AA app error (to merge)

Old Aug 1, 20, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Choice Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
AA app error (to merge)

Is anyone else experiencing errors within the AA app? I've been getting an error code for over a week now and have already logged out logged in and just now tried reinstalling. Anyone else
?
Old Aug 1, 20, 10:06 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by miadukes View Post
Is anyone else experiencing errors within the AA app? I've been getting an error code for over a week now and have already logged out logged in and just now tried reinstalling. Anyone else
?
iOS or Android?
Old Aug 1, 20, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
What kind of error?

I just opened mine on Android and it seems to be fine.
Old Aug 1, 20, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
iOS or Android?
on Android, it just keeps giving me an error pop up that says Error please try again or come back later

Eta the app seems to work fine as long as i don't log in, it starts erroring out once i log in

Last edited by miadukes; Aug 1, 20 at 2:52 pm
Old Aug 1, 20, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hertz Gold
on Android, it just keeps giving me an error pop up that says Error please try again or come back later

Eta the app seems to work fine as long as i don't log in, it starts erroring out once i log in
Does your account look normal when you log in from a browser?
Old Aug 1, 20, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Madison Guy View Post
Does your account look normal when you log in from a browser?
Yes looks perfectly fine on a browser. No issues there
Old Aug 1, 20, 6:57 pm

I had the same problem a few days ago. Went away after 24 hours or so.
Old Aug 1, 20, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
There seems to be an issue with Android. There's been issues with DL app, and a few others that I'm aware of. All popping up at same time, same issue, seems like unlikely coincidence.
Old Aug 2, 20, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stickboy46 View Post
I had the same problem a few days ago. Went away after 24 hours or so.
I wish, it's been about a week
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
There seems to be an issue with Android. There's been issues with DL app, and a few others that I'm aware of. All popping up at same time, same issue, seems like unlikely coincidence.
didn't know that but even messing around other airlines apps AA is still the only one giving me a problem....sigh
Old Aug 3, 20, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Gold
I have a different issue on IOS where the app will lose all of my bookings. They aren't linked to my AA account (I do actually have one) as I credit to BA instead, so I have to add them all manually. Randomly but too frequently they all disappear and needed to be added in again.

Yesterday's occurrence was after putting my phone into airplane mode to fly from DFW to PHX and when I turned airplane mode off and opened the app they were all gone. Not the end of the world by any means but frustrating when you have to go and find all the record locators in e-mails to then add them back in.
Old Aug 3, 20, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
I wish, it's been about a week

didn't know that but even messing around other airlines apps AA is still the only one giving me a problem....sigh
There's a thread in DL forum with issues with their Android app. Plus I know of couple other apps that I use have had issues posted in their support forums.

I didnt have any issues till VW forfed the latest Android system app on me.
Old Aug 3, 20, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Odd. I'm not experiencing any. Then again, I'm still on Android 9.

Are you on 10?
Old Aug 4, 20, 7:56 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, WN A+/CP, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hyatt EXPL, Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by Geordie405 View Post
I have a different issue on IOS where the app will lose all of my bookings. They aren't linked to my AA account (I do actually have one) as I credit to BA instead, so I have to add them all manually. Randomly but too frequently they all disappear and needed to be added in again.

Yesterday's occurrence was after putting my phone into airplane mode to fly from DFW to PHX and when I turned airplane mode off and opened the app they were all gone. Not the end of the world by any means but frustrating when you have to go and find all the record locators in e-mails to then add them back in.

I have the exact same issue on my IPhone.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: