Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA2681 PWM-CLT Seat Map Curiosity (A320 1C, D Blocked)

Old Nov 17, 20, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold,

Just looking at some potential flights to LAS for next Sept/Oct. AA2681 A320 PWM-CLT no matter what dates I check it shows Seats 1C,D Blocked/Unavail. ??? just a glitch? can't be that many FAMs flying out of PWM. again just a Curiosity that caught my eye RT
Old Nov 18, 20, 3:31 am

Programs: AA EP
Maybe best to just call AA.

Originally Posted by roadtriper View Post
Just looking at some potential flights to LAS for next Sept/Oct. AA2681 A320 PWM-CLT no matter what dates I check it shows Seats 1C,D Blocked/Unavail. ??? just a glitch? can't be that many FAMs flying out of PWM. again just a Curiosity that caught my eye RT
Old Nov 18, 20, 9:14 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Gobalist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Perhaps these are being blocked in advance for FA distancing? I don't recall if the jump seat up front on the A320 is a double jump seat, but if it is, this could be the reason so the FAs aren't sitting next to each other. (And if only one FA needs the jump seat, perhaps the blocked seats will be released at the gate? Just a theory...)

Similarly, you will see seats by door 2R on the A321 blocked next to the FA jump seat for FA distancing.
Old Nov 18, 20, 7:19 pm

Programs: Non-Rev, SkyMiles, Global Entry
IDK, I sat in 1B on an A320 back in August, ORD-PHL; was switched over to that flight after an IRROPS situation. Entire F cabin was full. Similarly on an upcoming A319 flight from DFW to BDL the entire front cabin was up for grabs when I booked it.
Old Nov 18, 20, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite, mlife Noir
Front row aisles have been blocked on a lot of my flights but then open up within 24 hours or so.
Old Nov 19, 20, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by platbrownguy View Post
Front row aisles have been blocked on a lot of my flights but then open up within 24 hours or so.
I've noticed that too. I think they attempt to keep those seats empty if the flight isn't otherwise full. However, if needed, the seats are opened up.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: