Did AA Just Drop LAX To HND/NRT ?

Old Sep 6, 2022, 9:55 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by Raralith
Woah, my wife and I were about to do the same except for February 2023, but we didn't have a plan if Japan didn't fully open by then. May I ask what your plan is if Japan doesn't open by March? Book new tickets somewhere else and roll the SWU's?
I honestly dont have a backup plan.

I guess I like to live dangerously.haha
Old Sep 6, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by dw
so hopefully AA will run the flight for the transfer traffic even if Japan is still not fully open.
I hope LAX-HND returns, too, but a quick look at a few dates in November shows wide-open seat maps. Unless I picked outlier dates, AA will be losing big money flying almost-empty planes.
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 5:56 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
I will likely have connections before and after that would make AA169 crucial to my itinerary, hence my question. I have no doubts AA would be willing to rebook or reroute me, but it would make my itinerary quite inconvenient.
JL just updated their schedules through the end of the year, and for transit traffic to some SE Asian cities, the connection times at HND are indeed going to be quite extensive without some of the AA LAX-HND frequencies
355F1 and ernestnywang like this.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 7:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Raralith
Woah, my wife and I were about to do the same except for February 2023, but we didn't have a plan if Japan didn't fully open by then. May I ask what your plan is if Japan doesn't open by March? Book new tickets somewhere else and roll the SWU's?
You do know, don't you, that tourists from the USA are no longer required to be part of an organized guided tour group? There are still some steps you're required to follow, but you can travel independently now. Check details in the Japan destination forum, where there's a very active thread discussing these very recent changes.
355F1, wrp96, Raralith and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You do know, don't you, that tourists from the USA are no longer required to be part of an organized guided tour group? There are still some steps you're required to follow, but you can travel independently now. Check details in the Japan destination forum, where there's a very active thread discussing these very recent changes.
Holy smokes, thank you so much! Looks like we'll be doing a LOT of reading on the EFRS thread as we really wanted to go to Tokyo.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 6:28 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by js1993
I hope LAX-HND returns, too, but a quick look at a few dates in November shows wide-open seat maps. Unless I picked outlier dates, AA will be losing big money flying almost-empty planes.
I found out AA adjusted the schedule of AA169/LAXHND in early Nov. by a few min. in late Aug. Given they bothered with that, I hope they plan to operate it.
dw likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 2:05 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
LAX-HND is listed on p. 2, p. 3, and the last page of https://www.aacargo.com/downloads/sc...le_v3_2022.pdf. The resumption should be confirmed then.
renila likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 5:39 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
LAX-HND is listed on p. 2, p. 3, and the last page of https://www.aacargo.com/downloads/sc...le_v3_2022.pdf. The resumption should be confirmed then.
I am leaving March 1 for retirement vacation. It looks like Japan will open up completely soon.
355F1 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 12:42 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Look like Japan is reopening without tour groups/arrival caps October 11, 2022!

​​​​​​https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...order-opening/
dw likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I have an LAX-HND-BKK/SIN-HND-LAX trip during Thanksgiving week. Has been booked for ages.
With the news of Japan opening up, my 5hr layover at HND on the way to BKK may now mean a quick ride into town - at 5am...just because I can!
FlyerBeek and 355F1 like this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 9:28 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by oskibear
i have an lax-hnd-bkk/sin-hnd-lax trip during thanksgiving week. Has been booked for ages.
With the news of japan opening up, my 5hr layover at hnd on the way to bkk may now mean a quick ride into town - at 5am...just because i can!
Eat all the sushi!
OskiBear likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.