Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Platinum Pro now oneworld Emerald (effective 30 June 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 10, 2020, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
AA has announced AAdvantage Platinum Pro members will gain oneworld Emerald status “starting in early 2021”.

Starting in early 2021, Platinum Pro members will also receive oneworld Emerald status with theoneworld Alliance, the world’s fastest growing and most highly rated global airline alliance. Members will enjoy additional perks such as first class priority check-in, access to first and business class lounges, fast track at select security lanes, higher priority for waitlists and standby, priority boarding and priority baggage handling when they travel on our oneworld partner airlines. — link
Print Wikipost

AA Platinum Pro now oneworld Emerald (effective 30 June 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2020, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by VFR
F lounge access is the main benefit for OWE, but remember that oneworld First lounges only exist at the following airports (off the top of my head, where a separate lounge exists for F like the CCR I have marked with a star):

USA:
LAX (QF), JFK (BA*)

Europe:
LHR (CX, AA, BA*), LGW (BA), FRA (JL), HEL (AY)

Asia:
DOH (QR*), DXB (EK when on QF flights), NRT (JL), HND (JL), SIN (QF), HKG (CX)

Oceania:
SYD, MEL, PER, AKL (all QF, international)
Note that OWE also gets you into Qantas domestic business lounges while OWS does not.

If you are flying internationally through these airports regularly, your life may improve. Otherwise, the marginal benefit of the F lounge is rather limited.

I think the soft OWE benefits that are not guaranteed by oneworld policy are actually more interesting, like a higher priority for op-ups on CX, or a much higher chance of a blocked seat next to you on BA. I am hopeful for a free snack in Y on AA too.
Aren't Flagship lounges counted as First Class lounges?
Old Dec 11, 2020, 11:12 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by mvoight
They let J, F, OWS, and OWE in, so they are not F-exclusive.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 11:34 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mvoight
They essentially became Business Class lounges when the access rules changed a few years ago to allow both OWS and OWE access (including AA's own PLT elites and above on FL-eligible international itineraries).

FFD was meant to be the differentiator for First Class, even though OWE doesn't get access.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 12:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by lsquare
From what I read, QF F at SYD is really good. I've never tried it so I can't comment on it.
I have some photos of it HERE.

Originally Posted by Nicc HK
My personal recommendations

1. Salt'n'Pepper Calamari (comes with nice hot chillies)
2. Hamburger (but if like me don't forget to ask to avoid the beetroot, for some strange reason Aussies have this fetish with putting beetroots on burgers)
chrisny2, Nicc HK and lsquare like this.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 3:43 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by LINDEGR
How is it a negative for us EXPs? Marginally more crowded F class lounges?
I wasn't classifying anything as a negative. I'm just reading the comments posted in this thread.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Nicc HK
2. Hamburger (but if like me don't forget to ask to avoid the beetroot, for some strange reason Aussies have this fetish with putting beetroots on burgers)
No beetroot!!! That's a bit like saying "go to Australia but ask them to shoot all the koalas before you get there"
Nicc HK, lsquare, Texter and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 4:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
No beetroot!!! That's a bit like saying "go to Australia but ask them to shoot all the koalas before you get there"
I would just shoot whoever it was that thought that beetroot should be allowed within 50 metres of a burger
Nicc HK and lsquare like this.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Interesting that the gap between PRO and EXP is growing wider. Assuming $40k spend on credit cards, then PRO needs only 50k EQM, while EXP needs 70k EQM + $12k EQD. Given that EXP eVIPs can't be used for tickets issued after 31Jul21, thereby reducing some EXP's desire to book AA in the second half of next year, AND given that AA is scaling back its California presence, especially internationally, achieving EXP isn't as necessary or of value to some current CA-based EXP. Bummer. Quite liked being AA loyal.

50k EQM can be earned with just 1 C r/t LAX-DEL and 2 domestic SFO-JFK in Y. Interesting.

Last edited by SFO_FT; Dec 11, 2020 at 4:24 pm
Old Dec 11, 2020, 7:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
So after all the EQD and benefits change drama, the net change for a pre-EQD lower-achieving EXP is they had lost 3 SWUs.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I would just shoot whoever it was that thought that beetroot should be allowed within 50 metres of a burger
Er, i beg to differ - I find beetroot t6o be a good addition to a burger. After all, if you have ketchup in your burger, why not have a lice of beetroot as well?
Old Dec 11, 2020, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by VFR
F lounge access is the main benefit for OWE, but remember that oneworld First lounges only exist at the following airports (off the top of my head, where a separate lounge exists for F like the CCR I have marked with a star):

USA:
LAX (QF), JFK (BA*)

Europe:
LHR (CX, AA, BA*), LGW (BA), FRA (JL), HEL (AY)

Asia:
DOH (QR*), DXB (EK when on QF flights), NRT (JL), HND (JL), SIN (QF), HKG (CX)

Oceania:
SYD, MEL, PER, AKL (all QF, international)
Note that OWE also gets you into Qantas domestic business lounges while OWS does not.

If you are flying internationally through these airports regularly, your life may improve. Otherwise, the marginal benefit of the F lounge is rather limited.

I think the soft OWE benefits that are not guaranteed by oneworld policy are actually more interesting, like a higher priority for op-ups on CX, or a much higher chance of a blocked seat next to you on BA. I am hopeful for a free snack in Y on AA too.
Where / what is a F lounge in HEL?
Old Dec 11, 2020, 7:33 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by puchong
Where / what is a F lounge in HEL?
The Platinum Wing is accessible to select AY customers and OWE (as opposed to the "Finnair Business Lounge").

It's listed as an F lounge on the Oneworld site, but AY does not refer to it as such.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
lmao!
sdix likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Er, i beg to differ - I find beetroot t6o be a good addition to a burger. After all, if you have ketchup in your burger, why not have a lice of beetroot as well?
Old Dec 11, 2020, 7:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I have never really found lice appealing as a foodstuff
tomato is a fruit - beetroot isnt - plus beetroot just tastes disgusting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.