FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVED: SWU / VIP Expiring by 31 Jan 2020 giveaway (NO ASK; terms & conditions) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2024154-archived-swu-vip-expiring-31-jan-2020-giveaway-no-ask-terms-conditions.html)

JDiver Sep 17, 2019 9:47 am

ARCHIVED: SWU / VIP Expiring by 31 Jan 2020 giveaway (NO ASK; terms & conditions)

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

NOTE: The “by 31 Jan 2021“ thread is here.

Please familiarize yourself with these ground rules. Posts that do not conform to these rules will be summarily deleted (without notice to the poster).

AA: "Upgrades are void if sold or advertised for sale for cash or other considerations. Members may designate another passenger to use their upgrades."
  • Asking for SWU here is not permitted! Donors will post here, and members are welcome to communicate via PM from there. If you don't see an open request, don't ask for one.
  • To comply with AAdvantage T&C, SWU must given freely, with no strings attached. Requests for money, trading for SWU with different expiry or another airline’s instruments, or any other consideration, whether in the clear or via PM, are not allowed.
  • Out of respect of our generous donors, please follow their instructions and contact them with the information they request.
  • Donors can ultimately make the choice of recipient (tenured/contributive member, longer flight itineraries, international vs. domestic, etc.).
  • Recipients are solely and entirely responsible for the payment of any fees or taxes associated with the use of a gifted SWU (e.g. United Kingdom Air Passenger Duty or French taxe de solidarité sur les billets d'avion).
  • This thread is NOT for the discussion of ethics, entitlement, or nomination of charities/groups as recipients. (Donating instruments for use in charity auctions or as prizes is prohibited by AAdvantage T&C.)
  • If anybody offers to sell, buy, barter or trade SWU by PM, please contact the moderators immediately, as this is a violation of AAdvantage and FlyerTalk rules. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.

For recent obsolete posts, please see ARCHIVE: Expiring SWU / VIP giveaway (strictly freely given): 2018 Edition (link).

Thanks everyone!

~AAdvantage forum Moderator team

madmexusa Sep 17, 2019 10:44 am

Please note that as of two years ago (I believe) SWUs are only valid until the end of January. From the AA Website, "Upgrades earned based on your 2018 flight activity are valid through January 31, 2020; upgrades earned based on your 2019 flight activity are valid through January 31, 2021." ... the title of the thread needs to be updated! :)

coxm Sep 18, 2019 3:36 pm

Thanks for starting for this year. I’ll most likely have a few to gift.

The CK desk said there was no way to “Secret Santa” SWUs any longer as some have done in the past.

FYI - the link to the prior thread is invalid.

SpammersAreScum Sep 19, 2019 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by coxm (Post 31539644)

The CK desk said there was no way to “Secret Santa” SWUs any longer as some have done in the past.

Wiki now fixed to use: ARCHIVE: Expiring SWU / VIP giveaway (strictly freely given): 2018 Edition

Tmichalk Oct 2, 2019 5:50 pm

SWU needed

I have an upcoming trip LAX to PVG Oct 17 with C award space available. Flying with a friend who has never left the US (or sat in biz class obviously lol) would be a real treat! If you have any extras it would be much appreciated!

AAEmpireState Nov 17, 2019 4:23 pm

Hi all! Anyone have an extra SWU that they’re not planning to use? We have an upcoming LHR-JFK with confirmable C class availability. Many thanks!

JonNYC Nov 17, 2019 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by AAEmpireState (Post 31747654)
Hi all! Anyone have an extra SWU that they’re not planning to use? We have an upcoming LHR-JFK with confirmable C class availability. Many thanks!

No soliciting

JDiver Nov 17, 2019 5:31 pm

A reminder soliciting SWU is not allowed; posts attempting such will be deleted summarily.

Please read the Wikipost at the top of the page before posting.

Thank you,

LBLB4499 Dec 4, 2019 7:37 am

Any gifters out there!?

Eric Rodriguez Dec 4, 2019 4:23 pm

❤️

thanks for starting for this year. I’ll most likely have a few to gift.

The ck desk said there was no way to “secret santa” swus any longer as some have done in the past.

Fyi - the link to the prior thread is invalid.

Nuhusky Dec 13, 2019 1:46 pm

I’m leaving AA for delta and I have three swu to give away

priority will be given to (in order)

1 active posters
2 international flights
3 long distance domestic (coast to coast)

requirements
1 swu upgrade must clear immediately
2 in dm provide all necessary flight details and confirmation of swu upgrade availability
3 be an active poster with a long distance flight

this is my Christmas gift to a few fellow road warriors

icec Dec 13, 2019 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Nuhusky (Post 31837201)

Mighty kind of you! I've got an upcoming int'l trip, but looks like no C space right now. Darn.

SeattleDavid Dec 13, 2019 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by madmexusa (Post 31534739)
Please note that as of two years ago (I believe) SWUs are only valid until the end of January. From the AA Website, "Upgrades earned based on your 2018 flight activity are valid through January 31, 2020; upgrades earned based on your 2019 flight activity are valid through January 31, 2021." ... the title of the thread needs to be updated! :)

Also note that AA have decided this year that exiting SWUs can be used after Jan 31, 2020 as long as they clear before Jan 31, 2020.

I don't know if this applies when gifting them, but it seems strange if not – but I have already managed to apply my last two to flights I am taking in February.

get0ffdanutzz Dec 14, 2019 4:24 pm

delete

get0ffdanutzz Dec 14, 2019 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by Nuhusky (Post 31837201)

priority will be given to (in order)

1 active posters
2 international flights
3 long distance domestic (coast to coast)

requirements
1 swu upgrade must clear immediately
2 in dm provide all necessary flight details and confirmation of swu upgrade availability
3 be an active poster with a long distance flight

this is my Christmas gift to a few fellow road warriors

So nice of you Nuhusky - Just sent you a DM with C7 for my HKG to LAX flight- Wow, love this community...