777-200 seatmap

Old Nov 9, 20, 9:24 pm
Formerly known as billinaz
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
777-200 seatmap

I'm finding conflicting information on the seatmap on a 777-200. I definitely don't want a seat facing rear.

Can anyone figure out if Dec 12 flight 2716 DFW-MCO has all forward facing seats or if some are rear facing?
Old Nov 9, 20, 9:58 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by SpaceCoastBill View Post
I'm finding conflicting information on the seatmap on a 777-200. I definitely don't want a seat facing rear.

Can anyone figure out if Dec 12 flight 2716 DFW-MCO has all forward facing seats or if some are rear facing?
Lots of information here:

Aircraft guide: Which 777-200ER / 772 / 777? (2019 on)

Not sure why you don't want a rear-facing seat if you happen to get an aircraft with the Zodiac Concept D seat configuration. On your flight, seat 1A is available. Although rear-facing, it's not connected to any other seat; private; and the front of the cabin is peaceful and quiet. If you get the Super Diamond seat configuration, even better since you will be facing forward.

Wow......Y seats on your flight for $38 one way Dallas to Orlando. That's cheaper than driving.
Old Nov 9, 20, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus

My understanding is when you are booking, the seats on the rear facing one shows notches on the rear facing seats.
On the one with all forward facing, it looks like a normal seating map.
Unfortunately, they can freely swapped prior to your flight as they have the same number of seats
Old Nov 9, 20, 11:51 pm

Programs: AA EP
On the 772 I thought they always showed front facing seats until about 2-3 days out when an aircraft is assigned. That is when the notches show up. Note this is only for the 772. Not sure how they are handling the new 788s since the new ones have front facing seats.

Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
My understanding is when you are booking, the seats on the rear facing one shows notches on the rear facing seats.
On the one with all forward facing, it looks like a normal seating map.
Unfortunately, they can freely swapped prior to your flight as they have the same number of seats
Old Nov 10, 20, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by jcatman View Post
Lots of information here:

Aircraft guide: Which 777-200ER / 772 / 777? (2019 on)

Not sure why you don't want a rear-facing seat if you happen to get an aircraft with the Zodiac Concept D seat configuration. On your flight, seat 1A is available. Although rear-facing, it's not connected to any other seat; private; and the front of the cabin is peaceful and quiet. If you get the Super Diamond seat configuration, even better since you will be facing forward.

Wow......Y seats on your flight for $38 one way Dallas to Orlando. That's cheaper than driving.

Traveling with the wife, so center seats it is.
Old Nov 10, 20, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier View Post
On the 772 I thought they always showed front facing seats until about 2-3 days out when an aircraft is assigned. That is when the notches show up. Note this is only for the 772. Not sure how they are handling the new 788s since the new ones have front facing seats.
Not always the case as AA often changes aircraft at the last minute. Just last month, MIA LAX MIA back when it was still 772 often changed on the day of departure from the super diamond configuration to the front/near alternating one.
Old Nov 11, 20, 12:27 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, MaÓtre-plongeur des Muccis

See Boeing 777 seating guide

The 772 can be switched model for model at any time up to a day or so prior to travel, and even after if thereís a mechanical, etc. requiring an aircraft substitution. Just FYI: there are 19 Zodiac 772s and 28 Super Diamond 772s. (Most 772s are in storage, according to the unofficial AA fleet site, and half of the 773s.)
Old Nov 11, 20, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Traveling with the wife, so center seats it is.
I think center seats in row 1 are the ones not having the extra "movement" with the zodiac seats
Old Nov 11, 20, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold

Unfortunately, you won't know the true configuration until about 24 hours before your flight.

If you really don't want a rear-facing seat, your best option is to book assuming you'll be on an aircraft that does have them and select seats that will face forward no matter the aircraft type.
Old Nov 11, 20, 10:12 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
I think center seats in row 1 are the ones not having the extra "movement" with the zodiac seats
Correct. OP opposed to rear-facing seats.
Old Nov 18, 20, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

I grabbed the 2 seats in row 4.
Old Nov 18, 20, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jcatman View Post
Correct. OP opposed to rear-facing seats.
Yes, I know but should understand the movement issue.
I have not been in the the Zodiac seats on the plane so I do not know how badly this movement is.
Old Nov 18, 20, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
Does anyone have suggestions on the best "socially distant" J seats? With the rear facing setup on zodiac aircraft, heads can be in close proximity to each other.

Seems like 1A, 1D+1H if couple, 7A, 7L, 10L are the way to go.
Old Nov 18, 20, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lrdpenn View Post
Does anyone have suggestions on the best "socially distant" J seats? With the rear facing setup on zodiac aircraft, heads can be in close proximity to each other.

Seems like 1A, 1D+1H if couple, 7A, 7L, 10L are the way to go.
My concern with 1DH as a couple is possible galley noise. Of course, as I have mentioned, I do not know how much the seat movement is in the other seats, to know which would be more bothersome.
I have switched my seating to row 4, but might go back to 1. But, now I am worried about legal problems since someone mentioned it was illegal to book a flight for someone without their permission
Old Nov 19, 20, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Yes, I know but should understand the movement issue.
I have not been in the the Zodiac seats on the plane so I do not know how badly this movement is.
Being that the OP is just flying DFW-MCO the shaking issue shouldnít be that bad. When youíre trying to sleep on a TATL red-eye itís a different story. Iíve flown domestic on this aircraft a number of times and itís manageable.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: