Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Krug Alert! On sale @ MIA D30 Admirals Club... and others?

Krug Alert! On sale @ MIA D30 Admirals Club... and others?

Old Dec 23, 20, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by donotblink View Post
What can we get at the airport that would pair well? Is it worth trying to bring in caviar or something?
There is a Maccas close by isn't there? Last time I was dipping my McNuggets in champagne someone walked by and said that a Frenchman would kill me for that. So it is clearly a combination that is to die for.
Djokison and madmanshoney like this.
Old Dec 23, 20, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium/LTP (+UA Silver), National Exec Elite, mlife Noir
Originally Posted by 3544quebec View Post
There is a Maccas close by isn't there? Last time I was dipping my McNuggets in champagne someone walked by and said that a Frenchman would kill me for that. So it is clearly a combination that is to die for.
FT really needs a dislike button!!
Old Dec 23, 20, 5:53 am

I will be in MIA at 9:30a on the 28th. Never had Krug, but will on Monday if it is still available! Thanks for the heads up. If you see me there, come say hello!
Old Dec 23, 20, 7:07 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by MIAFlyer View Post
I will be in MIA at 9:30a on the 28th. Never had Krug, but will on Monday if it is still available! Thanks for the heads up. If you see me there, come say hello!
Some of us plan to schlepp through the MIA Admirals Club later that week and would appreciate it if you and platbrownguy would exercise some restraint.
GrumpyYoungMan and Cthunder86 like this.
Old Dec 23, 20, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
All this talk is fun, but I'm going to bet DFW doesn't have any.
Old Dec 23, 20, 9:08 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by anaggie View Post
What time does the D club in DFW open? I have a flight at 7am to Cancun next week and maybe can down a bottle before that 🤣

I arrive the day before at 730pm into DFW .. maybe I can run over to D and order a bottle, some guacamole and chips and then go back down to collect my bags and head to the Grand Hyatt. Would this be feasible?
D club opens at 5:15 but sadly, cannot purchase alcohol until 7 AM in TX and even later on Sundays. Evening run is your best chance.
Old Dec 23, 20, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium/LTP (+UA Silver), National Exec Elite, mlife Noir
Originally Posted by krazieman View Post
All this talk is fun, but I'm going to bet DFW doesn't have any.
Eh, I mean DFW served Krug at its FFD pre-covid, so I might as well take the other side of that bet. Would be nice to know sooner than Friday... so I can route through MIA instead if need be!
Old Dec 23, 20, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by beachfan View Post

id hope itís the 168 edition, which should be these since 164th, and better than 169 (due to base years of 2012 and 2008 for the 168 and 164 respectively. If it dient say, there is a code on the back that can be checked at the Krug website.
I will look and try to take a pic if possible. Since I don't know exactly what I'm looking for any "pre-guidance" before Monday would be welcome.
Old Dec 23, 20, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MIAFlyer View Post
I will look and try to take a pic if possible. Since I don't know exactly what I'm looking for any "pre-guidance" before Monday would be welcome.
Flip the bottle over and to the left of the bar code will be a prominent 6-digit "Krug ID" number, which you can then punch in here for more info: https://www.krug.com/what-is-krug-id
Old Dec 23, 20, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT GOLD, RC PLAT PREM
Originally Posted by perigord View Post
D club opens at 5:15 but sadly, cannot purchase alcohol until 7 AM in TX and even later on Sundays. Evening run is your best chance.
If I take a shot at an evening run, what would happen to my bags at baggage claim? Can I leave them there for a while and then come back to claim them? Will they still be there or will I have hunt them down ?
Old Dec 23, 20, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

If I take a shot at an evening run, what would happen to my bags at baggage claim? Can I leave them there for a while and then come back to claim them? Will they still be there or will I have hunt them down ?
They'll probably be marshaled into the side baggage office pretty soon after the last bag drops. I've left bags down there while drinking in the AC before. Other than the increased risk of theft while it circles around the belt, nbd.
Old Dec 23, 20, 5:01 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Is a 1/2 bottle of Champagne worth the mental anxiety you are going to endure, wondering who might grab your bags off the carousel?

Get your luggage, stroll over to the Grand Hyatt, take the escalator UP, and have cocktails + dinner in that fantastic bar/restaurant. You'll enjoy it.
anaggie likes this.
Old Dec 23, 20, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jcatman View Post
Is a 1/2 bottle of Champagne worth the mental anxiety you are going to endure, wondering who might grab your bags off the carousel?

Get your luggage, stroll over to the Grand Hyatt, take the escalator UP, and have cocktails + dinner in that fantastic bar/restaurant. You'll enjoy it.
Agree that the GH DFW restaurant is fabulous, and the cocktails there are good, but the wine list isn't so great (and the markup on what they do have on offer was pretty astounding when I was there a couple weeks ago).
SPN Lifer and cmd320 like this.
Old Dec 23, 20, 7:01 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
In my experience, bags at Miami take forever to show up at the carousel, sometimes more than 90 minutes. You can also track bag scans on your phone!
Old Dec 23, 20, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy View Post
FT really needs a dislike button!!
I just get the faintest hint that you are not a devotee of Le McNuggets Champenoise. If that is the case I advise against dining at Restaurant JoŽl Robuchon where it is a specialty. Best value is a family pack with a magnum of the dipping sauce.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: