Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Krug Alert! On sale @ MIA D30 Admirals Club... and others?

Krug Alert! On sale @ MIA D30 Admirals Club... and others?

Old Apr 20, 21, 5:39 pm

Looks wonderful! I'm In! I took down two bottles in Miami, one at Christmas time another in Feb, and took down two in LAX in Feb (I had help). Coming for you, JFK!
Old Apr 20, 21, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by platbrownguy View Post
donotblink cmd320 jcatman perigord beachfan FlyerBeek*

Krug DO this Saturday?

Ok folks, here's the deal. I just spilled 35,000 miles on this Saturday's 6pm AA28, JFK-LAX, in F on the 321T. I'm planning to hunker down at the AC beforehand and consume whatever Krug supplies remain from about 3 to 5 p.m. If anyone wants to join, stop by or shoot me a PM or something (I tagged the frequent Krug fans in this thread, but all--obviously--are welcome). Happy to divvy up some Marshallberg Farms ossetra with proper spoons and all the fixins if that caviar party is finally in order.

I may not have the occasion to hit the transcons for at least a couple months after this weekend, so it will likely be "lit" as the youths say...

* 3544quebec is not invited, due to previously espoused McNugget-related beliefs
Fair warning...you will have one fewer at your disposal after I travel through JFK on Thursday. My apologies. Although I will definitely not drink more than one. And I will be eaten by guilt while I drink it, knowing I will be robbing from your stash.
Old Apr 20, 21, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/AUA/MIA/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by DMPHL View Post
Fair warning...you will have one fewer at your disposal after I travel through JFK on Thursday. My apologies. Although I will definitely not drink more than one. And I will be eaten by guilt while I drink it, knowing I will be robbing from your stash.
So long as you don't drink the last bottle, your lush and wanton ways will be forgiven. Heck, you might even do us a favor, to mitigate your self-loathing, and ask the barkeeps how deep the Krug reservoir is these days...
DMPHL and cmd320 like this.
Old Apr 20, 21, 9:14 pm

So long as you don't drink the last bottle, your lush and wanton ways will be forgiven. Heck, you might even do us a favor, to mitigate your self-loathing, and ask the barkeeps how deep the Krug reservoir is these days...
I shall, and shall report back here.
Old Apr 21, 21, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Just leave one bottle for me -- I'll be there next week!
Old Apr 22, 21, 10:23 am

I promised to report back. There is good news, and potentially logistically complicated news.

The good news is that I was told that, although it has been selling well, there is still good supply.

The potentially logistically complicated news is that they do not keep the entire stash behind the bar, or even in the Admirals Club. They keep the stock in storage somewhere in T8. They give them 6 bottles of Krug at the beginning of the day. Hard to say whether they can just quickly and easily call up more from reserves if they sell those six (because I don't think they've had to very much), but it is worth asking the bartender when you get here, or even emailing the AA premium services rep for JFK, whoever that is, if you are planning to have a group purchasing multiple bottles!
Old Apr 22, 21, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by DMPHL View Post
I promised to report back. There is good news, and potentially logistically complicated news.

The good news is that I was told that, although it has been selling well, there is still good supply.

The potentially logistically complicated news is that they do not keep the entire stash behind the bar, or even in the Admirals Club. They keep the stock in storage somewhere in T8. They give them 6 bottles of Krug at the beginning of the day. Hard to say whether they can just quickly and easily call up more from reserves if they sell those six (because I don't think they've had to very much), but it is worth asking the bartender when you get here, or even emailing the AA premium services rep for JFK, whoever that is, if you are planning to have a group purchasing multiple bottles!
Thank you for this intel! 6 would probably be plenty if all 6 are still there when we arrive...

This will be the one time I follow up to those premium services reps with something more than "thanks"... (although it will probably also be the one time I don't get a text from them telling me what gate my flight is leaving from)

MIA Flyer is slated to arrive at JFK before me, so he may also be able to ensure adequate supply.
DMPHL, cmd320 and donotblink like this.
Old Apr 22, 21, 11:22 am

Programs: American Airlines, Hilton
How is the DFW supply?
Old Apr 22, 21, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by BavarianFlyer View Post
How is the DFW supply?
W/r/t Krug, DFW has long since run dry.
Old Apr 22, 21, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BavarianFlyer View Post
How is the DFW supply?
Only JFK remains, and it's unclear how much (if any) will remain after this Saturday afternoon...
jcatman, wrp96 and donotblink like this.
Old Apr 23, 21, 6:39 am

MIA Flyer is slated to arrive at JFK before me, so he may also be able to ensure adequate supply.
I should get in around noon, I'm happy to ask for an "adequate supply" to be chilled and on hand. @platbrownguy, PM or send me a text with how many you think will be there (if more than 6).

Looking forward to it! Never done a "meet" or a "do" before!
donotblink likes this.
Old Apr 23, 21, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MIAFlyer View Post
I should get in around noon, I'm happy to ask for an "adequate supply" to be chilled and on hand. @platbrownguy, PM or send me a text with how many you think will be there (if more than 6).

Looking forward to it! Never done a "meet" or a "do" before!
Will do -- this is probably properly called a mini-DO -- should be us + donotblink unless anyone else wants to crash the party. Among the 3 of us, I imagine we'll put away at least 3 of the half-bottles (I have been known to have 2 to myself though).
donotblink likes this.
Old Apr 23, 21, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Will do -- this is probably properly called a mini-DO -- should be us + donotblink unless anyone else wants to crash the party. Among the 3 of us, I imagine we'll put away at least 3 of the half-bottles (I have been known to have 2 to myself though).
I am expecting to read that the remaining supply was consumed. Blurry photos as proof.

Last edited by perigord; Apr 24, 21 at 8:05 am
Old Apr 24, 21, 2:03 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
They have told us that we have depleted their Krug stock! 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻
DMPHL likes this.
Old Apr 24, 21, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by donotblink View Post
They have told us that we have depleted their Krug stock! 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻
Not sure what happened here.

Search this Thread