Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Elite choice rewards starts 2021 - new for Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro

Elite choice rewards starts 2021 - new for Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 10, 20, 1:44 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
Beginning “early in 2021” AA rolls out changes in their Elite choice if rewards options for Ececutive Platinum and Platinum Pro members.

Link to AAdvantage Program Updates - Elite Status Updates for 2021.“Starting in early 2021, when you qualify for Platinum Pro or Executive Platinum status with the adjusted 2021 requirements, you’ll have the flexibility to choose the rewards that matter most to you.

For our Platinum Pro members, you’ll receive 1 reward choice in addition to the current benefits.

For our Executive Platinum members, systemwide upgrades will now become 1 of many reward choices. You can choose to maintain up to the 4 systemwide upgrades you receive today, or you’ll have the flexibility to select a different reward. All of your other existing Executive Platinum benefits will remain the same.”

When members qualify for Executive Platinum, they can choose from two of the following (two of the same rewards can be selected, except where noted):

- Two (2) Systemwide Upgrades (SWUs)

- 25,000 AAdvantage miles (30,000 for AAdvantage credit card holders holders)

- Carbon emissions offset

- $200 donation to one of ten partner charities

- Gift of Gold status

- $200 AA travel voucher

- Individual Admirals Club membership (requires of two choices)

- 10,000 bonus EQMs (can only be selected once)

- Choice of Bang & Olufsen product

When you qualify for Platinum Pro, you can choose from one of the following:

- One (1) Systemwide Upgrade (SWU)

- 20,000 AAdvantage miles (25,000 miles for AAdvantage credit card holders)

- One-time 15% off award discount

- Carbon emissions offset

- $200 donation to one of ten partner charities

- Six (6) Admirals Club one-day passes

- $200 AA travel voucher

Other changes also mean Platinum Pro elite status becomes oneworld Emerald status. See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ld-future.html.

Summary: Executive Platinum members gain more choices than the four SWUs. They can receive four SWU, or two SWU and another benefit.

Platinum Pro members can now select a choice benefit, including a SWU previously only available to Executive Platinum members).
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 12, 20, 12:22 pm
formerly cAAribmorpho

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jackjennings View Post
When an EXP reaches the minimums for PPRO, are they going to get that choice reward as well? Or only the EXP ones upon EXP requal?
You get the reward choice at each level as you attain it, regardless of current status. So even as a current EXP, when reaching PPro next year you'd get the PPro-level reward choice -- and then if you continue and re-earn EXP, you'd get the EXP-level reward choice(s) too.
Old Dec 12, 20, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium/LTP (+UA Silver), National Exec Elite, mlife Noir
This is only a positive for me. The option to have up to 5 SWUs instead of 4... and to defer selecting them until I know whether I will have a use for them... it's actually an enhancement.

Currently sitting on 6 SWUs, one option to choose the 90k EQM award (40k miles or 2 more SWUs), and a good sum of BXP1s. I like the alternative of choosing miles instead of SWUs, to reduce the likelihood of SWU spoilage.
Old Jan 17, 21, 4:06 pm

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
Current EXP

So if you are a current EXP with status expiring in 1/2022 do you get to make a choice or do you need to qualify in 2021 to have status through 1/2023.
Old Jan 17, 21, 7:50 pm

Nice perks. I wonder can we get both platinum pro bonus AND executive platinum when you cross the respective thresholds?

Also, I am curious about this benefit:

One-time 15% off award discount (rebate post travel)*

*15% off award discount will be applied post travel, for up to 2 passengers traveling round-trip anywhere on American Airlines, American Eagle®,
oneworld® airlines or partner airlines.

If you book 2 roundtrip business class tickets USA-Australia then this would net 80k * 4 = 320k points * .15 = 43k point savings? Am I interpreting that benefit correctly?
Old Jan 17, 21, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium/LTP (+UA Silver), National Exec Elite, mlife Noir
Originally Posted by eltoddo22 View Post
Nice perks. I wonder can we get both platinum pro bonus AND executive platinum when you cross the respective thresholds?
Yes.

If you book 2 roundtrip business class tickets USA-Australia then this would net 80k * 4 = 320k points * .15 = 43k point savings? Am I interpreting that benefit correctly?
48k but the idea is what counts
eltoddo22 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: