Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Phone Call from EXP Executive Liaison + Premium Services

Old Nov 19, 20, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier Elite

About two months ago I got a call from the Executive Liaison, I'm Executive Platinum and I had just started traveling again after a long COVID hiatus. The liaison had asked me how my recent travel experience was. I had said it was pretty good--honestly I don't remember everything I said, but I did mention that this was my first time going through the new head-house at LaGuardia Airport and that I found some of the signage confusing and had a hand time finding the old D gates.

I flew again a week ago on the first flight from LGA to DFW (then continuing on to HNL). I got a call from Premium Services when I was in an Uber about ten minutes from the airport. The caller let me know that the Admirals Club was open, she explained, turn-by-turn directions how to get there after security and offered to bring me food to the gate area if I didn't feel comfortable going into the lounge.

I was really impressed and thought it was worth sharing my experience. I don't know if these two calls are connected, but I thought maybe they put a note on my account.
Old Nov 19, 20, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite, mlife Noir
Originally Posted by donotblink View Post
About two months ago I got a call from the Executive Liaison, I'm Executive Platinum and I had just started traveling again after a long COVID hiatus. The liaison had asked me how my recent travel experience was. I had said it was pretty good--honestly I don't remember everything I said, but I did mention that this was my first time going through the new head-house at LaGuardia Airport and that I found some of the signage confusing and had a hand time finding the old D gates.

I flew again a week ago on the first flight from LGA to DFW (then continuing on to HNL). I got a call from Premium Services when I was in an Uber about ten minutes from the airport. The caller let me know that the Admirals Club was open, she explained, turn-by-turn directions how to get there after security and offered to bring me food to the gate area if I didn't feel comfortable going into the lounge.

I was really impressed and thought it was worth sharing my experience. I don't know if these two calls are connected, but I thought maybe they put a note on my account.
With minimal snark intended, my response would have been: "Wow, you're quite good at giving directions for simple tasks. Would you mind calling up the FAs on my flights and letting them know how to pour PDBs and bring refills?"
Old Nov 19, 20, 7:06 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by platbrownguy View Post
With minimal snark intended, my response would have been: "Wow, you're quite good at giving directions for simple tasks. Would you mind calling up the FAs on my flights and letting them know how to pour PDBs and bring refills?"
Why? Krappy FA's and Lousy GA's, were Krappy and Lousy in the good times. And even in these perilous times, and they managed to keep their jobs, they still just don't/won't get it, even right up to when they end up in the UNEMPLOYMENT line.

Yet, there are hundreds of thousands of unemployed people in America that would be be overjoyed to meet or exceed job requirements/expectations for a paycheck.

YMMV
cmd320 likes this.

Last edited by Dallas49er; Nov 19, 20 at 9:32 pm
Old Nov 20, 20, 5:03 pm

I'd just settle for them enforcing mask usage.
Old Nov 21, 20, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Dallas49er View Post
Why? Krappy FA's and Lousy GA's, were Krappy and Lousy in the good times. And even in these perilous times, and they managed to keep their jobs, they still just don't/won't get it, even right up to when they end up in the UNEMPLOYMENT line.

Yet, there are hundreds of thousands of unemployed people in America that would be be overjoyed to meet or exceed job requirements/expectations for a paycheck.

YMMV
You are right but unfortunately that's just not at AA. Very sad to see good hard-working people struggling to feed their families when we have beyond lazy FAs who take their jobs for granted.
Old Nov 21, 20, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite, UA Plat
They call me all the time lately, as I have been flying. Good service, they are trying.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 20, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Iíve had missed calls recently and the phone number listed on my phone literally said ďAmerican AirlinesĒ and not a phone number.....usually when the executive office has called me itís been from a TX phone number.

I didnít answer thinking it was spam because even reservations is usually showing up as a 1-800 number or something like that.
Old Nov 23, 20, 8:23 am
dw

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Spire Amb/Kimpton IC
Just a Plat Pro here with an AC membership but I have to say, the LGA AC staff has proactively texted me every time Iíve flown from LGA since I set foot back on a plane last summer. Just something like your flight is on time and thank you for flying with us today- but itís always been a nice touch. Especially when Iíve checked into the AC to receive a comment like, oh I just texted you.
donotblink and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Nov 23, 20, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: The Airline Run by Doug P
Originally Posted by AsiaTravel2019 View Post
They call me all the time lately, as I have been flying. Good service, they are trying.
I'm not getting any calls. Probably because they read this and see me with those silly pics of me holding an invisible PDB and said "eff him".
scoonee likes this.
Old Nov 23, 20, 10:29 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite, UA Plat
Originally Posted by enviroian View Post
I'm not getting any calls. Probably because they read this and see me with those silly pics of me holding an invisible PDB and said "eff him".
LOL their dialer is filtering calls based on these message boards 😂😂😂

Search this Thread
Search Engine: