Wiki Posts
Search

EQD from AAdvantage Aviator World Elite

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2020, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines EXP
EQD from AAdvantage Aviator World Elite

Hello everyone, I want to please inquire if anyone who possesses the AAdvantage Aviator World Elite credit card has received their proper 3,000 EQD credit after $50K spend this year? I am trying to determine if such spend will take care of my remaining EQD requirement for EXP requalification. Thank you.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 9:12 am

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; JX: Explorer; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
If you have the Aviator Silver, or the Aviator Business, these both have 3,000 EQD opportunities. I am awaiting my 3,000 to hit my account, as well. They typically show up on the tenth of the following month in your AA stats. Not sure when Barclays takes the snapshot - I hit mine 9/08/20 and it did not make it in the 9/10/20. Whether these EQD count in the rolling 12-month EQD for priority for upgrades is a question I still have.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by JuliusFlies666
Hello everyone, I want to please inquire if anyone who possesses the AAdvantage Aviator World Elite credit card has received their proper 3,000 EQD credit after $50K spend this year? I am trying to determine if such spend will take care of my remaining EQD requirement for EXP requalification. Thank you.
If you're already EXP, you don't need ANYTHING to requalify for EXP due to COVID.
Everyone's 2020 status was extended for free another year thru Jan 2022. The only thing your 3k of EQD from Barclays will do is put you a fraction higher on the upgrade list among all the other ExecPlats. But you don't need to requalify, you already have it another year.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...am-updates.jsp
Current AAdvantage Status Extension Thru 31 Jan 2022 & Program Updates
Old Oct 7, 2020, 11:42 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
If you're already EXP, you don't need ANYTHING to requalify for EXP due to COVID.
Everyone's 2020 status was extended for free another year thru Jan 2022. The only thing your 3k of EQD from Barclays will do is put you a fraction higher on the upgrade list among all the other ExecPlats. But you don't need to requalify, you already have it another year.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...am-updates.jsp
Current AAdvantage Status Extension Thru 31 Jan 2022 & Program Updates
This is misleading, by meeting the modified requirements, you'd get the SWUs.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by donotblink
This is misleading, by meeting the modified requirements, you'd get the SWUs.
The person's status has been extended for 2021. They'll remain Exec Plat.
Certainly by earning it again there are certain things they'll get, but they don't need to requalify and they'll still be ExPlat with or without spending another nickel.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 11:52 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
The person's status has been extended for 2021. They'll remain Exec Plat.
Certainly by earning it again there are certain things they'll get, but they don't need to requalify and they'll still be ExPlat with or without spending another nickel.
While true, you said this: "The only thing your 3k of EQD from Barclays will do is put you a fraction higher on the upgrade list among all the other ExecPlats.", my Barclaycard $3k are helping me reach 4 SWUs because I'm already spending about $6k on airfare anyway.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines EXP
Thank you very much for the replies, everyone. I do indeed have the Aviator Silver and was primarily interested in earning the new SWUs. It will be encouraging if others report that their 3,000 EQDs were deposited properly. Thank you.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 11:21 am

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
My wife signed up for the Aviator Business card earlier this year. We received our 3K EQDs last month; not sure exactly when we crossed the spend threshold.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 11:34 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum / Hilton Diamond / MGM Gold
Yes, I received my $3k EQDs and my 10,000 EQMs. There was a delay but they did show up within a couple of weeks. I am not sure, maybe someone can clarify but I suspect they appear at the end of our Barclay Aviator Silver statement end date.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 5:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Admittedly this is a very minor complaint in the scheme of things, but... has anyone else noticed that while it takes 4-8 weeks for the Aviator EQDs to post (perfectly within the T&Cs) the AAdvantage posting date shows the date the CC spend threshold was actually reached. Presumably this results in a 4-8 week loss within the 12-month rolling EQD calculation AA uses to determine upgrade priority (within elite tier). Wouldn't it be better if the EQD posting date actually matched that date the EQDs posted to the account (and not the retroactive date the CC spend was achieved)?

-FlyerBeek

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.