Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: NEWBIE LOUNGE EARLY 2020: Ask "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)

ARCHIVE: NEWBIE LOUNGE EARLY 2020: Ask "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)

Old Jan 23, 2020, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
Has anyone confirmed that the earliest expiring SWUs will be pulled first when they get applied to flights beyond 1/31?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
Originally Posted by Tommys888
Has anyone confirmed that the earliest expiring SWUs will be pulled first when they get applied to flights beyond 1/31?
Yes they pulled the expiring ones for me this month. I believe they always will pull the oldest ones first by default.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 2:42 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This has been confirmed a number of times.

If you have an SWU attached to a post-expiration trip that clears prior to the SWU expiration date, the system automatically pulls the earliest available SWU. It’s possible this consumer friendly loophole may be eliminated in the future, but it works now.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

I am very sure that I have a terrible score with AA so did not want to call AA to ask this question. Thank you both for answering the question.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, DL Plat (but not for long)
I am very sure that I have a terrible score with AA so did not want to call AA to ask this question.
Just out of curiosity what do you mean by this statement? Why would you have a terrible score with them?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:27 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I am very sure that I have a terrible score with AA so did not want to call AA to ask this question. Thank you both for answering the question.
Most recommend never asking an AA agent about this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KKinLA
Just out of curiosity what do you mean by this statement? Why would you have a terrible score with them?
Obviously I did not know, but the reason I think so is because that I usually qualify EXP with AA partner airlines, such as BA Cathay Finnair discounted biz class (they sometimes are deadly cheap). Since AA did not get the revenues, I think I am probably at the low end of all AA EXPs...
Old Jan 23, 2020, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Obviously I did not know, but the reason I think so is because that I usually qualify EXP with AA partner airlines, such as BA Cathay Finnair discounted biz class (they sometimes are deadly cheap). Since AA did not get the revenues, I think I am probably at the low end of all AA EXPs...
Whether you are a high profitability or low profitability EXP has no bearing this year on applying SWUs past their expiration date, and it has never had any bearing on whether you could call and ask.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 4:02 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
PDB before 6:30AM

Hi
Didn't know where else to ask 🤔 - here goes:
Sitting in domestic F and the FA comes around asking about PDBs. I ask for a bloody Mary. FA replies that AA policy is to not serve alcohol before 6:30AM (note that it is a before 6AM at the time). This is a new to me. Is what the FA said accurate?

Cheers
Old Jan 24, 2020, 8:02 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
For Admirals Club day passes (purchased with $ or BusinessExtraa points), does one have to be flying AA that day to use?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 8:46 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cblaisd
For Admirals Club day passes (purchased with $ or BusinessExtraa points), does one have to be flying AA that day to use?
Yes.

For details, see the one-day pass section here: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...lub-access.jsp
Old Jan 24, 2020, 8:54 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Not the answer I wanted, but thank you
Old Jan 24, 2020, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Question for the experts - I am flying with my fiance on AA (DFW to LHR) and BA (ticketed as AA - LHR to BLR). We are booked on 2 separate PNRs as our return dates are different. I am an AA EXP so I can reserve my seat on BA from LHR to BLR but my fiance cannot.

Is there a way to request either AA or BA to book seats for us together? So far my requests have been ignored unless I pay for it.

We are booked on PE. TIA.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by srikp
Question for the experts - I am flying with my fiance on AA (DFW to LHR) and BA (ticketed as AA - LHR to BLR). We are booked on 2 separate PNRs as our return dates are different. I am an AA EXP so I can reserve my seat on BA from LHR to BLR but my fiance cannot.

Is there a way to request either AA or BA to book seats for us together? So far my requests have been ignored unless I pay for it.

We are booked on PE. TIA.
Did you try calling BA?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Did you try calling BA?
Yes they said either pay or contact AA as it is ticketed through them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.