Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Krug Alert! On sale @ MIA D30 Admirals Club... and others?

Krug Alert! On sale @ MIA D30 Admirals Club... and others?

Old Dec 30, 20, 5:52 am

Programs: AA CK, Million Miler (1.999m)
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek View Post
I'm pleased to report my purchase of Krug last week at the MIA AC automatically credited as part of my AMEX Airline Fee reimbursement two days later.
-FlyerBeek
This is awesome new!
Old Dec 30, 20, 8:26 am

Programs: AA PltPro /1MM
Originally Posted by ijgordon View Post
Interesting - I think I may have commented upthread about issues with this in the past. I suppose either Amex has changed tack, or my problems have been with DL SkyClubs as opposed to AC's (and possibly related to SC's operated by third parties, e.g., Sodexho, where the charge does not post with the airline as merchant).
I suspect this also may be related to the MCC code the merchant is registered as.
Old Dec 30, 20, 8:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG SPIRE AMB, et al.
FWIW, the charge from the MIA AC posted as "AA ADMIRALS CLUB TULSA OK." I'm not sure if all other other ACs post the same.

Cheers,
FlyerBeek
Old Dec 30, 20, 11:01 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
JFK had it on their wine list...I asked for it but they didnít have it 😕

this is the JFK menu: http://qrmenupro.com/wp-content/uplo...enu-121120.pdf

Last edited by donotblink; Dec 30, 20 at 11:06 am
Old Dec 30, 20, 11:11 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Update: JFK has Krug and will sell it by the bottle!!!! Just got a bottle!!!!
Old Dec 30, 20, 12:00 pm

At the request of the bartender Iím not going to say anything in regards to anything done out of policy, but I will say if you tip well, you will receive excellent service at JFK.

also hereís the back of one of the bottles I consumed today:

platbrownguy likes this.
Old Dec 30, 20, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Solid price for a bottle of Kistler Noisetiers @ $45. Purchase a 2018 last week for take-away from a small tapas/wine bar for $60. Kistler takes a more Burgundian approach to their Chards and Pinots. Expect more minerality than buttery oak in the Chardonnay. The Noisetiers is exclusive for on-prem (bars & restaurants), so finding at a local wine shop is unlikely.
Old Dec 30, 20, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by perigord View Post
The Noisetiers is exclusive for on-prem (bars & restaurants), so finding at a local wine shop is unlikely.
is this a common thing? Seems like a bizarre distribution strategy to a novice like me!
Old Dec 30, 20, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium/LTP (+UA Silver), National Exec Elite, mlife Noir
Originally Posted by donotblink View Post
is this a common thing? Seems like a bizarre distribution strategy to a novice like me!
Not too uncommon. There are also wines that you can only get from the winery or by joining their "club"
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 30, 20, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Restaurants love having wines that aren't available at retail - they can work on even higher margins than usual and makes the restauranteur feel "special" since the bottle can't be found in a store.
SPN Lifer, jcatman and perigord like this.
Old Dec 30, 20, 3:18 pm

I notice the red wine flight was served in plastic glasses but (thank heavens) the Krug was served in real glass.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 20, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium/LTP (+UA Silver), National Exec Elite, mlife Noir
Originally Posted by worldtrav View Post
I notice the red wine flight was served in plastic glasses but (thank heavens) the Krug was served in real glass.
Yeah... YMMV on the availability of real glass at LAX.
Old Dec 30, 20, 4:06 pm

They had glass champagne flutes at JFK, Iíll be back at JFK twice next week and once at MIAóIíll see what other wine glasses they have.
SPN Lifer and cmd320 like this.
Old Dec 30, 20, 6:43 pm

They had glass champagne flutes at JFK, Iíll be back at JFK twice next week and once at MIAóIíll see what other wine glasses they have.
We were served in glass flutes in Miami on Monday, Dec 28th.
Old Dec 30, 20, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

also hereís the back of one of the bottles I consumed today:
Hmm, for some reason I never realized Krug was LVMH. Possibly explains why I've never been particularly enamored of it - I don't care for Moet & Chandon at all, and not so crazy about Dom either.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: