Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA SWU Cleared - But Still shows as “Requested”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2020, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist

This is probably nothing but I booked JFK-LAX-PHX in Y and applied SWU. We’re in the J cabin on JFK-LAX but my upgrade status shows as “requested”. Usually it says cleared. Is this just a technical error or is there any chance it would might double upgrade me to F?
Old Oct 12, 2020, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Andrew Yang
This is probably nothing but I booked JFK-LAX-PHX in Y and applied SWU. We’re in the J cabin on JFK-LAX but my upgrade status shows as “requested”. Usually it says cleared. Is this just a technical error or is there any chance it would might double upgrade me to F?
Most likely a glitch. I get all kinds of strange stuff displayed there from Not Applicable, to Contact AA to Requested that doesn't correspond to my actual upgrade.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
When is your flight? I'm wondering if the system is confused with the change from the A321T to 772 on that route.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
My flight is this Friday! It’s on an A321T for sure, and not the 777. I’m happy we are already in J (there was C space when I booked), so I guess no need for a further upgrade.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
I had the same for a couple of days - then it changed to confirmed. Was also upgraded before ticketing
Old Oct 17, 2020, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I’d call. I would want to be caught in the middle of a faulty processed upgrade.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 6:21 pm

Two possibilities:

1- Are you in F from LAX-PHX? If that segment hasn't cleared, it will still show as requested.

2- Once a SWU clears it needs to be reticketed. Sometimes this happens on its own, sometimes it takes manual intervention. If it doesn't reconcile two days before your flight, I'd call, otherwise you won't be able to check in on line.

Enjoy your flight!
AAExecPlatFlier likes this.

Last edited by MIAFlyer; Oct 20, 2020 at 1:33 pm Reason: autocorrect gave me "reticle" instead of reconcile.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by MIAFlyer
Two possibilities:

1- Are you in F from LAX-PHX? If that segment hasn't cleared, it will still show as requested.

2- Once a SWU clears it needs to be reticketed. Sometimes this happens on its own, sometimes it takes manual intervention. If it doesn't reticle this two days before your flight, I'd call, otherwise you won't be able to check in on line.

Enjoy your flight!
Same thing happened to me over a month ago. I requested miles plus copay upgrade on 2 one way tickets. Both cleared ahead of time and I got miles deducted and my CC charged. But only one was showing as Confirmed and the other one was showing requested. I had no problem at the airport whatsoever. Must be a glitch and I would not worry about it
Old Oct 19, 2020, 5:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by beachfan
I’d call. I would want to be caught in the middle of a faulty processed upgrade.
This. Definitely call to make sure you are fully. Ticketed. This happened to me recently. Was told some glitched held up the ticketing process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.