BNA Admirals Club WiFi password denied

Old Aug 21, 2020, 11:49 am

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Technically speaking that seems very unlikely. It is not easy for them to "disconnect" the Internet. Just to get to the login page you have to access the "Internet".
I doubt AA has an "internal network" that is completely separate from the Internet. They may want people to VPN to access certain things but that is not the same as not being connected to the Internet.
It depends on how their network is set up. In any case, connecting to a wi-fi access point doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to "the internet". The splash-page for sign-in may be locally-hosted and then allow external access only with valid credentials.

cheers!
Old Aug 21, 2020, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by AAir_head
"Seeing" the network doesn't necessarily mean it's connected to the internet--AA may have suspended clubs' customer-facing internet service but left the club's internal network and access points on for AA corporate and the club staff's use.
Did you not read the entire post?

It was working. I googled the password and used it. That's how I knew it was fast.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 11:53 am

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Did you not read the entire post?

It was working. I googled the password and used it.
Yep. Just mis-read that bit and took it as the public wifi.

cheers!
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Yes I used 50 KB of phone data so I could upload a 120 MB file over Wifi reliably. Senseless.

Why not simply use the airport WIFI? I have had faster speeds from BNA airport WIFI than from AC
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by AAir_head
"Seeing" the network doesn't necessarily mean it's connected to the internet--AA may have suspended clubs' customer-facing internet service but left the club's internal network and access points on for AA corporate and the club staff's use.
In fact that is exactly what happened. When all clubs were closed I could sit out at the gate area adjacent to the AC, log onto the wifi but would not be taken to the sign on page. In the past there were times in which I would log onto the AC wifi outside of the club waiting for it to open.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
In fact that is exactly what happened. When all clubs were closed I could sit out at the gate area adjacent to the AC, log onto the wifi but would not be taken to the sign on page. In the past there were times in which I would log onto the AC wifi outside of the club waiting for it to open.
You didn't log-in to the wifi. You tried to connect to the network. They have no wifi password. They have a log-in screen later.
CPMaverick likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.