Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Woman refuses to wear mask in flight refused PHX connect assaults GA

Woman refuses to wear mask in flight refused PHX connect assaults GA

Old Aug 13, 20, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Young women who refused to wear a masks during flight

Hi all,

I have heard the news this morning. She was refused to wear a masks during flight and inside the concourse. She was on the way PHX-:LAS, but she couldn't connecting her flight. She assaulted AA gate agents and the police arrested her. She was banned from American Airlines for pending further investigation. She just got off the flight in PHX. She came from LAX.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/pd-wom...e78e4f191.html
flyer4512 likes this.

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 14, 20 at 10:55 pm Reason: Restore original post title
Old Aug 13, 20, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
These type of incidents will become more common as time goes on. Southwest had to remover a 3year old + parents as they where unable to keep mask on the 3 year old as well. The part I don't get with the AA situation, is why you have to go around and hit the employee, they are doing their job and enforcing a rule that was recently established. We already have enough with what is going on, why add more.

After seeing the video, there are other things I could say, but it is more OMNI, stay safe.
Old Aug 13, 20, 3:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What is most interesting about this is that the FA's were able to flag her PNR so that she would be denied boarding on her connection. No idea how long her PHX connection was, but it appears that AA has institutionalized the system to deal with violators in short order. All the better. Fire them as customers immediately.

Hope this one gets a stiff sentence to send a message.
Old Aug 13, 20, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Not sure what else there is to be possibly discussed or talked about here other than OMNI.

Of all OMNI things that could be said, all I think to myself is...knowing the mask requirement, why set oneself up for a confrontation, banning and possible arrest like this?
Regardless of what one thinks about the mask or the mask requirement, why not just wear it and avoid problems?
trooper, Silver Fox and rickg523 like this.
Old Aug 13, 20, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carlosdca View Post
Not sure what else there is to be possibly discussed or talked about here other than OMNI.

Of all OMNI things that could be said, all I think to myself is...knowing the mask requirement, why set oneself up for a confrontation, banning and possible arrest like this?
Regardless of what one thinks about the mask or the mask requirement, why not just wear it and avoid problems?
Actually, she was arrested this morning. She was charged with an allegedly assaulted. She was banned flying from American Airlines for pending further investigation.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 20, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
She was banned flying from American Airlines for pending further investigation.
Something tells me the "investigation" will support the preliminary determination to ban
wrp96 and jhalapin like this.
Old Aug 13, 20, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Re: the title of this thread-- I'm just impressed that the OP considers someone 47 to be 'young'

"According to American Airlines, 47-year-old Yolanda Yarbrough was on Flight 2027..."
Old Aug 13, 20, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
My guess is that she is banned for multiple reasons. The mask alone is sufficient.
Old Aug 13, 20, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
What is most interesting about this is that the FA's were able to flag her PNR so that she would be denied boarding on her connection. No idea how long her PHX connection was, but it appears that AA has institutionalized the system to deal with violators in short order. All the better. Fire them as customers immediately.

Hope this one gets a stiff sentence to send a message.
This reprobate deserves everything that comes her way, but can we also immediately fire every idiot CSR who gives out blatantly false information?
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Aug 13, 20, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by LAX_Esq View Post
This reprobate deserves everything that comes her way, but can we also immediately fire every idiot CSR who gives out blatantly false information?
If only TSA could simply ban her from all flights, after a proper hearing, of course. And, i understand "innocent until proven guilty", but that applies to a legal definition not my thoughts
Old Aug 13, 20, 10:13 pm

At this point, the behavior is exhibited on video should be a red flag to the other airlines. They should use these incidents on their competitors to ban these customers from flying on them.
Old Aug 13, 20, 11:03 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Who goes from LAX to LAS with a connection in PHX? Did she need the miles?
Old Aug 13, 20, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
My guess is that she is banned for multiple reasons. The mask alone is sufficient.
Yes, she got banned for multiple time before. This is not first time! She was not listening to the flight crew instruction. They being told her to wear a mask. She's breaking the rules.

Originally Posted by Tanic View Post
Who goes from LAX to LAS with a connection in PHX? Did she need the miles?
No, she didn't take nonstop flight LAX to LAS. No, she do not have FF program.
Old Aug 13, 20, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
I don't get it. She is doing all that ranting and menacing while holding her mask in her hand. Make it make sense.
Old Aug 14, 20, 12:37 am

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
If only TSA could simply ban her from all flights, after a proper hearing, of course. And, i understand "innocent until proven guilty", but that applies to a legal definition not my thoughts
A government no-fly list, with proper due process protections, for people who have been convicted of actual crimes in connection with airports and airplanes would be a great idea to keep reprobates like this off the plane and deter others from pulling these sort of shenanigans.

Originally Posted by TheSkyGuy View Post
At this point, the behavior is exhibited on video should be a red flag to the other airlines. They should use these incidents on their competitors to ban these customers from flying on them.
Very dangerous slippery slope. Companies shouldn't be able to ban customers based on media reports. This sends us down the path toward a creepy Chinese social credit score world.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: