new schedules loading this weekend?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2020, 3:36 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
new schedules loading this weekend?

I ask the question in my topic line because I'm finding big changes in Thanksgiving time flight options versus what I saw just 2 days ago. Flight 6009 PHL-AVL on 11/25 is gone(and on other days where it was previously scheduled to operate), yet on expert flyer is shows up when I do a timetable city pair search. However, even though I see PHL - AVL in those search results, the details show it is now going PHL - LEX. And, in fact, in aa.com when I search PHL-LEX, that flight is showing. So even EF is confused at the moment.

I also see zero flights between PHL - CLT on Thanksgiving day 11/25. There were more than a few nonstop flights on the schedule as of a few days ago as well. And, while I realize Thanksgiving is a slow day, it seems unconceivbale that AA would cancel all flights between their two hubs on that day.

I'm hoping there are changes in flux and things will shake out once the weekend is over.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Yep, I had 3 out of my 5 flights change on an itinerary in November. Most notably, a DFW-MIA flight changed from a 772 to a domestic config A321, so I changed to an earlier flight to secure the 772. It also appears my Oasis 738's changed to a non-oasis 738 on each flight, so that is at least good news!
Old Oct 4, 2020, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Yep, I had 3 out of my 5 flights change on an itinerary in November. Most notably, a DFW-MIA flight changed from a 772 to a domestic config A321, so I changed to an earlier flight to secure the 772. It also appears my Oasis 738's changed to a non-oasis 738 on each flight, so that is at least good news!
Oasis 737s are the worst; glad at least one of the changes benefitted you
UAPremierGuy and cmd320 like this.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
My afternoon LHR-DFW flight was nixed for Nov 28. I was reverted over to BA's "lunch box" service now. Oh wonderful.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by enviroian
My afternoon LHR-DFW flight was nixed for Nov 28. I was reverted over to BA's "lunch box" service now. Oh wonderful.
You can't wait a day until 11/29? The AA 77W is still operating LHR DFW nonstop that day
Old Oct 4, 2020, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Same! Some of my November flights got changed, included CDG-DFW-LGA into CDG-DFW-CLT-LGA with 47 minute-connection in DFW.

Update: got a voice-mail message this Monday morning from AA to inform me of the schedule change. They also said to call back if the updated schedule was not convenient for me.
No kidding!

Last edited by zip10001; Oct 5, 2020 at 5:40 pm Reason: update following call from AA.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 7:20 pm
RJ1

Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Same thing happened to me on a November LAX-DFW-LAX trip, originally on a 789. Thankfully my schedule is flexible and they still have the 789, just earlier in the day. Was able to switch back to the 789.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 7:27 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
It appears that they have gone back to doing the monthly schedule changes on the first Sunday of the month before. All of my November flights have changed, a couple dramatically. American has been very accommodating in giving me basically any schedule change I want. They have even changed the days for me when there was not a good solution on the original date of the flight. I found that the easiest way is to find the replacement flights that I want and use the chat function on the app. I get all my information ready and then copy and paste into the app, and it is usually fixed in a few minutes.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RJ1
Same thing happened to me on a November LAX-DFW-LAX trip, originally on a 789. Thankfully my schedule is flexible and they still have the 789, just earlier in the day. Was able to switch back to the 789.
Lucky... I have a 788 operating my upcoming DFW ORD flight and it isn't one of the new frames with the latest all-forward configuration
Old Oct 5, 2020, 4:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
My nonstop to DCA now has a stop in CLT. At least they put me in non-bulkhead window seats.

No phone call or email regarding the schedule change, that's really unprofessional.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 6:31 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Spanish
My nonstop to DCA now has a stop in CLT. At least they put me in non-bulkhead window seats.

No phone call or email regarding the schedule change, that's really unprofessional.
When is your flight? The email will come within several weeks of the departure date. I think they hold sending them in case there are further changes, minimizing the likelihood of multiple, conflicting emails sent over time.
Uzzar likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I had many AA flights cancelled this year on monthly schedule changes and I had never got a schedule change e-mail.
I always noticed it when checking my booking on MMB.

Plus for US domestic flights, after the major monthly schedule change ( for flights between 5-30 Nov, it happened this week ); except minor changes, schdeule changes do not happen that often. It generally sticks as it is.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 7:01 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
my trip on November has now changed 5 times since I first booked the ticket... 3 weeks ago..
Old Oct 5, 2020, 7:22 am

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
When is your flight? The email will come within several weeks of the departure date. I think they hold sending them in case there are further changes, minimizing the likelihood of multiple, conflicting emails sent over time.
​​​​​​Correct. AA sends them out on a queue from closest in to furthest out. You will generally get a schedule change notification around 30 days prior to departure. If you are expecting one immediately you will always be disappointed. This policy also prevents the phone lines from being slammed on every schedule change weekend.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 7:36 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
yep. looks like lots of consolidation going on. at least we moved from regionals to mainlines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.