021

AA123
DFW-HNL
3/21/2021
F (Listed As Domestic First)

A little late to the party considering I just joined by here was my experience on DFW-HNL on the 777-200ER with Aerospace Seats. Flight took off at about 9:30Am and lunch was served at about 10:15-10:30 AM. Consisted of Burrata with Strawberry Salsa, Bread and Butter, a Chocolate Belgian Mousse Cheesecake, and the Beef with fingerling potatoes. Normally, I like burrata, but AA's tasted funky. Bread was semi-hard, but still tasted decent. The beef was chewy, but you could tell that with the sauce it was better. The potatoes were good too. For arrival, we were given Asian BBQ wrap and kettle cooked chips. The Lays Kettle Cooked were really good, but they wrap was small, but still tasted pretty good.
Old May 9, 2021, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by miadukes
I've had this version of short rib ex-LAX, and while it wasn't bad, I much prefer the one offered on the westbound premium transcons with the gremolata & grits. The one I had on JFK-SFO was especially good.

Not to mention, I don't like the beet appetizer at all.
Old May 10, 2021, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by econ
I've had this version of short rib ex-LAX, and while it wasn't bad, I much prefer the one offered on the westbound premium transcons with the gremolata & grits. The one I had on JFK-SFO was especially good.

Not to mention, I don't like the beet appetizer at all.
Yes, I noticed that they had short rib on both menus. I did not have this one (eastbound) as I was sleeping the whole time but on our MIA-LAX route with the beer sauce, omg that was the best ever.
Old May 10, 2021, 8:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
[QUOTE=tcfersure;33239366]
Originally Posted by sargenet
Flying this route in a couple weeks, I assume they aren't doing the ice cream sundaes currently?
No, the Sundae cart is a fond memory, but the rasberry cheese cake wasn't bad.
Old May 10, 2021, 7:05 pm
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek

-FlyerBeek
I stand corrected-thanks for the update!

I initially only saw the announcement where they had planned to remove them, but not the clarification that they expect such beverages to return. I wonder if their idea all along was just to remove the pods/frothing wands/cups/pods and keep the machine or actually remove everything but backlash preventing them from doing so.
FlyerBeek likes this.
Old May 15, 2021, 10:45 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I’ve had the turkey sandwich (Lunch/dinner sandwich) quite a few times now.
What I don’t understand is why they put that nasty coleslaw/cabbage thing and the white spread on it. It just makes the bread all soggy and fall apart, not to mention they don’t really add any good flavor to the sandwich. I just scrape it all off.
if they just kept it dry like the breakfast turkey croissant, I think the side of mustard and an additional side of Mayo would be more than enough to make it a good sandwich.
The cheese plate is an ok fallback option but it’s not very filling.
Waiting for regular meals to come back!
Old May 16, 2021, 9:10 am

Programs: Independent
Since I surprisingly couldn't find a photo of it anywhere, here is the cheese tray currently being served on AA.
Old May 20, 2021, 10:19 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
ONT-DFW F, no PDB (didn't expect it), normally a breakfast flight, but only got a little red "mix & match" snack box. Has cranberries, a little pack of 2 oreos, wheat thins, and a cheese dip.
Old May 20, 2021, 2:57 pm

Have an LAX-MIA flight in J, but no pre-order food option. Is this normal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.