Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

December 2020 schedule changes, including holiday suspensions (100k fewer flights)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

December 2020 schedule changes, including holiday suspensions (100k fewer flights)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2020, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite

Is the December schedule change this weekend or next weekend?
Old Oct 23, 2020, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bulk of November changes were loaded over weekend of 10/3 -- https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1452573. Doubt December changes will be loaded this weekend.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
I was coincidentally looking for an ORD-LGA in late December and while the schedules haven't been culled, all the nonstops have the lower fare buckets closed out (just selling M for economy). The full range of fare buckets appear to be available thru 12/16 so either there's a schedule change coming or they're very clumsily trying to revenue manage around Christmas
Old Oct 25, 2020, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by SFTNYC
I was coincidentally looking for an ORD-LGA in late December and while the schedules haven't been culled, all the nonstops have the lower fare buckets closed out (just selling M for economy). The full range of fare buckets appear to be available thru 12/16 so either there's a schedule change coming or they're very clumsily trying to revenue manage around Christmas
i noticed this too, went from $79.10 to $104! Had a bunch on hold and pulled the trigger!
Old Oct 25, 2020, 10:05 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
I have a trip that spans the end of November / beginning of December. My outbound changed in the last schedule change last month by a few hours and actually worked for my trip and there was no change to the return.

Now seeing this thread and since my return is December 1st I am thinking that maybe it still is at risk for a change next weekend. I looked at the flights on the 30th and they are much different than what is showing on the 2nd. If it happens I hope it is a pretty significant change as I am starting to think that we might not want to go due to covid (we booked in June when I thought it would be leveling off by thanksgiving).

It is no longer a 2hr schedule change but is now 4hr to cancel with a refund, right?
Old Oct 26, 2020, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fwfdan
I have a trip that spans the end of November / beginning of December. My outbound changed in the last schedule change last month by a few hours and actually worked for my trip and there was no change to the return.

Now seeing this thread and since my return is December 1st I am thinking that maybe it still is at risk for a change next weekend. I looked at the flights on the 30th and they are much different than what is showing on the 2nd. If it happens I hope it is a pretty significant change as I am starting to think that we might not want to go due to covid (we booked in June when I thought it would be leveling off by thanksgiving).

It is no longer a 2hr schedule change but is now 4hr to cancel with a refund, right?
is this all on one record or two?
Old Oct 26, 2020, 9:06 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by donotblink
is this all on one record or two?
It is all in one record. It appears there is no schedule change for the return but that is December 1. So my real question is when they do the monthly schedule changes does it tend to be a full month, so the last one (end of September) was Nov 1 - Nov 30, and for a Dec 1 flight is subject to the "normal" December schedule changes done the last weekend in October.

Not a big deal - just saw this thread and it got me thinking about how they do the "monthly" schedule changes. I have a feeling it might be next weekend that December 1 changes are released, though that does not mean there will be one.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 10:16 am
Original Poster

It is all in one record. It appears there is no schedule change for the return but that is December 1. So my real question is when they do the monthly schedule changes does it tend to be a full month, so the last one (end of September) was Nov 1 - Nov 30, and for a Dec 1 flight is subject to the "normal" December schedule changes done the last weekend in October.

Not a big deal - just saw this thread and it got me thinking about how they do the "monthly" schedule changes. I have a feeling it might be next weekend that December 1 changes are released, though that does not mean there will be one.
Sounds like you alert had a major schedule change on the outbound, which could make both your outbound and return refundable as it's all one on ticket.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 10:19 am

Sounds like you alert had a major schedule change on the outbound, which could make both your outbound and return refundable as it's all one on ticket.
Not enough of a change for cancelling (1hr 59 minutes!)
Old Oct 28, 2020, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFTNYC
These have been restored. N inventory is available again for most flights.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Not enough of a change for cancelling (1hr 59 minutes!)
You can still cancel without penalty but if you rebook and the new fare is higher, AA will collect the difference
Old Oct 30, 2020, 8:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
These have been restored. N inventory is available again for most flights.
I don't think so - still in there as only M class available on the days I'm looking (12/22-23) with the full schedule (but N is available on a variety of connecting itineraries which is odd). I'll see what it looks like after this weekend when I assume schedule changes will go in.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first
You can still cancel without penalty but if you rebook and the new fare is higher, AA will collect the difference
Thanks - we are thinking just want to cancel and get our money back so hoping for a big enough schedule change this weekend to be able to do that. In June we somehow thought that it would be OK to travel / visit family in November and now we are not really sure when that is going to be true.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 12:33 am
Original Poster

I'm seeing JFK -> CUN goes to a daily 777-200!
wrp96 and Air Houston like this.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 12:36 am
Original Poster

LAX -> HNL has been upgaged to a 787, but the frequency is down to 1x daily. The premium y cabin is being sold as y!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.