Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

American Airlines wants to give tours of Boeing 737 Max at DFW and other locations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Airlines wants to give tours of Boeing 737 Max at DFW and other locations

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2020, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Many

AA told employees at an internal meeting last week that it will host a series of events after the 737 Max is recertified as the carrier eases the plane — and the minds of customers — back into service.
https://www.aviationpros.com/airline...rounding-nears
Old Oct 28, 2020, 3:58 pm

If I was a regular one time scared flyer and I saw legroom and lavs I would prob never want to fly Aa again. Also why would anyone want to see interior of the plane?
Old Oct 28, 2020, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gateH15
Also why would anyone want to see interior of the plane?
Cause you love everything airplane!

I was fortunate enough to snag an invite to the new livery launch and the 77W unveiling and it was wicked cool.
bscooter26 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius
Cause you love everything airplane!

I was fortunate enough to snag an invite to the new livery launch and the 77W unveiling and it was wicked cool.
ha I guess I meant why would you want to see oasis interior as a tour when they have been flying 737-800 for 1.5 years or so and it looks exactly like that inside
Antarius likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Yeah, if anything people touring this thing are even less likely to book on one after they see the slAAveship configuration.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by cmd320
Yeah, if anything people touring this thing are even less likely to book on one after they see the slAAveship configuration.
slAAveship, now that's clever! lol
Old Oct 29, 2020, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by fly747first
It's been used before.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fly747first
Haha, I can't take credit for that. It's been around for a loooong time. Used to be a very apt description of the A300.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 7:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
As much as I enjoy commercial aviation and planes, the 737 (of any version, but especially AA's version of the Max), is one of the ugliest and boring planes anyone has ever known (except for the shark teeth around the engines, that does add a certain flare).
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MarkOK
As much as I enjoy commercial aviation and planes, the 737 (of any version, but especially AA's version of the Max), is one of the ugliest and boring planes anyone has ever known (except for the shark teeth around the engines, that does add a certain flare).
It’s also one of the most miserable from a passenger perspective, including the F cabin.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 7:54 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
I'm not seeing the point of this. Interior tours that show the level of comfort have nothing to do with the safety of the aircraft type.
AndyPatterson likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by bchandler02
I'm not seeing the point of this. Interior tours that show the level of comfort have nothing to do with the safety of the aircraft type.
And nobody comparing the interior of this plane with other AA 737's is going to think it is an improvement
bchandler02 and DenverBrian like this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 10:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by bchandler02
I would bet all my money that a well-executed survey of first-time flyers would reveal a strong correlation between perceived comfort/cleanliness/newness of an aircraft's interior and perceived safety of the aircraft.
Antarius, bchandler02 and Spanish like this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 11:06 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
The once or twice a year flyer 99% of the time has no clue as to the a/c they are flying on and have no interest in knowing. If you're into flying you know what this a/c looks like and why would you want a "tour?"
Old Oct 29, 2020, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
The once or twice a year flyer 99% of the time has no clue as to the a/c they are flying on and have no interest in knowing. If you're into flying you know what this a/c looks like and why would you want a "tour?"
Should just offer them a tour of an Emirates Suite or Etihad Apartment, so they think that is the norm
Don't forget the showers, especially point out the heated floor on Emirates. And, the in air lounge.........
Do NOT take them back to Y. If you must, show them business class, and after seeing First, they might think that is economy
cmd320 and AndyPatterson like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.