BNA Admirals Club WiFi password denied

Old Aug 20, 20, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
BNA Admirals Club WiFi password denied

OK, let's start with I realize this is a very, very, very minor issue. But hey, FT exists for this, right? 🤷🏼‍♂️

I am at BNA. Paid F ticket, QF Gold with Admirals club access. Of course the Admirals Club is closed. I get that, it's fine.

But the Admirals Club WiFi is still on and there is still a service desk. So I figure, I can't access the club but surely they'll let me jump on the WiFi.

Nope, they won't give me the code. I even offered my QF card so they could check me in and charge QF for lounge access. Nope.

I was nice and so was the agent, it isn't his fault that it is policy but seems awfully petty.

I googled it and got it anyway... So no harm to me but just wondering what reason AA would have for this. They didn't gain anything.

Now flame away at me for whinging
Old Aug 20, 20, 1:40 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
What is that WiFi password?

That BNA Admirals Club makes the best Bloody Mary cocktails.
Old Aug 20, 20, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
BNA airport has free WiFi in the terminal too.
writerguyfl and aztimm like this.
Old Aug 20, 20, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I had problems signing onto to AC wifi today at BNA and MIA. Seems as though there's an issue. I just used the free airport wifi instead.
Old Aug 20, 20, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by CPMaverick View Post
OK, let's start with I realize this is a very, very, very minor issue. But hey, FT exists for this, right? 🤷🏼‍♂️

I am at BNA. Paid F ticket, QF Gold with Admirals club access. Of course the Admirals Club is closed. I get that, it's fine.

But the Admirals Club WiFi is still on and there is still a service desk. So I figure, I can't access the club but surely they'll let me jump on the WiFi.

Nope, they won't give me the code. I even offered my QF card so they could check me in and charge QF for lounge access. Nope.

I was nice and so was the agent, it isn't his fault that it is policy but seems awfully petty.

I googled it and got it anyway... So no harm to me but just wondering what reason AA would have for this. They didn't gain anything.

Now flame away at me for whinging
The club is closed, so the services of the club are not available. Also, as someone noted, why not use the free internet at the airport?
There used to be a website with the codes, but I don't know if it still exists. There are codes for everything somewhere.
This week's Tuesday T-Mobile sandwich code for Dickey's BBQ was the same for everyone (bad idea) so it was blasted all over the internet. (A friend pointed it out on Reddit)
That made it very difficult for me to order my sandwich online yesterday. as the website was busy..... and, I legitimately got the code.

If you really want codes, this google map will help (AA lounges seem to share a common password)
https://foxnomad.com/2016/04/26/map-...ted-regularly/ links to the current map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...3758700115&z=5

Last edited by mvoight; Aug 20, 20 at 3:17 pm
Old Aug 20, 20, 4:05 pm

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Have any of these "service center" ACs in non-hub cities like BNA reopened yet? Makes me wonder if some of these will never open...
Old Aug 20, 20, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jcatman View Post
What is that WiFi password?
Morocco2020 (what a tease)

Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
The club is closed, so the services of the club are not available.
Yes, but it isn't completely closed. The service desk is open. The wifi is on and working (quite well). Why not let those eligible for the club use it? Cost to AA: $0 If they'd shut if off, I wouldn't have bothered with it, but it's there and it is being paid for already.

Originally Posted by AANYC1981 View Post
BNA airport has free WiFi in the terminal too.
Yes but the club wifi is much faster. And it was REALLY fast
bchandler02 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 20, 11:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM, LT Pt, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Morocco2020
Really surprised they would use that password as they canceled the inaugural flight to Casablanca, and, as far as I know have no plans to reinstate it in the future.
Old Aug 21, 20, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
<snipped>
<snipped>
You needed the WIFI password, to get to the internet, so you used the internet to get it.........And you think AA didn't make sense.
Old Aug 21, 20, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Here’s the updated password if the OP is still there.

noPDB4U2020
Old Aug 21, 20, 8:14 am

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/AUA/MIA/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by enviroian View Post

noPDB4U2020
noPDB4U4eva
Antarius likes this.
Old Aug 21, 20, 9:58 am

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Classic example of a short-sighted AA employee not having the judgment and common sense to do the right thing in the situation and/or AA running an operation where the ethos is such that employees feel like they'll get in trouble for using their judgment and common sense to do nice gestures for customers. Giving OP the WiFi code -- which is easily available on the internet -- would have cost literally nothing, and would have earned some goodwill.
AANYC1981, CPMaverick and Antarius like this.

Last edited by LAX_Esq; Aug 21, 20 at 10:13 am
Old Aug 21, 20, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
You needed the WIFI password, to get to the internet, so you used the internet to get it.........And you think AA didn't make sense.
Yes I used 50 KB of phone data so I could upload a 120 MB file over Wifi reliably. Senseless.

Originally Posted by enviroian View Post

noPDB4U2020
Antarius likes this.
Old Aug 21, 20, 11:09 am

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTT | IHG PLT| Hertz 5 Star | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Morocco2020 (what a tease)

Yes, but it isn't completely closed. The service desk is open. The wifi is on and working (quite well). Why not let those eligible for the club use it? Cost to AA: $0 If they'd shut if off, I wouldn't have bothered with it, but it's there and it is being paid for already.

Yes but the club wifi is much faster. And it was REALLY fast
"Seeing" the network doesn't necessarily mean it's connected to the internet--AA may have suspended clubs' customer-facing internet service but left the club's internal network and access points on for AA corporate and the club staff's use.
Old Aug 21, 20, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by AAir_head View Post
"Seeing" the network doesn't necessarily mean it's connected to the internet--AA may have suspended clubs' customer-facing internet service but left the club's internal network and access points on for AA corporate and the club staff's use.
Technically speaking that seems very unlikely. It is not easy for them to "disconnect" the Internet. Just to get to the login page you have to access the "Internet".
I doubt AA has an "internal network" that is completely separate from the Internet. They may want people to VPN to access certain things but that is not the same as not being connected to the Internet.
CPMaverick likes this.

Search this Thread