Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club / Lounges Serving Hot Food Again (Aug 2020)

Admirals Club / Lounges Serving Hot Food Again (Aug 2020)

Old Sep 28, 2020, 11:59 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by AAEmpireState
Yes, bar finally opened with some limited food, presumably more as hot food is rolled out. Here's my post from our experience on 9/26:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32702493-post306.html
Thanks! Any news on JFK?
Old Sep 28, 2020, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Any news from LAX? When I was there about a month ago no food options other than the snack box. Maybe this has more to do with Gruesome Newsom's still draconian measures.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 8:31 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by taigatrommel
Thanks! Any news on JFK?
To answer my own question:
In September in the Admirals Club in LGA offered only a little bag with snacks, which was provided at the check-in (in line with the statement on the AA website regarding the current lounge operation). Of course the stunning view across the apron of LGA towards Manhattan skyline was still there
In October the Admirals Club in JFK had the bar open, as well packed food at the self service buffet available (noodle salads, cheese cubes and similar stuff) - so the Admirals Club in JFK (and most likely in LGA) is back to snacks and also bar service. Despite the website stating 'Only pre-packaged food and bottled water will be available, per local restrictions.'
The poster for the Guacamole was in a corner, but I was there outside their operation times.
The Flagship lounge in JFK is still closed.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 12:44 pm

Admiral's Club ORD offerings 10/16 before 10:00AM

SPN Lifer, AAway and Spanish like this.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Wow. The Admiral's Club offerings in ORD, while still far-behind the Pre-COVID days, are way better than what is being offered in the United Club @ ORD right now...only packaged junk food when I was there a few weeks ago.
SPN Lifer, SS255 and thunderdeacon like this.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 9:02 pm

An AC sign in one of JustSomeFlyer's photos says to "maintain space between others". Taken literally, that is blaming me for something outside my control. It's not my job to make sure stranger A stays 6 feet from stranger B. I think they should have said to "maintain space from others" or "maintain space between yourself and others".
chrisny2, ikwia, AAway and 4 others like this.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 11:26 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by flyingegghead
an ac sign in one of justsomeflyer's photos says to "maintain space between others". Taken literally, that is blaming me for something outside my control. It's not my job to make sure stranger a stays 6 feet from stranger b. I think they should have said to "maintain space from others" or "maintain space between yourself and others".
😆🤣😂
Old Oct 27, 2020, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
An AC sign in one of JustSomeFlyer's photos says to "maintain space between others". Taken literally, that is blaming me for something outside my control. It's not my job to make sure stranger A stays 6 feet from stranger B. I think they should have said to "maintain space from others" or "maintain space between yourself and others".
LOL
Or they could have printed, "if you're worried about spacing during air travel, perhaps don't fly yet" haha. I'm guessing your grammar comment was a joke, and this is, as well.
joeyE and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
The "yourself (and)" is understood, as that is to whom it is addressed.
BWISkyGuy and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 11:14 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
LAX as of 1 NOV:

Breakfast: bagel, donuts, yogurt, cereal, fruit, all either pre-wrapped or in individual cups

Lunch: brownies, rice crispy treats, pasta salad. Main course salads and sandwiches for sale.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 7:33 pm

Programs: Miles N More, One World
The food at ORD looks like the same thing in PHX last week. Worked for us. Guac toast with prosciutto and cotija cheese.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
MIA D30 at around 2:30pm just before boarding a Flagship F Transcon, really nothing in the way of food. A dismal bar selection and that was pretty much it. Honestly AA’s ground product for premium transcons these days is not good.

Luckily I spent the preceding 3 hours in the far superior Centurion Lounge.
jcatman likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by cmd320
MIA D30 at around 2:30pm just before boarding a Flagship F Transcon, really nothing in the way of food. A dismal bar selection and that was pretty much it. Honestly AA’s ground product for premium transcons these days is not good.

Luckily I spent the preceding 3 hours in the far superior Centurion Lounge.
Yeah, I just got an Amex Plat card. How much of a walk is it worth to go to the Centurion Lounge at MIA?
Old Nov 5, 2020, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Yeah, I just got an Amex Plat card. How much of a walk is it worth to go to the Centurion Lounge at MIA?
From where exactly? MIA Centurion Lounge is located right near gate D12 so if you’re in the D concourse (vast majority of AA flights) take the SkyTrain to station 1 and then head towards D12. It’s about a 3 to 5 minute trip from the train doors at station 1 to the Centurion Lounge doors depending on your walking speed and elevator luck.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by cmd320
From where exactly? MIA Centurion Lounge is located right near gate D12 so if you’re in the D concourse (vast majority of AA flights) take the SkyTrain to station 1 and then head towards D12. It’s about a 3 to 5 minute trip from the train doors at station 1 to the Centurion Lounge doors depending on your walking speed and elevator luck.
Donno. I got three flights through MIA in the next month. Coming from DCA, I've got a two hour layover. Coming from MCO, I've got an hour. Not sure about my LAX trip.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.