Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

December 2020 schedule changes, including holiday suspensions (100k fewer flights)

December 2020 schedule changes, including holiday suspensions (100k fewer flights)

Old Oct 23, 20, 9:21 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New York City
Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier Elite
Posts: 1,816
December 2020 schedule changes, including holiday suspensions (100k fewer flights)

Is the December schedule change this weekend or next weekend?
donotblink is offline  
Old Oct 23, 20, 11:40 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 2,565
Bulk of November changes were loaded over weekend of 10/3 -- https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1452573. Doubt December changes will be loaded this weekend.
xliioper is offline  
Old Oct 25, 20, 4:23 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NYC, BOS
Programs: DL PM, UA PP, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold
Posts: 760
I was coincidentally looking for an ORD-LGA in late December and while the schedules haven't been culled, all the nonstops have the lower fare buckets closed out (just selling M for economy). The full range of fare buckets appear to be available thru 12/16 so either there's a schedule change coming or they're very clumsily trying to revenue manage around Christmas
SFTNYC is offline  
Old Oct 25, 20, 7:35 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New York City
Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier Elite
Posts: 1,816
Originally Posted by SFTNYC View Post
I was coincidentally looking for an ORD-LGA in late December and while the schedules haven't been culled, all the nonstops have the lower fare buckets closed out (just selling M for economy). The full range of fare buckets appear to be available thru 12/16 so either there's a schedule change coming or they're very clumsily trying to revenue manage around Christmas
i noticed this too, went from $79.10 to $104! Had a bunch on hold and pulled the trigger!
donotblink is offline  
Old Oct 25, 20, 11:05 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NOVA
Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Posts: 2,910
I have a trip that spans the end of November / beginning of December. My outbound changed in the last schedule change last month by a few hours and actually worked for my trip and there was no change to the return.

Now seeing this thread and since my return is December 1st I am thinking that maybe it still is at risk for a change next weekend. I looked at the flights on the 30th and they are much different than what is showing on the 2nd. If it happens I hope it is a pretty significant change as I am starting to think that we might not want to go due to covid (we booked in June when I thought it would be leveling off by thanksgiving).

It is no longer a 2hr schedule change but is now 4hr to cancel with a refund, right?
fwfdan is offline  
Old Oct 26, 20, 1:47 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New York City
Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier Elite
Posts: 1,816
Originally Posted by fwfdan View Post
I have a trip that spans the end of November / beginning of December. My outbound changed in the last schedule change last month by a few hours and actually worked for my trip and there was no change to the return.

Now seeing this thread and since my return is December 1st I am thinking that maybe it still is at risk for a change next weekend. I looked at the flights on the 30th and they are much different than what is showing on the 2nd. If it happens I hope it is a pretty significant change as I am starting to think that we might not want to go due to covid (we booked in June when I thought it would be leveling off by thanksgiving).

It is no longer a 2hr schedule change but is now 4hr to cancel with a refund, right?
is this all on one record or two?
donotblink is offline  
Old Oct 26, 20, 10:06 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NOVA
Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Posts: 2,910
Originally Posted by donotblink View Post
is this all on one record or two?
It is all in one record. It appears there is no schedule change for the return but that is December 1. So my real question is when they do the monthly schedule changes does it tend to be a full month, so the last one (end of September) was Nov 1 - Nov 30, and for a Dec 1 flight is subject to the "normal" December schedule changes done the last weekend in October.

Not a big deal - just saw this thread and it got me thinking about how they do the "monthly" schedule changes. I have a feeling it might be next weekend that December 1 changes are released, though that does not mean there will be one.
fwfdan is offline  
Old Oct 26, 20, 11:16 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New York City
Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier Elite
Posts: 1,816
Originally Posted by fwfdan View Post
It is all in one record. It appears there is no schedule change for the return but that is December 1. So my real question is when they do the monthly schedule changes does it tend to be a full month, so the last one (end of September) was Nov 1 - Nov 30, and for a Dec 1 flight is subject to the "normal" December schedule changes done the last weekend in October.

Not a big deal - just saw this thread and it got me thinking about how they do the "monthly" schedule changes. I have a feeling it might be next weekend that December 1 changes are released, though that does not mean there will be one.
Sounds like you alert had a major schedule change on the outbound, which could make both your outbound and return refundable as it's all one on ticket.
donotblink is offline  
Old Oct 26, 20, 11:19 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NOVA
Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Posts: 2,910
Originally Posted by donotblink View Post
Sounds like you alert had a major schedule change on the outbound, which could make both your outbound and return refundable as it's all one on ticket.
Not enough of a change for cancelling (1hr 59 minutes!)
fwfdan is offline  
Old Oct 28, 20, 1:27 pm
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New York City
Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier Elite
Posts: 1,816
Originally Posted by SFTNYC View Post
I was coincidentally looking for an ORD-LGA in late December and while the schedules haven't been culled, all the nonstops have the lower fare buckets closed out (just selling M for economy). The full range of fare buckets appear to be available thru 12/16 so either there's a schedule change coming or they're very clumsily trying to revenue manage around Christmas
These have been restored. N inventory is available again for most flights.
donotblink is offline  
Old Oct 30, 20, 9:44 am
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East Coast
Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Posts: 10,290
Originally Posted by fwfdan View Post
Not enough of a change for cancelling (1hr 59 minutes!)
You can still cancel without penalty but if you rebook and the new fare is higher, AA will collect the difference
fly747first is offline  
Old Oct 30, 20, 9:48 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NYC, BOS
Programs: DL PM, UA PP, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold
Posts: 760
Originally Posted by donotblink View Post
These have been restored. N inventory is available again for most flights.
I don't think so - still in there as only M class available on the days I'm looking (12/22-23) with the full schedule (but N is available on a variety of connecting itineraries which is odd). I'll see what it looks like after this weekend when I assume schedule changes will go in.
SFTNYC is offline  
Old Oct 30, 20, 2:54 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NOVA
Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Posts: 2,910
Originally Posted by fly747first View Post
You can still cancel without penalty but if you rebook and the new fare is higher, AA will collect the difference
Thanks - we are thinking just want to cancel and get our money back so hoping for a big enough schedule change this weekend to be able to do that. In June we somehow thought that it would be OK to travel / visit family in November and now we are not really sure when that is going to be true.
fwfdan is offline  
Old Nov 1, 20, 1:33 am
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New York City
Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier Elite
Posts: 1,816
I'm seeing JFK -> CUN goes to a daily 777-200!
wrp96 and Air Houston like this.
donotblink is offline  
Old Nov 1, 20, 1:36 am
  #15  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New York City
Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier Elite
Posts: 1,816
LAX -> HNL has been upgaged to a 787, but the frequency is down to 1x daily. The premium y cabin is being sold as y!
donotblink is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: