Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA introduces Flight Credit Wallet (Aug 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA introduces Flight Credit Wallet (Aug 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2020, 11:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
That’s for e-vouchers. I’m talking about travel credits. Please see the directions referenced above under the Travel Credits section.
I just saw the blue Add Flight Credit option when making a new booking earlier.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 12:57 am

Programs: Choice Hotels
I always see the blue "add flight credit" button too, but any time i use it to enter a credit it says rhere is an error and it doesnt work. This has happened on 3 different trips i have booked recently.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 10:48 am

Programs: JMB, Bonvoy, Hyatt
The new Trip Credit cannot be used when booking online and must be applied by calling reservations. I believe these are issued now in place of e-vouchers when changing to a cheaper flight. Flight Credit is only for applying the value of a cancelled ticket.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, DL Plat (but not for long)
That’s for e-vouchers. I’m talking about travel credits. Please see the directions referenced above under the Travel Credits section.
OK thanks. I always get the E-Vouchers because they can be used online very easily.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 1:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by KKinLA
OK thanks. I always get the E-Vouchers because they can be used online very easily.
Wait, you get to choose??
Old Sep 26, 2020, 3:33 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Could not use my future flight credit online today, but calling reservations was super easy and I had a new ticket booked in 5 minutes. The agent did say that it takes a few hours for the actual email confirmation to come in.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, DL Plat (but not for long)
Wait, you get to choose??
I make a point of making sure that is what I'm getting (assuming I am not eligible for a refund). I haven't had any circumstances where I am switching to a cheaper fare, though, so I don't know how that would have worked.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 7:10 am

Flight credit does expire 2/11/21. Thinking of trying to avoid wasting this $200 credit by booking something, but looking for advice. Could I :
- book the cheapest flight to anywhere and get the reminder of the flight credit redeposited to my wallet with a new, extended expiration date? Does AA do this? Even if I wasted the price of the flight to anywhere, I would salvage most of the flight credit; or
- book an itinerary I might actually take before the 2/11/21 expiration date and then try changing the flight to the end of May, when I’d like to fly. Is there a chance this would work?

Thanks
Old Oct 3, 2020, 9:04 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Book a fully refundable and cancel it?
Old Oct 8, 2020, 7:03 am

Will that work?
Old Oct 15, 2020, 12:48 am

Just spoke with AA - I have a Flight Credit due to expire very soon.
The CSR said that since the expiration date falls between March 2020 and December 2020, the expiration is extended to Dec 31 2021.
However my wallet still shows the original expiration date. Which one is it?
I certainly don't want to waste that credit, but also have no plans for travel in the near term and if the credit is extended until 12/21 I don't have to waste some $$ to get a cheap flight and a voucher for the balance.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 12:59 am

To confirm -- If I want to apply a "flight credit" towards a flight that costs less than the credit (e.g., $500 flight credit towards $200 flight), I get to keep the residual value for later use? Or is it a new flight credit? Or do I lose it entirely?

I find AA's webpage unclear here.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 5:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by nall
To confirm -- If I want to apply a "flight credit" towards a flight that costs less than the credit (e.g., $500 flight credit towards $200 flight), I get to keep the residual value for later use? Or is it a new flight credit? Or do I lose it entirely?

I find AA's webpage unclear here.
We had the same situation. Unfortunately the credit residual was issued to us in a paper voucher.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 6:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
credit for international flight

I got a flight credit from an international flight (US to Europe).
I was informed by the AA EXP desk that I could not use the flight credit on a domestic ticket. I would have to use an another trip US to Europe.

Any workaround?
Old Dec 14, 2020, 10:41 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
I was just looking at my flight credit in my wallet that shows an expiration date of 12/31/2021.. I swear (I think) when it was issued I was told it was ticket issue by that date and now I notice it says travel begin by that date. I thought they were ticket dates with these new credits and now they look like travel commence date too?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.