Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA re-starts service between Charlotte and Honolulu, operated by a Boeing 777-200

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA re-starts service between Charlotte and Honolulu, operated by a Boeing 777-200

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2021, 6:04 am

EWR-HNL is not a new route

Originally Posted by Ishrion
Essentially, yes. Hawaii remains a hotspot for Americans during these times, especially with international restrictions.

Since COVID, airlines have added several new Hawaii routes and upgauged aircraft.

Alaska: LAX-LIH/KOA
United: ORD-KOA, EWR-HNL
Hawaiian: HNL-ONT/AUS/MCO, LGB-OGG
Southwest: LGB-HNL
American: CLT-HNL, upgauged PHX-OGG to 788, 1x DFW-HNL to 77W, 1x LAX-HNL to 789.

UA's EWR-HNL route is not a new one for them.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 10:39 am

Programs: None
Originally Posted by lovetoflyaround
UA's EWR-HNL route is not a new one for them.
Apologies, I meant EWR-OGG.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 2:29 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Booked this in AA's Daily Deals from yesterday for $197 RT x 2 in Y for May 7th - May 14th. Positioning flight from DC required, so $100pp ex BWI on WN was the best deal I could find.

Not sure if I'll pony up the ~$800pp RT on the stickers (PLT, only have 2 in the bank), but I'll see how it pans out closer to time, either way 17A-C in MCE on the 777 isn't the worst place to spend 9hrs, particularly for $197.

I do with they'd offer some reasonable opportunity to upgrade to PE.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by fly747first
Boy, you sure give AA's lost-in-space RM team a lot of credit... the same children of the corn who are pricing J higher than F on the MIA LAX 77W flight this upcoming January. Let's see how long it takes them to catch the mistake this time (last year they took a month, haha).
It was still priced that way a couple days ago!
Old Jan 11, 2021, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
Booked this in AA's Daily Deals from yesterday for $197 RT x 2 in Y for May 7th - May 14th. Positioning flight from DC required, so $100pp ex BWI on WN was the best deal I could find.

Not sure if I'll pony up the ~$800pp RT on the stickers (PLT, only have 2 in the bank), but I'll see how it pans out closer to time, either way 17A-C in MCE on the 777 isn't the worst place to spend 9hrs, particularly for $197.
don't forget mileage upgrades, 30k+$350pp RT, which could be a better deal or not depending on how you value your miles

and it's confirmed in advance instead of waiting on stickers to clear. And there's upgrade-C space available on your dates.
ChurnieEls likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 4:30 pm

looks like this flight stops going after Jan 3, 2022. Bummer.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 6:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
looks like this flight stops going after Jan 3, 2022. Bummer.
Yes, unfortunately one of the casualties of not enough wide bodies for all of AA routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.