Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Krug Alert! On sale @ MIA D30 Admirals Club... and others?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Krug Alert! On sale @ MIA D30 Admirals Club... and others?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2020, 12:45 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
I just get the faintest hint that you are not a devotee of Le McNuggets Champenoise. If that is the case I advise against dining at Restaurant Joël Robuchon where it is a specialty. Best value is a family pack with a magnum of the dipping sauce.
I went to l'Atelier de Joël Robuchon in Paris with my ex, probably had one of the best meals of my life there!
Old Dec 24, 2020, 9:52 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by donotblink
In my experience, bags at Miami take forever to show up at the carousel, sometimes more than 90 minutes. You can also track bag scans on your phone!
except for the time I hung in the Centurion lounge for 40 minutes and they were gone.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by donotblink
I went to l'Atelier de Joël Robuchon in Paris with my ex, probably had one of the best meals of my life there!
I have been to the Atelier at the MGM Grand in Vegas a few times... one of my favorites places too... but definitely ain't got time for this chicken nugget fiasco
Old Dec 25, 2020, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Well, DFW shall remain a mystery. Had a 55 min connection from A17 to C20, and I guested a couple friends into the A23 club, so hitting up the D club wasn't in the cards. I did ask at A23 and the bartender had no idea what Krug was (though Taittinger at $16/glass isn't a terrible deal). I kind of figure that if DFW is selling it at D, they'd still it everywhere so maybe it's just a MIA thing for now.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
I don't mean to yuck anyone's yum, but $65 for a half-bottle ($130/bottle) of champagne just seems abnormal for us unwashed masses.
Good for you if this is your normal drink allowance, but it is way beyond anything i could imagine buying for myself!
Old Dec 25, 2020, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Uzzar
I don't mean to yuck anyone's yum, but $65 for a half-bottle ($130/bottle) of champagne just seems abnormal for us unwashed masses.
Good for you if this is your normal drink allowance, but it is way beyond anything i could imagine buying for myself!
It's actually an excellent price for that champagne. A normal 750ml bottle of Krug retails for $200 at Total Wine, and of course in a restaurant you'd expect to pay double that price or more.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

I'm pretty darn unwashed compared to most in my orbit but Champagne is one of my indulgences. Easy to spend $65 at the bar on god only knows, much rather spend it on something that delights at every sip.
SPN Lifer, jcatman and cmd320 like this.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 4:17 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
At a lot of a lot of nice bars in New York City, if you were to go and ask for two glasses of champagne—probably the least expensive champagne that they have, you might expect to spend $30 per glass.
GlobalMatt likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Just a reminder that the LAX club is currently closed due to local restrictions.
I almost relied on your reminder to my detriment! I was supposed to be on tonight's AA4 to JFK but it got way delayed so I hopped onto AA707 to CLT instead (also a 777-200, and ultimately a better routing to my final destination). I was going to tool around aimlessly in my rental car until close to the 12:20 a.m. flight but I decided to come in to see if the club was open (as it says it is online).

Indeed, despite the covid stuff, the LAX club is open until 1 a.m., even tonight (Christmas night). There is no hot foodservice, but snack boxes are handed out at the door, and the bar is fully operational.

Merrily, the bar is so operational that it is selling me Krug on Christmas night.

Unfortunately, they are being a little watchful because some jerkwad bought a bottle the other day, said he was going to drink it elsewhere in the lounge, and then took it onto a flight, causing a disturbance. Whatevs.

Merry flying!

ETA:
Also, beachfan, you will be pleased to learn that you are correct: this is indeed the 168ème (from 2012 grapes). The KrugID for my half-bottle tonight was 418038.

The bar supervisor saw me looking at the number and then came over to ask about it, and we just had a nice chat about wines and the like. She asked me why I liked Krug and I said, well, it's pretty simple. For one, it's the little bubbles and the complex apple and vanilla notes--but it's more than that, because each sip reminds me of some time I've had it in the past... that birthday dinner at Per Se, that time I brought it BYOB to a crab joint, the anniversary dinner with my wife at the St. Regis Bahia Beach, the pleasant hours whiled away in FFD... it's a celebration.
cedric, beachfan, dcmike and 8 others like this.

Last edited by platbrownguy; Dec 26, 2020 at 12:27 am Reason: KrugID
Old Dec 26, 2020, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
It's actually an excellent price for that champagne. A normal 750ml bottle of Krug retails for $200 at Total Wine, and of course in a restaurant you'd expect to pay double that price or more.
$200 is a bit high. A local wine merchant can do better. I pay around $160.

$65 indeed is a great price, but I’d rather shell out the extra $15 and enjoy it at home
Old Dec 26, 2020, 6:51 pm

Programs: Free agent AAdvantage LT GLD
I have a 3hr layover at DFW Wed courtesy of choosing the 789 CUN-DFW so I'll have plenty of time to see if they still have any then. It'll be great way to end the trip even though I'll be solo. Will use the day pass AA gave me for Xmas.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rayfes
I have a 3hr layover at DFW Wed courtesy of choosing the 789 CUN-DFW so I'll have plenty of time to see if they still have any then. It'll be great way to end the trip even though I'll be solo. Will use the day pass AA gave me for Xmas.
Try D. Don't waste your time at A23. Good luck! Hope they have some.
rayfes and cmd320 like this.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 11:31 am

Programs: AA PLT
Awesome! Mrs. Perigord and I will be traveling through LAX this week and look forward to a lovely pre-flight treat!
Old Dec 27, 2020, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmd320
FWIW just ate at a restaurant tonight that had Krug (168) by the glass for $85 and by the bottle for $450 (though I also believe $200 is high for retail).
Old Dec 28, 2020, 7:35 am

Thanks Platbrownguy!

Ordered my first (half) bottle of Krug today!

Bottle ID is the same 418038 as shown above.

Paired really well with the salmon avocado toast this morning.

Thanks again for sharing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.