AA PHX-LHR flights??

Old Dec 10, 2020, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by N830MH
I remember when I chatted with pilots. They told me about the flights. They are always arrive in LHR early. Because the winds is pushing it through. How it did happens? I'm actually flew PHX-LHR before.
Eastbound flights to Europe always have tailwinds. In the winter months these are stronger. AA likely also pads the schedule heavily.
N830MH likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Actually, given that PHX is a leisure origin/destination, demand might return to this sort of flight faster than it will to the multiple AA flights previously operated to/from JFK.
You will be surprised to know this flight is actually a premium heavy flight. When BA was running their 747-400’s, Phoenix always received BA’s premium heavy version of 747-400. The reason is quite simple as this was the only flight from Phoenix to Europe. Compare this to a place like LAX where premium demand is split across the 20+ N/S routes to Europe. In fact, average BA fares out of Phoenix were generally always higher than out of LAX.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Mr.Peanut
You will be surprised to know this flight is actually a premium heavy flight. When BA was running their 747-400s, Phoenix always received BAs premium heavy version of 747-400. The reason is quite simple as this was the only flight from Phoenix to Europe. Compare this to a place like LAX where premium demand is split across the 20+ N/S routes to Europe. In fact, average BA fares out of Phoenix were generally always higher than out of LAX.
You are completely right about the passenger broad on this route.
However, I would like to add that BA/AA are not the only carriers operating from Phoenix to Europe. There is Condor as well that operates a few weekly flights to Frankfurt but as Condor is a low-cost carrier, BA attracted the high-revenue passengers who wish to Europe. Plus PHX being an AA hub also decreases the number who prefer to fly with UA/DL via another US city.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Mr.Peanut
You will be surprised to know this flight is actually a premium heavy flight. When BA was running their 747-400s, Phoenix always received BAs premium heavy version of 747-400. The reason is quite simple as this was the only flight from Phoenix to Europe. Compare this to a place like LAX where premium demand is split across the 20+ N/S routes to Europe. In fact, average BA fares out of Phoenix were generally always higher than out of LAX.
If only there were better lounge options at PHX, I wouldn't mind connecting there on the way to LHR/beyond. Until then, I'll continue to prefer LAX and the nice OW lounges there.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 9:06 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by econ
If only there were better lounge options at PHX, I wouldn't mind connecting there on the way to LHR/beyond. Until then, I'll continue to prefer LAX and the nice OW lounges there.
The Amex Centurion Lounge is certainly a very good improvement from the previous The Club
cmd320 and freeagent like this.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 8:42 pm

BA did have a nice First lounge within the BA club at PHX. BA switched to sub contractors and then they closed the entire lounge. If you were a movie star watcher this was the place to catch movie stars when BA had IROPS at LAX that involved First pax.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I hope they restart PHX-LHR on AA again. Let see what happens. I planning visit my brother for next year. I am not sure if AA will restart PHX-LHR flight.

I will be sit in premium economy class. If they have a available.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Unfortunately, AA PHX-LHR flight has pushed back to May 1, 2021. Due to COVID. UK airports is closed.

I can't go to Switzerland for next year. I'm sorry. I will see him in 2022.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 10:18 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Due to COVID. UK airports is closed.
Actually, even though travel is substantially down and many countries have closed their borders to passengers originating in the UK, LHR and other UK airports remain open.

Heathrow: Latest news
Heathrow remains open and operating safely

Following UK Government advice on 19 December 2020, if you are in a Tier 4 area, you should not be travelling unless it is legally permitted to do so. If youre in Tiers 1-3, you can still fly from Heathrow but should carefully consider whether you need to. More information on the restrictions can be found on the Government website.

If the country you are visiting has issued a travel ban for passengers from the UK, please contact your airline who can provide the latest information and advice regarding your flight. Please ensure you do this prior to coming to the airport. Parking bookings can be cancelled free of charge under the flexible parking cancellation policy.

Only our essential retail stores will remain open so you can continue to purchase items, however some stores are offering a pre-pay and collect service. Our Food and beverage outlets also remain open.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So...do you think restart PHX-LHR flight on May 1, 2021? If they relaxed the restrictions.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Both BA and AA is not operating their LHR-PHX route since mid-March 2020 ( when border restrictions started to hit ) and most likely it would be pushed again.

AA is currently flying from LHR to JFK ( x1 daily ), DFW ( x1 daily ), CLT ( x3 weekly ), and I would assume that routes like PHL & MIA which connects a significant amount of transfer pax would return before PHX, BOS, LAX, and RDU.
N830MH likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Unfortunately, AA PHX-LHR flight was delayed to Fall 2021. They pushed back to September or October. UK wont be reopened the borders. They wont resume until further notice.
Old May 25, 2021, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Is AA to resume PHX-LHR flight anytime soon? If they relaxed the restrictions. Hope they open the borders again.
Old May 25, 2021, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is AA to resume PHX-LHR flight anytime soon? If they relaxed the restrictions. Hope they open the borders again.
Scheduled to resume on 29 June and most likely to be postponed again.
N830MH and cmd320 like this.
Old May 25, 2021, 9:46 pm

Some us are hopping those 77W get moved to domestic routes.
cmd320 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.