Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

GUIDE: New SFO Admirals Club open (Terminal 1 @ B13, as of 6 Oct 2020)

Old Oct 7, 2020, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
Editing required in archived thread — see bottom of Wiki.

The new San Francisco International Airport - SFO Admirals Club in Terminal 1 (near Gate B13) opened 6 October 2020 (with some Covid-19 imposed restrictions).

Link to AA SFO Admirals Club page

Link to FlySFO SFO Admirals Club page

Terminal 1 near Gate B13

Hours: every day from 5 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (subject to change)

NOTE: Due to Covid-19, some services are not currently available, or may be restricted. E.g. the bar area has no bar stools / counter seating; the Children’s Center is closed; capacity is restricted by 50% to allow distancing. Greeters are behind Plexiglass shielding, there are markers for people to stand on to maintain distancing, masks are required other than when consuming food or beverages, hand sanitizer is on hand throughout. Foodstuffs are restricted in some cases.
  • Some flights will be available for direct boarding from the Club*
  • Bar and food area** (Avocado toast am, guacamole pm)
  • Tables and chairs in the dining area
  • Comfortable airport view reclining chairs
  • Four chaise longues in a quiet area for resting
  • Two shower rooms
  • A Universal Studios-themed children’s play area***
  • Business Center with two private rooms for cell phone calls
  • A six person Conference Room is available to rent***
  • Complimentary WiFi (password required)
  • A/C and USB charging ports (location and number to be confirmed)
* According to San Francisco Chronicle article
** No buffet, prepackaged items and served items
*** Not currently available due to Covid-19 restrictions

Link to archived thread about Admirals Club in Terminal 2 (April 2011- March 2020) [Final added link in archived thread needs to be edited to redirect back to this one.]

Hat tip to billgrates3 for the heads up.

Print Wikipost

GUIDE: New SFO Admirals Club open (Terminal 1 @ B13, as of 6 Oct 2020)

Old Feb 25, 2022, 6:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
Because showering alone for 5 minutes apparently presents greater covid risk than spending 5 hours in a narrow metal tube with 219 other passengers
Unfortunately, I think the "new new" logic for all these things is now... because "staffing"

Regards
Old Apr 7, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro
When the SFO club reopened there had been some talk that select flights would board directly from the club. Does anyone know if this is actually the case and if so, which flights do so?
Old Apr 7, 2022, 10:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by DCAAlex
When the SFO club reopened there had been some talk that select flights would board directly from the club. Does anyone know if this is actually the case and if so, which flights do so?
I remember reading that somewhere also.

However, the gates on each end of the lounge, which I believe are also supposed to be widebody capable, aren’t operational yet.
SPN Lifer, Kacee and DCAAlex like this.
Old May 30, 2022, 11:16 am

Programs: AA, Marriott
I finally made it out. This is my first Admirals Club visit since the pandemic started and the T1 move so my expectations might be out of whack, but I enjoyed it.
  • It's nice having a new terminal, but the walk to the terminal, lounge, and gate from Airtrain is definitely farther than the old T2 walk.
  • Many windows facing the runway in the lounge, though not many planes to see. Many seats of all kinds with power.
  • Was pleasantly surprised by the food, both the credit card-sponsored avocado toast but also self-serve regular scrambled eggs and fruit. All I remember from the past was nut dispensers, soup, and carrot sticks. This wasn't really a full meal but it was enough that I'm not sure I'd make the trek to T3 Centurion just for food, especially now that it's not just a short ride/walk away.
  • A line for the cappuccino machine.
  • I like that the QR code bar menu is clear now about what drinks are free and which cost money. And it's nice having a written description of the wine beyond the verbal "white" and "red". The well whiskey was Evan Williams, which is what I drink at home, and I wasn't sure whether to be happy about that or offended.
  • As others mentioned, the tree made it. The great lounge employees made it too.
Old May 30, 2022, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Wayne Kao
  • Many windows facing the runway in the lounge, though not many planes to see. Many seats of all kinds with power.
Assuming you mean the tarmac since none of the windows face the actual runways.

But yeah, I’ve pretty much only see whatever widebodies happen to be parked on the east side of Intl A (if any) and the occasional B6 plane that uses one of the gates near security.
Kacee likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 4:21 pm

Good point, I didn't look very closely but maybe that's why there weren't many planes out the windows.
Old May 30, 2022, 5:13 pm

Good point, I didn't look very closely but maybe that's why there weren't many planes out the windows.
Should be slightly more interesting if the gates nearest the lounge ever start being used.

As for food, noticed they had a make your own taco station last time I was there in the afternoon.
Old May 30, 2022, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by econ
As for food, noticed they had a make your own taco station last time I was there in the afternoon.
Nice, happy they've upped their game on food!
Old May 30, 2022, 6:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by econ
Should be slightly more interesting if the gates nearest the lounge ever start being used.
Arrived at B15 from PHX recently. Definitely preferred to the usual B23.

But views will never compare to the old AC in T2.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Arrived at B15 from PHX recently. Definitely preferred to the usual B23.
Good to hear those gates are beginning to be utilized. In fact, I noticed an HA A330 departed from B11 (the parking spot closest to the lounge) this morning.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 10:34 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
  • As others mentioned, the tree made it. The great lounge employees made it too.

been in this lounge like 20 times since late 2021 and always gravitate to the bar area 🙄. I have yet to see the tree, I guess I need to explore the lounge more 🤦‍♂️
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 2:17 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Any special/upgraded AC section/amenities for FC transcon?

Last edited by fmkgb; Jul 11, 2022 at 2:16 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.