Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New booking dates please / and change policy.. Thx..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2020, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: MSC Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, RCCL Platinum, IHG Platinum Elite

Hello - When will AA airlines open the next round of booking dates? I am looking to travel Thanksgiving week 2021. With new change policy it seems like a no brainer to book early without consequence. Am I understanding this right? I am not an avid traveler.

Thank you,
Kyle
Old Dec 20, 2020, 11:20 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
I believe dates are loaded at 330 days ahead so Thanksgiving isn't available yet. Look at the aa.com site and the calendar where you can calculate the waiting time for the dates you want to book.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 11:23 am

Programs: Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Harmoncove
Hello - When will AA airlines open the next round of booking dates? I am looking to travel Thanksgiving week 2021. With new change policy it seems like a no brainer to book early without consequence. Am I understanding this right? I am not an avid traveler.

Thank you,
Kyle
AA does not release flights for booking. The are released each day. Currently flights are being offered in the middle of November. Depending on you travel date, you can calculate when you desired flights will be available. About 330 days before the flight.

No brainer as long as you are confident that you will be able to use the credit at some other time if you cancel the flights. Or you can change the flights for free. Domestic flight?
Old Dec 20, 2020, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Yes, domestic flight. Thx..
Old Dec 20, 2020, 8:44 pm

Programs: Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Harmoncove
Yes, domestic flight. Thx..
Good. aA says the no change fee for Domestic flights is permanent, so no risk. Book your flights when they are available at a price that you like.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Yes! AA finally called me back. They said if I use miles they put them back into my account and If I pay cash it is a travel credit for one year. Thanks again...!
Old Dec 21, 2020, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by jagoffee
Good. aA says the no change fee for Domestic flights is permanent, so no risk. Book your flights when they are available at a price that you like.
Except the current change credit expires Dec 31, 20201
When will this be changed? I was ok, until AA decided on additional restrictions for using flight credit. I was told that in October they changed the rules so that credit for MAIN cannot be used for BASIC
I just noticed they changed a flight I had in B to a different flight in 0. So, apparently if I didn't like the change, I would be able to cancel and later use the credit for B.
I have also never been able to select flight credit on the payment screen and get it to work
Old Dec 21, 2020, 9:24 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Isn’t the ticket value good for a year from issue? So you could cancel and rebook, but not beyond 365 days of the initial purchase.

or am I wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.