Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA introduces Flight Credit Wallet (Aug 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA introduces Flight Credit Wallet (Aug 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2020, 10:47 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
My trip credits only show up after refreshing the wallet 3-4 times, but they do eventually show up. Right now several are missing from the list, but maybe they'll get there eventually.
robertablake likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 10:57 am

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Originally Posted by FullFare
...When I looked at my AA account this AM, all my trips that had been cancelled were now tabulated and reclassified as "flight credit" with the record locators, ticket numbers, expiration of the credit, all data from the original ticketing, and a pathway to using the value of the credit to booking a new ticket.

Checked my wife's account, and they had hers all nailed down, too, with no omissions...
I saw the same yesterday when looking to book our first trip since January. Maybe I was doing it wrong, but ended up having to call AA Reservations to book our flights; when I got to the payment page there was not a way to apply flight credit.

I don’t anticipate booking another flight anytime soon, but am curious to know if on a credited itinerary for multiple passengers one can book them seamlessly online to a new itinerary using the flight credit link from the wallet. Has anyone had experience with this yet?

Cheers and happy travels!

PS: interestingly, AA reused the original record locator, even though we’re going to a different destination than the canceled flight.

Last edited by AAir_head; Aug 16, 2020 at 11:02 am Reason: More info added and clarified
Old Aug 16, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
I’ve got 3 flights in wallet, 1 with value and 2 have shown just dashes in value. None of them showing me any details when I click view details. Anyone have the same?
Old Aug 16, 2020, 6:42 pm

I’ve got two showing up from March — both of which AA couldn’t find when I called in by telephone two months ago. Glad to see they’re making things right.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, DL Plat (but not for long)
I don't see this at all

Under wallet I have Award Miles, 500 Mile Upgrades, Systemwide Upgrades, Your Preferred Payment Method and Coupons (with a random $400 discount on American Vacations). I have a credit for a canceled flight to Spain but it doesn't appear on this page at all.

It would be great if someone that has credits could take a screen capture of what it looks like.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 10:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KKinLA
I don't see this at all

Under wallet I have Award Miles, 500 Mile Upgrades, Systemwide Upgrades, Your Preferred Payment Method and Coupons (with a random $400 discount on American Vacations). I have a credit for a canceled flight to Spain but it doesn't appear on this page at all.

It would be great if someone that has credits could take a screen capture of what it looks like.
Wallet shows "Travel Credit"--when you click on it, this comes up with $ amount, ticket# and record locator.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 11:43 am

Roomate's doesn't show up, but that was an evoucher for flight cancelled in April 2020. So maybe it's only after a certain date that they show up?
Fortunately I saved the PDF and printed it out so I have the number.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by LHSEN
I’ve got 3 flights in wallet, 1 with value and 2 have shown just dashes in value. None of them showing me any details when I click view details. Anyone have the same?
I get an error message when I click on the View Details button on my credit. I'd like to see the details as I can't calculate/confirm whether or not all my vouchers/credits are all in the Wallet credit.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA PLT, IHG Spire
Hmm looks useful. Now if only I could get my two paper vouchers in there so I could actually use them....
Old Aug 17, 2020, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, DL Plat (but not for long)
Originally Posted by taxatty56
Wallet shows "Travel Credit"--when you click on it, this comes up with $ amount, ticket# and record locator.
Thanks. For some reason my account does not show that option and I know I have a credit.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 7:07 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
None of my cancelled flight credits appear...
Old Aug 19, 2020, 5:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by hurnik
Roomate's doesn't show up, but that was an evoucher for flight cancelled in April 2020. So maybe it's only after a certain date that they show up?
Fortunately I saved the PDF and printed it out so I have the number.
evoucher will not show. The credits in the wallet are only for the cancelled flight $ credits. If the credits were converted in evouchers, than they will not show.
hurnik likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 6:27 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
None of my cancelled flight credits appear...
A few days ago it only showed 3 of mine, and now it's up to 5.

Of course, that's assuming I can even see the credits option in my wallet. I have to refresh the page several times, both in the app and on the website, before it shows.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Global Entry
Well, this does not appear to work on either my account or my wife's. When I login I get a nice message which says "Have credits. View them in your wallet". When I click on Manage trips/check-in it gives me a link to View travel credits in your wallet. When I click on this link it takes me to my wallet and shows my award miles, 500 mile upgrades a request to add a credit card and a coupon for AA vacation credit. No travel credits even though I know I have one. Same with my wife's account and I know she has two credits. I have tried refreshing the page several times with no change. I have also tried a couple of different browsers with the same result. it is very frustrating that AA cannot get this to work on a consistent basis or even at all for me. I have emails from AA indicating the trip credits and amounts so I suppose I can call and use them but it would be nice if the showed up in my wallet.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 2:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Where can this be found? I have a pile of credits i’d like to use. Also an agent recently told me if the credit was for travel originating in the US it cannot be used for travel originating outside the US is that true? In this case I was trying to use the credit from a canceled JFK-LHR-JFK to book LHR-JFK-LHR. Thx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.