Wiki Posts
Search

Letsgetchecked.com over weekend

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2020, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: aa,ac,hh
Letsgetchecked.com over weekend

I have a PHX-HNL flight leaving 10:40 am on Tuesday. I had planned to take a Letsgetchecked test this morning at the 72 hour deadline. In the worse case scenario the results wouldn’t be received before the departure I may have a short quarantine in HNL waiting for final results.
Unfortunately the worse/worse case scenario has occurred with Thursday’s announcement by the State of Hawaii that the full 14 day quarantine must be served if results aren’t received by departure even if the COVID results are eventually received.
Does anyone have experience with Letsgetchecked over a weekend? I have alternatives (rerouting through DFW with a $250 quick results test) but I would like to know my chances of getting Letsgetchecked results by Tuesday morning. Also I expect there is going to be a plane load of passengers in PHX on Tuesday morning in a similar position.

Would appreciate any advice.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 10:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I am not seeing LetsGetChecked as a "Trusted Testing Partner." If that is correct, you will need to find a Partner appearing on Hawaii's accepted list. That does not answer your bottom line question on timing, but I would start by assuring that you are not wasting your time and money and then facing a 14-day quarantine no matter the result.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 10:13 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Lets Get Checked is an approved partner (by association with American Airlines) but in any case I think you have to be realistic. Testing over the weekend means you lose a day because UPS do not pick up or deliver on Sundays and have shorter hours on Saturday. Traveling on a Tuesday means that you can only test Saturday at the earliest. Even if you manage to get the test to UPS for their next day cut off on Saturday it wont be delivered to the lab until Monday morning, likely mid morning. To make your flight you would need to receive your results less than 24 hours after receipt at the lab. That is cutting it very fine. It is doable but unlikely with the current surge. So now you have to determine what will you did if you do not have the results in hand. Do the 14 day quarantine, reschedule at the last minute which will be more expensive, or cancel.

Living in PHX it will be difficult to find a same day connection via DFW that will give you enough time to test at DFW, even if the incoming flight is on time. I think there will be a lot of people scrambling to get tested in DFW on the day of the flight and therefore you could face long lines. These are strange times so maybe they would delay the fight in those circumstances if there are a lot of people waiting on results.

If it was me I would delay your flight to Thursday from PHX (because Wednesday travel has the same timing issues as Tuesday travel due to no UPS service on Sundays) or reroute to arrive in DFW the night before and test early the next morning at the DFW clinic.

You may also be able to reroute via LAX, they should have better connections for you. I believe Clarity is starting a rapid test service on Monday, 11/23 and I think they are Hawaii Trusted Partner but you would have to check that.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 10:53 am

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I had a bad experience with LetsGetChecked for a Costa Rica trip. I tested on Friday with an expected Saturday delivery (results by Monday morning), but the sample was lost and didn't arrive until Monday meaning I wasn't able to travel. I wouldn't use it over the weekend because there's no margin of error.

Bad experience with AA's pre-flight COVID testing
Old Nov 21, 2020, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: aa,ac,hh
Many thanks for the replies. I ended up rerouting myself with an overnight at DFW. In the end it didn't cost too much with the first class flight via DFW being $250 less than the nonstop. That made up somewhat for the $249 COVID rapid results fee at DFW.
Like I said I think there are going to be a lot of people on a 777 at PHX Tuesday morning who are going to get an unpleasant surprise.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
The Grand Hyatt has excellent rates for next week, about $160. A great hotel right on top of Terminal D.
jcatman and Gringa like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.